Chapter 2: After School

Chapter 2: After School

A Chapter by Miyuki
"

April's life takes a turn for the worst

"

I chewed violently on my gum. It had already lost it's juicy watermelon flavor, obviously it hadn't lasted "extra extra long." My jaw was starting to hurt from all the chewing. I reached into my open purse and grabbed a silver gum wrapper to wrap the gum in. I started tapping my pencil against my pinky finger.  These were both some of my many bad thinking habits. What could the answer to the last question be? Question number 25, it was a stumper.

Cindy cleared her throat next to me, a secret signal of ours, that means she threw a note in my opened purse. I reached down to grab it.

Hey you stuck on something?

I looked over at Mr. Morton who had his eyes fixed on his computer. He looked to distracted to notice if I was passing a note or not. I picked up my pencil and started writing.

Yeah. What's the answer to question number 25?

I threw it into Cindy's open pink purse, sitting on the floor next to mine. She read the note carefully and started writing a response.

It's d.

duh!

I rolled my eyes and circled the letter d on the test. As I walked over to Mr. Morton's desk, I mouthed the word, "Thanks" to Cindy.

I sat down and Cindy cleared her throat again. I reached into my bag and grabbed the note.

What'd you think of that quiz?

Pretty easy eh?

I've been done for so long. I'm so bored.

Everything was easy for Cindy. She didn't even have to study. Whenever we learn something new in school, Cindy already knows it. She might as well just skip a few grades but she's afraid to.

"Better to be safe than sorry."

I started scribbling a response on the note.

Yeah it was pretty easy, except number 25.

What's your grade in this class?

I have an A-. That and Social Studies are my worst grades.

I threw the note in her purse and she read it. She scribbled down a response and threw the note in my purse. I reached in my purse for the note but at that moment the bell rang. I zipped up my purse and picked up my books. I walked out of the room with Cindy and we met Amy at our lockers.

"Hey guys," Amy greeted us. "That quiz was so hard. I'm pretty sure I failed."

I shrugged, "I thought it was pretty easy, what'd you think Cindy?"

"It was so easy. You should've studied, Amy." Cindy responded, as she opened the squeaky door to her locker.

I turned the combination on my locker and opened it. I put my books in and got out the books that I needed for homework. We all finished at our lockers and walked down stairs and out to the bus loading platform.

"So, what are we doing this weekend?" Amy asked.

Obviously, she didn't want to think about the test. Amy lived for the weekends. During the school week she was dull and pissed off. On the weekends, she was happy and cheery.

"Um, why don't we go to the mall? I heard they're opening a Cold Stone's Creamery there. We could go shopping and then get ice cream." Cindy said.

"Oh, I love their ice cream!" Amy exclaimed, practically drooling at the thought.

I shrugged, "I'm always in the mood for shopping. I've never been to Cold Stone's though. Let's do it."

"Oh my gosh, April, it's like one of the things that you have to do before you die. We have to go." Amy assured me.

"Well, considering the fact that I don't plan on dying before Friday, we should definitely go." I laughed.

"Okay, cool," Cindy said.

"Well, I'm gonna go. See you guys tomorrow though." I smiled.

"Alright bye!" Amy said.

"See you later!" Cindy said.

I walked out to the parking lot where my car was parked. I pulled the note that Cindy gave me out of my purse.

Yeah that quiz was easy.

I have an A in this class.

But...

"Hey, watch out!" I heard someone yell.

I looked to my left, but it was too late.



© 2008 Miyuki


Author's Note

Miyuki
Hope you enjoy it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on February 6, 2008


Author

Miyuki
Miyuki

About
I had another account on here but I forgot the username so I just got a new one. So here I am. I like to write for fun. I'm not that good at stories. I love poetry though. Hope you like my work. I'm.. more..

Writing
Wake Up Wake Up

A Book by Miyuki