Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by Galaxy Blythe
"

I just want to explain what is going on in this chapter.

"

     My name is Lerina. I am 8 years old. I have a sister named Eira who is 12 and a dog named Shock. We played pretend for our whole lives. If we were asked personel questions, we pretended that our life was normal. We pretended that we had a mom named Rachel who worked as a lawyer and a dad named Chris who worked for the city. We pretended that we weren't scared that somebody will figure out about us. "They" have been hating us for more than 300 years now. First they burned us, then they hung us.It has been about 300 years since anything has happened, but you can still tell that they hate us. Are you thinking about what is happening now? Well, nobody will know till the "Killing" happens. No, we aren't the stereotypical witches. We aren't green and ugly, and we aren't evil, well most of us. Sure, there are some evildoers, but aren't there mortal murderers? We don't even use potions for pete's sake! Yes, we do have powers. It comes in like puberty does. It comes a little bit at a time, and then you will have full use of all your powers. We don't go through a normal puberty like mortals do. That also means that we can't have our own babies. usually a witch with blessing powers (a.k.a a genie to you mortals) will give the child the gift of magic.  It is usually an elemental power like fire, water, or earth. Sometimes you can get a power like blessing, but you can only use blessing powers if it benefits other people, too. The other powers you can get are pretty rare. Some babies may become a witch if their mom (and it has to be the mom), dies while giving birth to the child.The rarest way is to simply be born into the craft. Others are "made" also called "created". I think that is pretty self-explanatory. It is just when a witch with the gift of blessing creates a child. Kind of like with potions, but like I said, we don't use potions. It takes a powerful witch to make a child. It takes an extremely powerful witch to make 2 kids and a dog. And for all those idiots out there, all Willow wanted was a family. Most witches bless a child, and if the parents abandoned it, the witch will adopt that child. A lot of us pay money or use our gifts to create something that we can use to trade for someone to turn a child into a witch. You might think this is kidnapping, but do you really think people deserve to have a kid if they threw it out? But the occasional person who will keep the baby is adored by all witches and will have made many new friends by the end of the day. Anyways, I was "made". It can be done many ways. Willow is our Creator. Oh and before I go, if you were "made" then you will not have to go through puberty, making them more dangerous when they are babies. I have to go to lunch. I will tell you the whole story afterwards.



© 2012 Galaxy Blythe


Author's Note

Galaxy Blythe
A/N I may post more than one chapter every Saturday. Feel free to ask questions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on August 26, 2012
Last Updated on September 13, 2012


Author

Galaxy Blythe
Galaxy Blythe

Denver, CO



About
Welcome to my profile. My name is Megan but I like to be called Galaxy, and I will read anything that somebody recommends. I will accept all friend requests but don't ask me any personal question.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Galaxy Blythe