The Reality of it all

The Reality of it all

A Chapter by Ted B (megaluigi)
"

the second chapter in my book, hope u like! contains some violence, and forshadowing... hehehe

"

The image of her was horrifying as I knelt down beside her corpse and cried. I sat there for what felt like an eternity. My father came to me and told me to lock the door and wait for a moment. I got up and lock the door and as I did, a startled yell came from the dining room. “Dad, I’m coming!” I got up and quickly ran towards the dining room and saw the ugliest, nastiest, and most beaten up thing I had ever seen. It moaned and growled as it lurched slowly towards us, dragging one foot along the floor. It was very bloody and beaten up, and it also was a pale green color. It had no front to it, as though one of the crazies had eaten its torso. Its guts and entrails were strung out in front of it and seemed to be tangled in between its legs.    

            “Get back! Away with your filth!” My father yelled at it. But there was no reasoning, for it seemed to not understand the human language any more. Its only instinct was to find and eat all living creatures. After realizing what he had to do, my father reached for a pistol sitting on the table, pointed it directly at the creature’s head, pulled the trigger and shot its head straight off its body. It was gruesome, but it was the thing to do.

            My father took one look at the corpse and said “Filthy animals, how dare they come in and kill us all. We can’t stay here, it isn’t safe. Gather your things and we’ll leave. Clothes, food, anything you absolutely need.” “But, where will we go?” I asked him. “…I don’t know just yet. Where’s the phone,” he started to call someone, I’m guessing someone to go live with until the time being, but then he said “D****t, phone lines are down.”  I knew that this was beginning to get way out of hand. Low food and water, no safe haven, and no phone or internet, yep, the world was headed for hell.

            We were able to find shelter at my friend Justin’s house. It was in a nice neighborhood with well-kept houses and friendly people, well, that is before the outbreak happened. Now it is a destroyed, run-down, broken pile of garbage with little people, lots of crazies, and very little shelter.

             The three days after we began living with the Eylers were like hell on earth. Here is a taste of the madness; we lived on edge, constantly, and we could not sleep for fear that they would break in. At night I lay awake in bed, eyes wide open. I would constantly watch the shadows out the window, and I would jump at the slightest sound.

            The days were very average, you know, running at full speed when you went outside to get water, chopping heads of infected people, and barricading your doors and windows when you went inside at night. Yeah, they were very average for an apocalyptic society. Justin and I had really no way to pass the time, being we were always pre-occupied with our iPods, so we resorted to learning how to effectively kill the things that threatened us. We both had seen stuff like this in movies and games, but had never really thought that it could happen. We both had little experience, aside from knowing how to swing an axe into someone’s head, so we had to learn eventually. We taught each other how to make quick decisions, find weak points in opponents, and how to preserve our weapons for the longest possible time.

              About four long and degrading days after moving in, we had heard that the government would be here to close the city in and to take the survivors. We could already see the wall that was spoken of had been built to close in the infected and keep out the survivors. My father had said that we were going to get packed and leave a couple of days before the walls would close, but little did we know they were going to close a little early. We had set off for the outskirts of the city, but we had no idea what lay ahead… 



© 2012 Ted B (megaluigi)


Author's Note

Ted B (megaluigi)
I think better dialogue could be used. Contains voilence and graphic depictions

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
Added on April 19, 2012
Last Updated on April 19, 2012
Tags: zombies, people, dead, blood, novel, hope, u, like, :)


Author

Ted B (megaluigi)
Ted B (megaluigi)

Baltimore, MD



About
I've never once in my life thought of writing. I hated writing and could never understand the concept, but now I'm beginning to like it. I dont know what it is. Why I have the urge to start writing. :.. more..

Writing