Part One: The Big Fat Mess

Part One: The Big Fat Mess

A Chapter by THE [ME]GEAN

       "Fives."

            The words spat from Spencer's mouth as if sinful to be upon his tongue. Brenden reached for his cards and scanned the numbers. Spencer stared at him hard as if trying to find a flaw in his creation. He could see Brenden's nostrils flare in annoyance and the bead of sweat that trickled down his temple. Slowly the drummer took a sip of his soda and wiped the limeish sugary liquid from his upper lip. Brenden smirked as he began to open his mouth in reply. The two second time waited as too long for Spencer. Everyone could feel the tension in the air. This would be the final word. Do or die. One wrong move and Spencer might go over the edge and it wasn't going to be pretty....

            "Go-...FISH!"

            BAM!

            "You liar!" Spencer threw his cards up in the air.

            "What?!" Brenden furrowed his brows and slapped his cards on the table.

            "You have a five of diamonds!" Spencer stood up in a threatening gesture.

            "And how would you know?" The lead singer matched his bluff.

            "Because you only have ten cards and I have the rest!" He gritted his teeth.

            "You calling me a cheat?" Brenden’s eyes narrowed.

            "Yes!" Spencer laughed triumphantly.

            WACK!

            Suddenly Brenden lunged at his friend. This started in a no-rule wrestling match between the two boys. Teeth were grinding against skin, punches were being thrown, spit was flying, nails were digging, solid objects were breaking! The boys were into it so deep that it seemed nothing would stop them. Until...

            "Hey!"

            "What?!" The screamed in unison as they stopped in mid fight.

            "Could you guys keep it... er... clean? I just sort of picked up that area."

            "Okay..." They sighed and sat back.

            I had been on the tour bus of Panic! for no longer than a week and they had already made me feel comfortable and like one of the family. The sad part of being the only girl though, you have to deal with messy boys.

            "Thanks guys."

            "No problem..."

            I had been cleaning that bus all day and it still wasn’t done. And let me tell you, trying to clean while the bus is on the road isn’t the easiest thing to do. I felt like I was on one of my moms old psudo ninja balance tests! Never- the less I got it done and kept my promise. It was after all a deal...

 

            A proposition..." Brenden smirked.

            What kind of proposition?" I asked a little confused.

            “We want you to come on tour with us." He leaned back.

            "You what?" I sat forward.

            "Well... We kind of like you and think it'd be nice to have you around." Spencer smiled.

            "And since you have no one to stay with it might be a good idea-" Travis jerked.

            "Toph staph wih ush." Will finished through a full mouth.

            "But..." I sat back, leaning on Ryan's arm. "What's in it for you?"

            "Your company, of course." Ryan smiled warmly.

            “That can't be it. That's just not fair to you guys." I sunk lower in my seat.

            "Well... then just stay?" Brenden leaned in.

            "How about..." I thought for a moment, but then something came to me. "How about you guys let me stay and in return I'll help out with the tour and equipment, and I'll keep the tour buses- all of them- clean!" I smiled.

            "Are you sure?" Brenden raised an eyebrow.

            "I want take no for an answer!" I nodded.

 

            "I wont take no for an answer..." I sighed as I scrubbed around the disgusting toilet seat. "What was I thinking?"

            "Why are you talking to yourself?" I slowly turned around to see a familiar, and yet somewhat unfamiliar face.

            "Oh, nothing." I smiled and stood up from my crouching position on the floor. I slowly wiped my hands with the rag on the counter and smiled. "I haven't seen you around."

            "Yeah, I've been visiting some friends." He smiled and held up his coffee up casually. "My names Jon by the way."

            I hadn't recognized him before he said his name. He was the man who replaced Brent's bass with his own slurred base. He stood tall and handsome with a scruffy beard and knowing eyes. The smirk he showed as he raised the coffee mug to his lips just made you want to smile and bat your eye lashes back. He was nothing seriously special, but he wasn't the worst either, and that's what got him by on this tour. His generic charm kept him running with the other rocker boys, and his intelligence got him by on just about everything else. Jon Walker was his name and going unnoticed seemed to be his game. Key word: Seemed

            "Mia." I smiled. "I would shake your hand, but I don't want to get you dirty."

            "Yeah- well." He smirked. "I'm a dirty boy."

            I laughed.

            "Anyways, I've heard about you from the guys." He took a sip of his coffee.

            "Oh?" I bent down and grabbed a sponge.

            "Yeah... I'm sorry about your mother." He frowned seriously.

            "Oh..." I began scrubbing the sink viciously. "Yeah... It's alright..."

            "I know what its like to lose someone close to you." He sighed sadly. "If you ever need anyone-"

            "I'll call." I smiled and turned to him. "But for now I have cleaning to do."

            He nodded and left me to my scrubbing. No words asked. Just the way I liked it! Now, for that bathroom...

 

            "I met Mia." Jon leaned casually on the bus' wall and looked at the back of Ryan's head.

            Ryan was sitting on what was once Mia's bed doodling in a note book thoughtfully. While Brenden and Spencer munched out on cheetoe's and played video games on two portable Nintendos.

            "Oh?" Ryan didn't look up.

            "I can see why you guys are all in love with her." Jon smirked. "Or more so- why Brenden's in love with her."

            "Dude, shut up!" Brenden threw a cheetoe at him.

            "Pick that up!" Spencer jumped and ran towards the cheetoe that was now on the ground.

            "Why?" Brenden furrowed his brows.

            "Cause Mia just cleaned!" Spencer savored the cheetoe.

            "That's what I'm talking about." Jon nodded. "You're in love with her."

            "Shut up!" Brenden threw two cheetoes at Jon.

            "Cheetoes!! She’ll freak!!!" Spencer threw them in the trash and began cleaning the crumbs.

            "Jesus, you're both obsessed with her!" Jon laughed.

            "Gosh! How many times do I have to tell you to shut up, Jon!" This time Brenden threw three cheetoes at him.

            "How many times are you going to throw cheetoes at him like a child before realizing your true feelings?" Ryan smirked at Brenden.

            There was a moment of silence as Brenden threw a death glare at Ryan. The skinny writer seemed too easy a target, yet even though his body frail and easy to break his wit made a clear sturdy wall against everything else. Suddenly Brenden threw the whole bag of Cheetoes at Ryan. They flew all over the place, and the already frantic Spencer almost had a mental break down. Everyone stood in shock at what had happened before-

            "Haph...ha-he-....hehehhehehahhahahahahaahmwahahaha!!! BWAHAHAAHA!" Jon burst out into tearfully maniacal laughter, and Ryan joined in.

            "What are you guys laughing about?" An exasperated Brenden stood up.

            "Hahahaha- you- and- hahaha- chee- hahahahmwaha- toe ahaha- bawhwhaha!" They couldn't even get the words out.

            "I'm through with this." Brenden got up and walked into the bunker room.

            He passed by the giggling two and the now bawling Spencer.

            "Whyyy!!!! Brenden! WHYYY!!! She just cleaned!!!" Spencer began picking up the cheetoes and licking his own tears. "Sh-she didn't do anything to you!"

 

            "Done!" I smiled as I put the broom away. I had cleaned the bathroom, the bunker room, the sitting area, the cooking area, the front, the back, and the- "What happened?!?!"

            "I-I tried to stop him!" Spencer cried. "B-But he wouldn't listen."

            I looked at the Cheetoe'd mess and my face turned red with anger- then shock at the laughing men- and then- out of the ridiculousness of it all- a small laugh of my own. Spencer sat on his knees practically picking the cheetoes up with his tongue and bawling like a baby.

            "Spencer! It's okay." I kneeled by him. "I'm not mad."

            "What?" He stopped crying and turned to me.

            I giggled. "I'm not mad. It's fine." I then leaned in and wiped a tear from his eyes. "It's okay. Let's just clean it up."

            "O-Okay." He blushed and began picking up the cheetoes more calmly now.

            I slowly looked up at Jon and Ryan before turning back to the cheesy mess. Jon seemed bored, but Ryan had an unreadable expression on his face. I did see his fist clenched into a tight ball. I furrowed my brows in worry as Ryan turned away and sat back down on his chair to write.

            "You're not going to help?" I asked as I picked up the mess with Spencer.

            "No need. You guys have it covered." He shrugged.

            'How rude!' I frowned and began cleaning a little faster and a little harder. What he said had caught me off guard. I know rocker guys are suppose to be the rudest and maybe even the most frivolously annoying boys on earth, but jebus! What ever happened to class?

            "Done, Mia." Spencer smiled.

            I turned to look at the now cleaned room and then smiled back. "Thanks Spencer."

            "What now?" He looked at me expectantly.

            "What now? What now?" I tried to think of something to do, but the lack of physical energy was hindering my mental performance. "Umm..."

            "Why don't you go sleep, Mia?" I looked up to spot a smiling Jon. "You can rest on my bunk; it’s the one with the black comforter on it. I’ll entertain Spencer."

            "O-Okay." I nodded. "Thank you."

            "Night." Spencer joked and sat back on one of the seats.

            "Night." I laughed and stood up.

            I slowly walked down the hall and into the bunker room. I didn’t know cleaning could take so much out of you. My whole body ached and I knew this pain wouldn’t be the last I'd feel. Tomorrow was one of their shows and I promised to help with the moving of the equipment and everything. Even though I hurt I wasn’t going to give up though. I'm a Rosen- and Rosen's don't give up!

            "Hey."

            I looked up and met Brenden's eyes. He was laying on his bunk scribbling on a piece of paper. His back was to the wall and as he lay on his side he faced me. He had his legs planted on the bed, one across the other. He seemed in such an awkward position it was almost natural.

            "Hey." I smiled. "Jon said I could use his bunk and take a nap."

            "Jon's bunk?" Brenden raised an eyebrow. "I wouldn't do that. Use Ryan’s. Less action."

            I laughed and nodded. "O-Okay, but wont Ryan get mad?"

            "Nah, he'll be cool." Brenden nodded.

            "Okay." I smiled and turned to my suitcase. I propped it up on one of the beds and began rummaging through it. As I usually did when I looked through my cloths I began talking to myself. Mostly out of the frustration of the state I packed my belongings in. "Socks... shirts... skirts... t-shirts..."

            "Thongs."

            I turned to meet a small red thong- correction- my small red thong that was hanging off the most perfect finger. And can you guess who that finger belonged to? Yes, it was none other than Brenden Urie, the boy I had been talking to not a few moments before. And can you guess what he did? Just guess... No, I guess you couldn’t because what he did even surprised me.

            He suddenly bit the edge of the thong and smirked. "Sexy." He said through a mouth full of fabric. My jaw instantly dropped. I didn’t know whether to feel embarrassed or out raged or- or shameful?! "I'd like to see it someday." He turned to leave as he handed it back to me. "On you of course."

            And with that Masseur Urie darted off down the bunker room and closed the door behind him leaving me gaping behind.

 

            “S**T!”

            Brenden ran into the bathroom and pressed his head against the mirror. He screamed in not so hushed tones that could be heard through the walls. And he knew it. For a moment all he could do was catch his breath and try to ease the sinking pit in his stomach, but nothing helped. The worst he could do was look in the mirror to catch the horror that lay before him. His hair was a mess, his eyes were sunken in, and his palms were sweaty. It wasn’t her, it wasn’t her. He told himself. It was what he said. With every other girl it’d be smooth, but with her?

            “Why did I just do that?” He looked himself right in the eyes. “IDIOT!”

 



© 2008 THE [ME]GEAN


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on March 27, 2008


Author

THE [ME]GEAN
THE [ME]GEAN

Fairview, OR



About
Hello, I�m Megean McBride. I�m a neo eccentric non-conformed semi-religious flapper with a slash of funkified backstage Betty punk who refuses to be labeled, set in stone, or.. more..

Writing