Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Marie Maddson

Underneath the snow coated church a small gathering of family and friends witnessed the union of Lily Collins and Mr Thomas.

Lily Collins stood beside her soon-to-be husband in a pearly white wedding dress. Her beautiful blonde hair lacked its usual untidiness, as it stood in an intricate knot at the base of her neck. Aside from a thin layer of make-up, Lily bore a huge smile and her green eyes twinkled in happiness and excitement as she looked up at the man that stood beside her.

Mr Thomas stood a head taller than Lily in his navy blue suit, a rose corsage sitting proudly on his broad chest. To those who did not know him well they would believe him to be unhappy, but to those in the pews who loved him and whom he loved in return could see the way his brown eyes shone with love as she stared down at his bride.

“You may kiss the bride”       

The newly married couple turned to face each other and completely forgot about the crowd watching them as they swam in each other’s’ eyes. Mr Thomas pressed his huge hand against Lily’s pale cheek, still looking into his eyes the newly named Lily Thomas rose on her tip-toe and pressed her lips against her husband’s. The onlookers wiped their eyes and clapped as she wrapped his arms around her petite waist to pull her closer. After a long while their lips parted, their arms still wrapped against around each other, and grinned; both of them excited about the years that lay before them.

After two years of blissful marriage, filled with both ups and downs, a beautiful baby girl joined the small family. Aspen Thomas, was a beautiful little girl with short, blonde hair, vivid green eyes and perfect little fingers and toes; her proud father christened her ‘Little Lily’. Mr Thomas’ family and friends were pleasantly surprised as to how much he adored his daughter and how much of his spare time he spent playing with his daughter, often throwing her high in the hair and laugh as the little girl gurgled with laughter as he caught her.

But the family’s fairy tale life ended abruptly when Aspen was only 13 years old. It was a dark, snowy night in the middle of February, when a drunken driver slammed into the passenger side of the Thomas’ car as the drove home

after a special birthday dinner for Aspen. The deadly impact left Aspen with a jagged scar up her left thigh and her father with a few harmless cuts and bruises. But Lily’s neck was snapped viciously with the force of the impact.

After a few weeks a gloomy funeral was held to celebrate Lily Thomas’ life and to mourn her sudden death. Afterwards, Mr Thomas was forced to look upon newly motherless Aspen as not a replica of the one person he loved most, but a living memory of what could never be his again.


 



© 2016 Marie Maddson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is such a great start, you have briefly described every little detail here which I believe is a strong part of this write... You portrayed the picture of a happy family where only happiness roamed but a sudden death of one of the main characters of the story made way for a new interesting plot... I really enjoyed your story telling style in this first chapter... Im going straightway to the next chapter... Full ratings for this chapter... You have impressed me my frnd....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Great scene-building and creative descriptiveness. I would read more of this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is such a great start, you have briefly described every little detail here which I believe is a strong part of this write... You portrayed the picture of a happy family where only happiness roamed but a sudden death of one of the main characters of the story made way for a new interesting plot... I really enjoyed your story telling style in this first chapter... Im going straightway to the next chapter... Full ratings for this chapter... You have impressed me my frnd....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2016
Last Updated on April 4, 2016


Author

Marie Maddson
Marie Maddson

Australia



About
An almost 17 year old girl who had fallen in love with the magic of words... more..

Writing
Help Help

A Chapter by Marie Maddson


Agony Agony

A Chapter by Marie Maddson


My Angel My Angel

A Chapter by Marie Maddson