Chapter 5: I Don't Understand

Chapter 5: I Don't Understand

A Chapter by Miyuki
"

April is still having trouble understanding everything, but hey, who can blame her?

"

I was lying there on my side, hugging my knees. Any other time I would've tried to control myself. Especially, in front of someone I've just met. I was making a fool of myself. Than I just got up. It was almost out of my control. I just stood up. I looked at the ocean. It was so bright and beautiful and blue. I ran to it. Straight to it. My feet kicking sand behind me, my hair flying in the wind. Until, I hit the water. I dove down. It was amazing, because even though I was under water, I could still breathe. It was beautiful down there. I wasn't feeling feverish anymore. Everything just melted away. I didn't forget, but everything just felt better.

Suddenly, something grabbed me. I turned around, it was Ryan. I tried to pull away from him but he wouldn't let go. He pulled me up. I kept trying to shake myself out of his tight grip. He pulled me up until we reached the surface. He dragged me onto the sand.

Our hair was soaking wet. Water was dripping off of our bodies. Ryan flicked his wrist and a white towel appeared. He wrapped it around my shoulders, but I shook it off. I got up to get back in the water but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me down.

I tried to talk but I just started coughing. Eventually, I got some words out, "What is your problem?"

He started coughing too. "Don't do that," he told me when he was done coughing.

"Why?" I asked, "Why, can't I do that? Why am I here? If I got hit by a bus, wouldn't I be dead?" I covered my face with the towel and started weaping again. "I don't understand!" My voice was muffled from the towel.

He put a hand on my shoulder for support, "I know, you're scared. You have to understand though, you have to get used to everything."

I suddenly remembered him flicking his wrist, and the towel appearing. I was able to imagine all of this, could I do that too? I tried it. I closed my eyes, flicked my wrist and there it was. Another white towel. I gave it to Ryan.

He didn't yell at me for this, I thought he would. All he did was smile and say, "Thanks."

I still didn't seem to understand. It was all still so confusing.

 

 



© 2008 Miyuki


Author's Note

Miyuki
Hope you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on February 20, 2008
Last Updated on February 21, 2008


Author

Miyuki
Miyuki

About
I had another account on here but I forgot the username so I just got a new one. So here I am. I like to write for fun. I'm not that good at stories. I love poetry though. Hope you like my work. I'm.. more..

Writing
Wake Up Wake Up

A Book by Miyuki