My Life

My Life

A Chapter by livelovelaugh98
"

Tiger-Lilly explains her life. She has no friends (just an obnoxious boyfriend) and a poor messed up family. Now shes seeing more and more images in her head...and they're not always nice.

"

 As I walked down the hallway I examined the groups of friends laughing and talking. I wish I could be like that, I thought. But I can't, everyone hates me. Everyone thinks I'm weird, so they just avoid me at all times.

 You see I sometimes get these pictures in my head of people doing everyday things, but when I do I space out. So once Miss. Popular Katy saw, my life was over. From that day on everyone thought I was a freak-show.

 It's not like it made much of a difference though. Think about it,I'm a 15 year old girl with no friends, a horrible home and family and an obnoxious boyfriend.

 As I continued to walk down the hall to my locker, Katy came up to me.

  "Hi Tiger-Lilly!" she said in a sarcastic voice. I know I was in for some humiltion now.

 "Uh..hi" I said clearly not happy she was talking to me.

 "You know you might have some friends if you actually talked once in a while or maybe you could cut off those dreadful red curls and wear a wig!" she said smirking. Everyone laughed at this one.

 "Just go away" I told her helplessly. She laughed a sarcastic laugh then walked away.

 I finished the walk to my locker to get my stuff to go home. I got all my stuff into my bag then left before I could be humiliated even more.

 I hate going home almost as much as I hate going to school. I live on 36 Barton St. Our house is a piece of crap, its falling apart. Its super old and my dad never has the money to pay to fix things.

 When I finally get to my house I run up the driveway I open the door. I never need to worry about having a key the doors always unlocked. When I walk into the crappy living room my brother's there. He's smoking pot as usual even though hes only 14. He thinks if he smokes pot all his problems will go away. He gets really stressed out then feels he has no where else to go so he smokes. Its very sad actually,it makes  me want to cry but of course I would never say anything.

 I pretend not to notice and walk straight through to the kitchen. In the kitchen I grab a bag of chips, then I go sit down on the couch and wait for my dad to get home, but just as I sat down I got one of my images. This time it wasn't just someone doing everyday things. This time it was a murder! There was a person stabbing this teenage boy. He grabbed the boys hair and punched his face. The boy was screaming out at the person to stop but he didn't listen. He continued stabbing this poor kid. I could even see the tears streaming down the boys face. I could almost feel his pain. It killed me on the inside. I wanted to reach out and help him but I couldn't reach far enough. Wait a second...oh my god...that boy is my brother! Ugh! I can't see the face or the murderer, its all blurred out! Think think! Who could this killer be!? All of a sudden the image popped out of my head. I looked over at my brother, sitting there happily smoking with no worries but now I have a worry. You may think I'm crazy when I say this but I have a feeling that, that image wasn't just a picture in my head. It was fate.

 

 

 



© 2011 livelovelaugh98


Author's Note

livelovelaugh98
Please ignore grammar issues:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the story so far, but you need to bring in some more background infor on the family. Where does she get these images from? Where is the mom? Did Tiger-lily always had these pictures in her head. Can't wait to read more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


thissss is soo sad!!! i hate it when people pick on people for no reason!!!! But i rly like ths!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ali
I think you need to ask yourself why the characters in your story do the things they do- why does Katy actively beat up on tiger lilly? is she scared of her? why does mike drink? why does the brother smoke pot? Why does tiger lilly have this premonitions? I think that these are the kind of explanations that will make your characters more than just 2-dimensional

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very interesting so far, looking forward to what's going to happen next indeed I dooo~~ Katyy's not a pleasant person is she? (Ah-ha! You see what I did thar!? Got the upper hand on Katy by being nice and sophisticated, you see that came out, but what I was thinking was.... "biiiittttccchhhhhh") well done, looking forward to more of this~

Posted 13 Years Ago


AGH! u edited it...AND is her bro gonna die?! i was liking him, if I didn't really meet him yet.
anyways, keep up da good work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is good. Daum that Katy chick is a not very nice word huh?

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think you might want to distinguish between the narrator's thoughts. Just in the line, "I wish I could be like that I thought", it could be italisized or at least separated with a comma. But I think that falls into the grammar category :) So onward.

I wonder how old is the narrator? She mentions her brother's age to only be 14, but she doesn't seem like she is too much older.

I was thinking you could add something to leave the reader wanting more at the end of this chapter. It's all very informational--background stuff--which is obviously really important, but adding something to jog the mind at the end will leave your readers wanting more.

Otherwise, I look forward to reading the rest :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


haha, my favorite part was when she got home and immediately found her brother smoking pot, I thought it was funny that he would just be like..."hey...I'm doing drugs..sup?" haha. it was good, and i really liked this chapter! Great!

Posted 13 Years Ago


me doesn't like the katy person!! Shes a b***h and a meanie. I like the first chapter :]
keep writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


ZOMFG katie is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 19, 2010
Last Updated on January 1, 2011


Author

livelovelaugh98
livelovelaugh98

Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada



About
My name is Maura. I am 15 years old. My best friend is Naomi. I like to write mysteries. My favorite book is Crank by Ellen Hopkins. My favorite movie is The Hangover. My favorite band is Mariana's Tr.. more..

Writing
My family My family

A Chapter by livelovelaugh98



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..