Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Mandy Massacre

 

CHAPTER 1 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

Everyone has a mate, even vampires, but theirs are called Blood Mates. Makes sense that even I would have one, right? No, I was made to walk this heartless world alone.

"Jesabelle! Come on! We'll be late!" Daray yelled from the passengers seat of her boyfriend's lamborgini. Okay, I admit it, I have some friends.

"Coming!" I yelled back.

I grabbed my backpack with my laptop and quickly put on a warm coat.

A cold wind blew snow on to my face as I opened the door. Snow was everywhere. A cold blanket covering the earth. You could barely see the car since it was "snow white" according to the manufacturer. Denver isn't always the best place to live, I guess...

"Thanks for the ride, Gerard." I said bleakly as I slipped in to the toasty heat. My skin welcoming the warmth even though it hadn't been out in the cold for that long.

"It's all right." He turned to me and smiled. "Same old self I see."

"Yeah, I guess." I turned to the window and zipped up my coat.

The winter snow covered the field and all of the surrounding trees. Only two small rabbits could be made out as they hopped around together embracing the new season joyfully. Even rabbits can find their love...

Tired of seeing yet another creature finding their true love, I pulled out my laptop to escape reality.

Www.vampirebelievers.com read across the screen. My website, it never had any hits so there was no point in checking. But I still wanted to see if other people believed the same as me. Maybe a guy around here? Not so likely.

"Still tapping away on that keyboard, huh?" Daray turned and had her infamous grin on.

Daray and I have been friends since we were little. We had a lot of fights, but we can never stay mad at each other for extended periods of time. When we were six, she would always invite me over to play peices on piano for her. Then, her twin brother, Jacobi, would come and start to play on his kid drum set.

Once we got bored, we'd all play princesses and Jacobi would have to be the king. I don't think he really liked that role, but you never heard him complain.

Ever since Daray started dating Gerard though, it seems that all of them are keeping something from me. Let me tell you, that is not a good feeling to have. Especially when we've been like siblings since we met. Weird thing is, Gerard and Daray just met a few weeks ago and they're already doing that mushy-gushy stuff, you know crap like that. Well, I hope that's all they're doing. So, as you may have already noticed, I'm not a big fan of Gerard's.

"Yeah. Why not?"

She sighed and turned back to Gerard. Her beautiful long black hair flicking back in the wind.

That's another thing about Daray, she's undoubtably gorgeous. Whenever we'd go out somewhere, guys were like flies and stick to her, and ignoring me in the process. But, now she's seventeen and I will be too in a few days. So, I'm over it, sort of.

We drove into Amelia High School and kids had already started a snowball fight. Immature people...

Gerard pulled into his usual spot and stood up and stretched. Then, a snowball hit him in the chest. Luckily for the guy, Gerard's too much of a softy to send him to the office. Well, he was a teacher. He should have, then I would've had a laugh.

"Very funny, Mr. Marker. Now all of you go to first period." He just laughed it off. Ugh.. not even a threat of the office...

Daray went towards Gerard after he had gotten all the snow of his trenchcoat, and to my dismay, they started making out. Twitch....

"Do you guys mind?? I'm still standing here!" I spazzed at the sight.

"Oh, sor-ry. Yeah right!" Daray said and then went back to kissing.

I rolled my eyes and walked away, not daring a look back at the two love birds. They knew I didn't like it when they did that stuff around me. I mean, Daray has made out and gone out with so many guys and I have yet to have one. I sighed and looked at the long haul up to my first period room.

The path was slippery from all the layers of ice put on during the weekend. I slipped a little then regained my balance. This is why I don't like winter that much.

My first period room had the smell of hot cocoa running through the coffee maker. I looked and there was a huge line to one small table with way too few of cups. Doesn't look like I'll be getting one...

Mrs. Hauptman was a kind old lady, but she was way too bubbly for the lady's own good. Her idea of a fun day was handing out pop quizzes. Pop quiz my butt, they're more like pop tests. They usually have about 50 - 60 questions on all of them.

3 Periods Later.....

"Ms. SynClaire? Ms. SynClaire! Here's an early Christmas present for you." Mr. Gate woke me up.

"Erm... What?! Not another detention!" I yelled. I heard giggles of the snobs behind me. I turned to give them an evil glare and they fell silent.

"You shouldn't have fallen asleep, you know what the rules are."

Not to mention this class is:

1) Right after lunch

2) The most boring class of all... math.....

But I couldn't say that. I would have gotten even more detentions. "Whatever."

He went back to teaching and soon the bell rang. At least the last class is all right I guess.

Art Class...

"Okay class, it's another free day." Gerard (in class I should say Mr. Ravenheart) said.

Ugh... another day of nothing but goo-goo eyes and making out in the halls for Daray and Gerard. Whoopee...

Gerard quickly went to the seat across from Daray, and they started looking all ga-ga again.

"Ew... Would you two stop that? Especially in school!" I pleaded. They both turned to me and shook their heads. "Ugh... You two are so annoying." Silence sat at our table for a moment and Daray giggled, like there was a joke I didn't hear.

I pulled my laptop out of my backpack and started it up. My AIM Messenger signed me on. A rare occasion popped up. "vampireknight1269 would like to start a chat with you." I clicked "accept".

vampireknight1269: Hello Jesabelle.

xvampirexbabex: Who are you and how do you know my name??

vampireknight1269: I'm Peris. I'm glad you still believe in us.

xvampirexbabex: ...???

vampireknight1269: In my kind. Anyway,do you have some time to meet me later? Oh, well, I shouldn't ask that since I'll see you soon.

xvampirexbabex: HELL NO!! What the hell? Are you some kind of stalker????

vampireknight1269: Well, I better be going. It's not good driving if I'm texting while driving. Oh, I love your site. ;) See you soon.

xvampirexbabex: NO ANSWER MY QUESTION!

vampireknight1269 has signed off

I quickly clicked my way to my website. Oh crap... "1 hit" read at the top of the page. I fell out of my chair and hit my head on the floor.

"Jesa-" Daray started.

"Gerard I need a ride.. NOW!"

"Sorry, I can't. I have a meeting in five minutes. And don't you have detention?" Give a hand to teachers for being the biggest gossips in the world...I don't care. I need to go." I said but no one answered, "Fine! I'll run home!" I darted out the door.

"

I ran out the art room door to hear DaRay screaming my name.

"Jesabelle! Wait!"

I would have yelled back, but I sort of couldn't. I slipped on the black ice that lay outside the door. I was soon flying down towards the empty parking lot. Students already left and it was have completely empty. If they were still here, they would see the class outcast flying to her death. If only God had been that nice to me.

I slid and slid. My butt was becoming numb and I could barely feel something that went into my leg. All I knew is that it didn't feel to bad.

I could hear Daray screaming for Gerard that was probably slowly walking towards the door.

When I finally stopped I was in the middle of the parking lot. I knew my choice of a skirt and leggings from Hot Topic was a bad idea. Now I would have to go buy new ones. I decided to get up and go to the office to warm myself up. Even if that meant going to detention. One problem : My leg wouldn't move.

I glanced down at my leg to see blood streaming down turning my leg an eerie red. What I had thought was a little prick of wood or something on my descent, was really a large splinter that cut deep into my skin. My leg was all tingly as I looked at the pools of blood surrounding my leg.

"Jesabelle! Get out of the way!" I heard Daray scream. I quickly turned my head to see a pair of headlights right behind me.

This was a bad time for my leg to decide it was in to much pain to move. A loud screech came from the car's rubber tires. I was going to be hit and I knew it. I closed my eyes tightly before I felt arms grab me and pull me out of the way. I opened my eyes to see Gerard in front of me brushing off the snow off his pants.

"What the...?" I was speechless. He saved me. It wasn't that I was surprised about that, but last time I saw him, he was next to Daray. How did he get there so fast?

"Are you all right Jesabelle?" Gerard asked.

"Uh. Yeah... How.. you... Daray?" I was completely confused.

"Peris! You could have killed her! What were you thinking?" Gerard turned to the car, ignoring me.

"It's not like I was trying! Weren't you supposed to keep her safe until I got here?" A guy stepped out of the slick black car.

He looked like a movie star or something. Spike, black hair with blonde tips. A pair of snake bites accented his lips. He almost looked like Gerard in what he wore. A black button-down with a red tie, skinny black jeans and a studded belt.

Peris looked at me with a disgusted look. Am I really that hideous? I hated the look he gave me. He seemed to be looking at my leg though.

"Will one of you clean that up we don't need -"

"Too late for that one, Peris. He's almost here." Daray innterupted.

Peris mumbled something under his breath that was to quiet for me to hear.

"Okay, what the hell is going on here?" I finally got a word in.

"Please, please, I'm begging you. Tell me one of you told her." Peris looked at Gerard and Daray with pleading eyes. His eyes soon changed from pleading to pure discontent. "Well, that's just great. Jesabelle," He took a breath, "we're vampires."



© 2010 Mandy Massacre


Author's Note

Mandy Massacre
ignore grammar in whole book. I'm not that great at grammar lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Jeeze so her best friend. The teacher she is dating *shudders* and the other guy. They are all vampires? Well isnt that a twist. Can't wait to see what happens next. Onto chapter two.

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is awesome!!!! Please continue!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Yes, I remember this from before, and I was wondering when there would be more.
It's definitely interesting and well-written. The main character is easy to like. And the ending of the chapter is perfect, the way it makes you want to read on.
I just hope the wrong people don't find out that ol' Gerard is dating a student!
But of course, he's a vampire....
Well, I guess I'll have to read the next part! Great job on this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


i love it! keep going...i can't wait to see what happens until after he hits her with or...lol or sort of anyways.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Love it Manda its really good so far I'm gunna go read the rest ^-^ love you girl and hope to see you soon byebye Love, Me haha

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is a cleverly written beginning, and I can't wait to read more!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

338 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 1, 2008
Last Updated on January 29, 2010


Author

Mandy Massacre
Mandy Massacre

Spring Hill, FL



About
my names amanda, im 14, i like someone, i like to write and draw (if not i dont think i would be on here...) uhm idk what else more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Mandy Massacre


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Mandy Massacre