Militia Training.

Militia Training.

A Chapter by Warrior of Death

Leon stood at the the end of a line of other young men in one of the many clearings outside of Celembel, his village. A large man in heavy chainmail was yelling to him and the others.
"Alright men, you all know why you are here. Togather we shall stand against the foul forces of Aegis!" Leon and the young men cheered loudly. "Today as well as every other you will be paired and spar. This will reveal and improve your skill with a weapon!" The man continued. Everyone was paired and given a dull sword with a cruciform hilt. Leon was paired with a boy named Michael. He was sixteen, with a tall, lean frame, sandy blond hair, and a handsome smile.
The armored man yelled"begin!" and Michael yelled wildly, lounging and swinging his sword viscously. Leon dodged and caught the sword with his. Both one them danced away, circling each other. Michael came in again, more quietly this time. Both fought hard and fast and neither would give up but in the end it was Leon who won. They had matched each other blow for blow. 
"Wow" Michael said breathlessly after the fight was over. "You're really good"
Leon didn't reply. He was still shocked himself from the speep of the duel. All throughout the fight his body blurred entirely and the necklace seemed to get heavier. His whole body seemed to speed up.
After everyone had sparred and praise had been given, the recruits were allowed a small lunch and a short rest. The man in  chainmail then started them on a series of tests: archery, pike skills, survival, and discipline. At sundown, training halted and the recuits went to their barracks.There all fifty got there supper and went to bed.Leon and Michael had their barracks togather. They sat quietly and spoke of their abilities, eating their moderate dinner of meat and bread. They also traded family stories. Leon learned that Michael and his father were adventurers. 


© 2013 Warrior of Death


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on February 3, 2013
Last Updated on February 3, 2013


Author

Warrior of Death
Warrior of Death

port richey, FL



About
I love to write and read. I do it all the time, even when I'm not supposed to. more..

Writing