Chapter 5 - Rebellion

Chapter 5 - Rebellion

A Chapter by Kirsty Anne

Sitting in a circle, all 494 of us hold hands and look to the floor in prayer of our lost brother.  Some of us aren't religious, some of us didn't know Morris at all, yet we all come together to pray.
"Friend, brother, and teacher of many, Morris will never be forgotten.  He holds a place in our hearts, whether you loved him or loathed him.  Although this is a great tragedy for us, we must remember that God acts with reason.  God has taken him under his wing in Heaven, and we must respect His choice.  Morris, you will be dearly missed by us all.  Amen."
"Amen." We chorus, marking the beginning of the moment of silence.
The tears burn against my throat, and when Hamish nods to signal the end of the silence, my hand goes to my throat in agony.  My breathing is shaky, and inhaling becomes an almost impossible task.  Daphne is by my side, encouraging me to "stay calm" and "breathe slowly", but I can't help it.  She pries my hand away from my throat, giving me more space to breathe, and I focus all my energy into this one inhalation.  "Hey...you're doing good, Ros..."  She mumbles as I begin to breathe steadily again.  "I'm...I'm okay..."
"Yeah...you're going to be fine..."
Without warning, she picks me up like a baby and carries me back to my cell.  "You said you had an idea earlier.  Want to enlighten me?"
I bite my lip and grin.  "Yeah...I need that pole."
"Right..."
She lifts it up and hands it to me before helping me up.  "See the triple lock system on your door?  There are 2 auto-lock systems and a bolt lock on the front, right?"
"Yeah..."
"My bolt lock was broken before I arrived.  They always thought that the little kid wouldn't want to escape as much as the older person.  My plan is to break the auto-locks while the door is open.  Then the door will close, but won't lock."
"Oh...I see..."
I lift the pole and press the red button on the wall, which activates the auto-locks.  The metal spikes pop out of the wall as they would if the door was closed.  I raise the pole above my head before smashing it down on the locks.  They're dented, but not broken.
"Hey, let me try."
I hand Daphne the pole, and within a few seconds, the locks are broken.  Evidently, she is far stronger than I am.
"Okay...we need to tell the others."
"What?"
"Follow me."
I rush to Hamish and tell him about the locks, which he quickly tells to the group of people he gathers.
Every so often, I hear the word 'rebellion' or 'uprising' or 'payback' which is quickly met with cheers. 

Rebellion?
Payback for Morris' death?
Could we finally break free?


© 2014 Kirsty Anne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on October 13, 2014
Last Updated on October 13, 2014


Author

Kirsty Anne
Kirsty Anne

United Kingdom



About
Me - 14, Scottish, 5 ft 3, nose pierced, atheist, dancer, singer, violinist, guitarist, tattoo & piercing enthusiast. Games - TLoU, FNaF, Slender, Bioshock series, AC, etc. Music - Paramore, Ev.. more..

Writing
Tuesday 8th Tuesday 8th

A Chapter by Kirsty Anne


Wednesday 9th Wednesday 9th

A Chapter by Kirsty Anne


Thursday 10th Thursday 10th

A Chapter by Kirsty Anne