The Dream And The Nightmare

The Dream And The Nightmare

A Poem by Mandi
"

My last piece...

"

 

 
 
 
The Dream And The Nightmare
 
Not everybody knows what it is like to have a dream.
Well, I do. My dream is, of course, to become a writer.
But I never realized how much effort it takes to accomplish that dream.
It is like a race; you can not win the prize unless you give it your all;
Sprinting as fast as you can toward the finish line.
But how can I carry out my dream?
 
Will my writing be published?
Am I able to write something decent enough for people to enjoy?
My dream is still in the mist, I don’t know if I will be able to achieve it.
I imagine the thrill that will arouse my spirit when I get published;
If I ever will, I do not know…I cannot tell the future,
But I can control what I will do.
 
I will write with all my heart, giving it my all until the finish line.
I will carry out my dream, wishing for everyone to enjoy what I do so greatly.
But the truth still lies within my heart; that nagging nightmare that will never leave me;
Am I capable enough to carry out my fantasy?
Am I susceptible to careless mistakes? If so, can they be fixed?
Or do I have an unchangeable fashion about my writing that is disgraceful?
 
This nightmare, that I cannot push beside me, will stay with me forever.
But I am going to prove it wrong!
I’m going to carry out my writing, no matter what comes my way!
The helpful reviews from people that I’ve gotten have helped me; sustained me.
And the prayers to my God, my father, will nourish me and keep me going.
I have a long way to go, a fearful journey to my destiny.
 
Or is it my destiny? Are all of my dreams fake, or have I been given a gift
That I love? Is it real? Or is it my nightmare? It is still haunting me, no matter
Which direction I go in, I still have that  vivid inspiration to write,
But my nightmare is still lingering; I am not good enough.
My writing has a wind about it that I cannot fix!
So the mystery is still there. It is not going to leave.
 
It is a curdling mist that will never say farewell.
But I am going to win! I am going to defeat the wicked tempter
Who is trying to keep from winning the race.
The race to the finish line, that I want so badly.
After these words I have an inspiring feeling.
I can do this, so I’m going all in, the battle is on! Will I win?

© 2009 Mandi


Author's Note

Mandi
hehe...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love your poem and the way in which you were able to express the dreams and fears of many young writers. Great job and I can't wait to read more!

Posted 10 Years Ago


What a beautiful dream and what a beautiful poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is such a beautiful dream that I believe will become reality for you. It is a heart for writing and giving through words that brings us back here day after day. May you be blessed and may your writing ever bless the world...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Mandi, if you really have decided to leave the Cafe, I wish you lots of luck with your literary achievements now and in the future.

However - tho' it has to be your choice, by staying amongst writers you'll receive inspiration and advice, guidance and honest kindness from folk who can clearly see what a talent you have.

You show your gift for writing in so many ways, not least in this post. There are phrases which adults twice your age would be proud to use, for instance, 'It is a curdling mist that will never say farewell.'

Whatever you do, my young friend, be happy and very proud of yourself. xx

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

507 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 28, 2009
Last Updated on September 30, 2009

Author

Mandi
Mandi

Writing
Your Garments Your Garments

A Story by Mandi


Raging Storms Raging Storms

A Story by Mandi


Anguish Anguish

A Poem by Mandi



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Everyday Everyday

A Poem by Manda