The Lab

The Lab

A Chapter by #SecretWriter

The Lab

In a pristine white lab, the three in white lab coats are looking over the motionless figure on their operating table.  The woman with curly brown hair, lines crossing her face and her thin lips pursed in concentration. Two old men, the first with a needle at the ready and an intense look on his aged face is listening intently to the oldest of the three. The man with pure white hair is taller and seems scarily excited as he commands the other two.
The machine nearest the table is linked to the still figure on the table by a tube connecting to his mouth. The machine pulsates and the tube inflates. 
I awake with a breath in through my mouth into my lungs. This is the largest breath I have ever taken, my first breath. I feel the thunder of my heart as it throws my body as far as it can, until I feel the restraints around my wrists and my ankles. Double restraints to satisfy someones paranoia.
The woman removes the tube. the evil three are above me, surrounding me. Looking down at their work and amazed by their own power, intelligence and superiority above all else that lives. As they take these 5 seconds to look upon their result I lose it.
The breath that they gave to me leaves my body and my heart grows faint. As they panic and shout, the woman grabs the defibrillators and that's the last thing I see. I feel nothing throughout and the darkness takes my vision.


© 2014 #SecretWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting. Not much to comment on this. Not much happened. let me read the next chapter and get back to you.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
1 Review
Added on January 10, 2014
Last Updated on January 10, 2014


Author

#SecretWriter
#SecretWriter

Rochester, Kent, United Kingdom



About
Most of my characters have a dark secret, an evil plan or are just bat-s**t crazy. I'm new to most types of writing but enjoy it as often as possible. I might be a little bit crazy, but anyone w.. more..

Writing