rainbow.........

rainbow.........

A Story by manasi sarangi
"

It is a story which has the past in the veins.......

"
Every time when wind blows from our window my granny used to murmur some songs which i love to listen. Some songs are unusual. Whenever i used to ask her that where she had learned these songs? Her answer was always constant. “You will come to know when there will be a rainbow". I always tried to get the secrets. But not necessary to say i was unsuccessful.

Like water, time passed. Now i am crying on my bed because of my break-up.with Mohit. I was not able to understand why he did he do this to me? That to be with my best friend. When i saw them in an uncensored position, they did not know theat i am there. That way i came to know that they are in a relationship & why every time mohit drops me early,then he drops neha...............What about the IAS combine study? Now i am coming to know..........."You are the biggest fool swati."


Mom & Dad are not there,so nobody was there to listen my painful cry. Only my Granny was there..........She came to me. Sit next to me..........I cried a lot on her lap. Since she was with me,i slept for some moments on her lap............i told everything to her. From my hand-shake to my lip-kiss........I thought she will scold me...but she told me,"I can understand.Finally you saw the rainbow. Which seems to be real,but are not. I think today i can reveal the secret."

She started,"As you know,your grand-father was a forest officer,We have to travel all over the India. Once he had posted in a small town of chattisgarh,India.I was so happy to be with in natural beauty.But i have started to miss your grand-father.Since he used to be absent because of his work. I used to be at home. Your father and Aunty was near their grand-parents. I was staying with the home-guard,driver and cook.

From the first day only,i came to know that there is something in between me and Keshav,who was working there as a driver.Although he was 10 years younger than me.Finally one fine day,i crossed my limits because of my loneliness and his warm touch. He used to sing in his local language.By that time i had started avoiding your grand-pa. I was ready to leave your dad, aunty ang grand-pa.

One day he told me he is going to his home for 3 days. I was so upset,but sent him,since he told his parents are not well. By that day only i got to know that i have a miscarriage(needless to say father was keshav).My home-guard and cook took me to the hospital. My life was saved,but they could not save the child...... I was thinking how i am going to face keshav.....because he was very excited for the child...........

"U know keshav na,who is a driver in the big boss's house,he took some miscarriage medicines,saying that his golden egg chicken will go out from his hand if i will not give it to him.I think he caught a money-making lady. U remembered,last time he did the affair with the great-business man sahani's wife. Then at last he took the medicine from me, and i think still now he is doing.........to her. He is making good money as well as pleasure...who cares."said a nurse and then she went.I was not able to think what is going on.

Then i felt,"what did i do?"I remembered then once my granny was saying" Do not follow the rainbow,it always dips you to the hole........You will not get anything by following it..................."

"So do not cry and have vanilla ice-cream.......with me.No need to tell anybody. That time i also did not tell to your grand pa."

That day i felt the reality of rainbow.............

© 2014 manasi sarangi


Author's Note

manasi sarangi
Please read and whereever i have problem please let me know........

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on February 2, 2014
Last Updated on February 2, 2014

Author

manasi sarangi
manasi sarangi

bangalore, karnataka, India



About
hi, I am so much passionate about writing...because of my personal duties...i was not able to give time to my passion so now i am here..please judge my writing and give me feedback...thanx. more..

Writing