Scott's Existence

Scott's Existence

A Poem by Janette Jets

He's a beautiful newborn, but I'm biased as his mother.
He cries, poops, and looks at me with his big eyes.
Who am I? Who are these people? What could you be thinking, Scott?

He's a beautiful baby, but I'm biased as his mother.
He cries, poops, and laughs with his little mouth.
Where's my food? When will you hold me? What could you be thinking, Scott?

He's a beautiful toddler, a lot of people awe when they see him.
He crawls, walks, and is learning to use the potty now!
Do I have to give up my bottle? Do I have to give up my diapers? What could you be thinking, Scott?

He's a beautiful child, a lot of people seem to agree.
He writes, helps me around the house, asks me for help with his cursive.
Can I watch TV now? Can you buy me that? What makes you want useless stuff, Scott?

He's a beautiful teenager, at least the girls he brings home seem to agree.
He complains, wants more privacy, hugs me a bit less now.
Do I smell alright? How much does a car cost? What could you be thinking, Scott?

He's a beautiful adult, no matter what anyone says.
He visits me, hugs me, and thanks me for everything that he can thank me for.
You can ask me anything, Scott.

One day, I hope to meet you, Scott.

© 2013 Janette Jets


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First let me say, I really like this. The repetitive lines work very well in it.
And the overall story comes through very clearly.
As I read the last line, I am left with two options...
The first being a child that had to be given away at birth that the mother is hoping someday to be reunited with.
The second being a child that has yet to be conceived and for now is only a future mother's dream.

Great work on this! :)


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Did you just... shatter a smiling reader's smile with a final delivery in the last line?
I loved it before reading the last line, but now I love it even more! Sorry for the late comment I just couldn't resist conveying my emotions.

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
what i can say more . beautiful writen expirience of motherhood. very gentle and wise. so there nothing more what i can say . cause you say all. thank you

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is a terrific read. Thank you for sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rings true to life. the repetition works. as Rogue has pointed out; there can be two different options for your readers. both are poignant and hopeful.
E.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I knew my daughter had become a teenager when she refused to hold my hand when we went to the mall.
I expected that day, but missed it, none-the-less. Being old means you can observe a child as he or she
moves thru time. First little, then big..First wanting, then needing. First asking then taking. Fisrst
trying to talk, then shouting....Let me stop.....I'm getting depressed.

good work,
dana

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great emotion, the feel only deepens as you read. I love how you expressed the passing of time. I love it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is powerful. Much emotion and feeling here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I found this to be quite adorable, and I see it as how a future mother thinks of her soon-to-be-son and how everything will be during the course of motherhood and his growth. Very sweet and each lines in each verse are beautifully constructed. I haven't seen a poem of this topic at all, and it's nice to see these type of point-of-view.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful and sweet and cute.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:) Mother´s bias is often confused as mother´s love, I enjoy how you are seeing through.
Also the progression of her dispositions is viscerally stirring.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

561 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2013
Last Updated on July 25, 2013
Tags: Motherhood, Children, Kids, Love, Childhood, Marriage, Thoughts, Girls, Youth

Author

Janette Jets
Janette Jets

Van Nuys, CA



About
You can't make me write, you can't make me do anything... and if you try to force me to do anything, I will write about it later! more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


women women

A Poem by quinfinn