Electrocuted: Chapter 2- Open House

Electrocuted: Chapter 2- Open House

A Chapter by Galaxy Blythe

 
      

When we got into the school we were greeted by the principal. If I remembered correctly, her name was Mrs. Blythe. She directed us to the gym where everyone was starting first. After everyone was present, the principal started talking.

"Welcome everyone to Brisdon Middle School's open house. Each of you will be given a map of the school to guide you and a list telling you where to go first. Your child will show you around the school using the map. After everybody is done with the tour, come back here so you may meet our teachers and fellow students." Mrs. Blythe explained. Everyone started to exit, grabbing a map and a list on the way out.

The first classroom on our list was the science room, which was also the art room for the older kids if they didn't want to do band. It was a large room with about 10 tables spread out in the room.

The next room was Mrs. Cabela's class. It was a tiny room with a smart board in the front. There was an old fashioned sink in the front corner of the room. A green shelf ran along the right side of the room.

As we made our way to the next stop on the list, Mrs. Fraass’s room, we spotted my new locker. It was by Allie’s locker, the most stuck-up b***h in school. Great, this is going to be a good school year. Take note of my sarcasm. I tried not to talk to her, but it’s kind of hard to not comment on her bitchiness.

When we got to Mrs. Fraass’s room, there were chocolate chip cookies waiting for us on the nearest desk. There were some 8th graders helping out with the introductions, but they weren’t exactly doing what I call helping. The room itself was probably the biggest classroom next to the science room. Like all the rooms, it had a large smart board up front. The desks were neatly in rows of six. In the back was a cupboard that held all of the reading drawers.

That was the last one on the list. Time to report back to the gym to meet all of the teachers and kids that I already knew.

In the gym most of the people in my class had already gathered. The “popular” group had already started jabbering in the corner. I spent the rest of the time waiting for everybody else to come. While I waited, I talked to Quintin, A really short and skinny guy in my class. He isn’t part of the “popular” group so I talk to him all of the time. Then everyone started filing in. Pierce, Dillon, Payje, Joey, Chloe, and Starla all came in at once.

Starla was my best friend since about 2nd grade so she immediately found me and started saying something about her parents not letting her on the computer.

“Why aren’t you listening!?” said Starla.

“Well, I don’t think it’s fair that you get grounded for one day in like two years and when I get grounded, it’s for a week.” I replied.

“Touché” she answered

After our little rendezvous, we wandered around, eavesdropping on people’s conversations. Usually, their words mean absolutely nothing to us, but it is always nice to know who else hates the “popular” group. Mrs. Blythe then came in and herded us all onto the bleachers.

“Now that all of you have finished your tours, I can begin introducing the teachers.” starts Mrs. Blythe. “First, we have a new choir teacher. Mrs. Keitfors will be taking place of Miss Kramer this year.” I’m glad we got rid of that b***h. “Next we have Mr. Perez. He will be teaching 7th grade keyboarding and 7th grade Spanish.” Yes! I have wanted to learn Spanish since I was like six. “Those two are the only new students this year. For the teachers that most of you know, we have Mrs. Snell, the secretary, Mrs. Fraass, the language teacher, Mr. Wilbur, obviously your guys’ favorite teacher, the music teacher, Mr. Michleman , the volleyball coach, and Mr. Westover, the football coach. Please treat all your teachers and your peers with respect. I would hate to see you in my office.” She finishes.

Now that she is finally done, I can talk to all my friends. So all of my friends started gathering around. Chloe came first. She isn’t popular because she is loud and annoying. Then Savannah came. She isn’t popular because she is Chloe’s best friend. Juli came with Joey. Juli is popular, but she is one of the people I admire because she chooses not to hang out with them. Joey isn’t popular because she follows everyone around and copies them. Quintin came back with Cody. Cody was fat and annoying. So, what if they were annoying? If you got to know them, than they aren’t that bad. I decided to stare at people from the “popular” group because I was bored with our conversation. I found that people get really creeped out when I stare at them. Pierce was the first to look at me. I immediately looked away. I have had a crush on Pierce this year. I don’t know what triggered it, but it annoys the hell out of me. I think Pierce likes me too. I have heard from Juli that he likes me, but he hasn’t asked me out yet. Then Pierce turned to Dillon and started talking to him like he always does when he catches me staring. Then they both stared at me. Dillon was the most popular in my class. He has dated every girl in the popular group. Willow is friends with his mom so I have to hang out with him sometimes. He is okay without his friends but I still get embarrassed around him, because I don’t know what he is thinking. After all, I’m not a Mind Reader.

Then Allie stared at me. She is nice to me, but I still can’t stand to be around her. Since I had looked away from Pierce, I wasn’t staring creepily. I was staring more like I was trying to figure out how to get my way out of this without being tortured the rest of the year. Payje looked over. She was Allie’s right-side b***h. When Payje isn’t at school, she is the nicest person I have ever met. She is even nicer than Samantha used to be. Now that Samantha is in the “popular” group, she is slowly turning into a b***h. Same with an eighth grader called Jaden. Madison was Payje’s friend. She is nice but, I don’t really like her. Then there was Logan. He was annoying and I have no idea why he was included.

I turned back to my friends. They were all staring at me like I was crazy.

“What? Do you want to start a feud this early in the year?” Starla asked.

“Well if I creeped them out I wouldn’t have started a feud, but noooo. Pierce had to go and stare at me.” I complained. We went on talking about what we did over the summer. After thirty minutes of this, it was time to go home. I said bye to everybody.

Willow and I walked out to her Prius. We stopped at Dairy Queen on the way back. I got my favorite Blizzard, chocolate, and ate it. Of course, out of all people Payje had to walk in.

She wasn’t tall, and she wasn’t short. She had dirty blonde hair, and she had black make-up around her eyes. She had a pretty face that most people would die for. She had a small nose and a round head. Right next to her, like a lost puppy came Allie. They ordered something and then sat down at the table next to ours. Allie had muscles. They bulged out of her arms. You wouldn’t want to make her mad. If she hits you, than you will have a huge bruise for a month. She had light brown hair that went down past her shoulders. She was tall and had a square face. She had pretty gold make-up.

Madison wasn’t here for some reason. When Payje and Allie were fighting last year, Madison went everywhere with Payje. Payje and Allie were fighting over both Madison and Samantha. Madison had a smallish face and dark freckles. She had brownish hair that she died blonde. Sami had beautiful brunette curly hair. She had freckles. She had a round face and a small nose. She used to be one of the nicest people in the world, but now she is almost as bitchy as Allie. She also used to be Starla’s and my best friend. Allie stole her when Allie and Payje were fighting.

Willow and I finished up our blizzard and then we jumped into her Prius and left.



© 2012 Galaxy Blythe


Author's Note

Galaxy Blythe
Disclaimer: My best friend helped me write this chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on September 15, 2012
Last Updated on September 24, 2012


Author

Galaxy Blythe
Galaxy Blythe

Denver, CO



About
Welcome to my profile. My name is Megan but I like to be called Galaxy, and I will read anything that somebody recommends. I will accept all friend requests but don't ask me any personal question.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Galaxy Blythe