Touch of Crazy

Touch of Crazy

A Poem by Maya Storm
"

All about mad love :) Dedicated to my husband... he gets me!!!

"
I want to stab you in the heart, to inject my love directly.

I want to peel the skin from your body and wrap myself in it. 
I want to taste your brain, pump lust through your veins. 

I want to lay you on the kitchen floor, and dress you up in oysters and escargots.
I'd love to cook you in a gourmet meal and serve you at my dinner parties.

I want to drain your blood and put it in my locket.
Pluck your eyes out from the sockets, and make the last face you see, be me!

 ;/
I'm going to squeeze you tight until your vision gets hazy.
I want to love you fierce and with a touch of crazy.

© 2011 Maya Storm


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your use of imagery is great. I love dark love poetry like this. Just a few things I could mention. "I'd love to cook you in a gourmet meal and serve you at my dinner parties" seems a little casual compared to the other lines. The line "I want to love you fierce and with a touch of crazy" could also maybe be reworked. "Touch of crazy" is in this weird spot where its enough of an understatement that it seems out of place, but not enough of an understatement to be clearly purposeful and ironic.


Posted 12 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow. maya, the imagery is great and this is very strong and poerful. For a moment made me think of Silence of the Lambs. But I can relate to loving someone so much you just want to find a way to be one with them. You have done a great job of describing this. Maybe even a little too well. ;p

Posted 12 Years Ago


You couldn't get any more strong, intense, and to the point about how you feel and what you want. It is extremely obvious how much you want to be intertwined and apart of your desire. You have made this very, very clear with the way you wrote, chose your words, placed and ordered your words, and created an impact.

This is a very nice smooth flowing writing which causes me to think about what you are saying. You got my attention, good job :-)

Posted 12 Years Ago


The blunt use of imagery works for this one. I liked the straight forwardness of the poem! Dark, disturbing, and original! Love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have to hand it to you ... the title works well Maya. It's a short, sharp piece with humour and sincerity in equal measure but importantly on top of that it's entertaining to read. You are lucky people.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Kind of scary but in a totally great way I loved it !! Great write !! and as crazy as this might sound you've got the love loads of people are dying for :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


once again loved this. especially to cook you in a gourmet meal and serve you at my dinner parties.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is kewl, remined me of silence of teh lambs

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hahaha, this is very cutely metal haha. I love how you portrayed your love sooo much different from everyone else. It really caught my attention and since i enjoy metal and goriness, made me enjoy it even more

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love how this is evil but also love! Really interesting idea in this poem. Good job, and great descriptions.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow thats intense! truly sounds crazy ;)

the eyes was my favorite btw

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2057 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 21, 2011
Last Updated on June 26, 2011
Tags: love, crazy, mad, intense love

Author

Maya Storm
Maya Storm

Montreal , Quebec, Canada



About
***[ I was away for a while and my 'read requests' are now in the 1000 range, I did not think it possible. I have turned it off for the moment, so if there is something that you need for me to read, .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..