Chapter 6 - War (pt. 1)

Chapter 6 - War (pt. 1)

A Chapter by Kirsty Anne
"

This is the beginning of the rebellion...

"
I wake up to Daphne's touch.  "Hey...it's midnight..."
"Oh..."
I crawl away from the hole in the wall and help Daphne to sneak through.  With a great deal of wriggling and pushing, she makes it into my cell.  "Alright, ready to go?"
"Wait..."
I kneel down and sit back on my heels, pressing my hands together and closing my eyes.  "Father, if you are watching over us, please ensure our safety, and please forgive our sins.  We are good men and women, with good intentions, and we wish only for freedom from these demons.  Amen."

Daphne watches me as I pray, almost as if she was watching a wild animal.  Her eyes are wide, glowing with intrigue.  "Do you believe He's watching over us?"
"Yes."
"And He will protect us, even if some of us aren't religious?"
"Yes, He means well for all."
"So...if I killed someone tonight, and I'm an atheist, He will still forgive me?"
"Yes."

Daphne nods slowly, processing the information I've given her.
"Does he know why we're doing this?"
"Yes.  He's omnipotent...uh, he sees everything."
"But...if He's so forgiving, surely...he's forgiven the guards?"
"He has.  But they clearly have evil in their hearts, and that cannot be cured.  He understands what we have to do."
"Okay."
We slowly stand up and walk around, waiting for the pain in our legs to stop.  "You ready?"
"Yeah..."
I slowly push on the door, and to my relief, it swings open.  "I'll go right."
"Okay, I'll go left."
I smile and nod before turning left and approaching Hamish's door.  I unlock the bolt and press the red button, which disables the auto-locks. I pull it open and check he's awake.
He is.  He's holding a part of the bed frame and waving it around.  "Let's go."
I continue to move down the cells, letting out Mavis in 55, Q in 54, Steve in 53, Patty in 52, Damien in 51, Allan in 50 and so on until I get to Rhys in 1.
They start freeing the others, and soon we're all out of our cells, silently going to the guards' break room.
"Alright.  Altogether, there are 594 guards, all in bullet-proof armour.  We're going to need more of us."
"Uh...we could go downstairs and get more..."
"We don't know any of them..."
"They'll be on the same side as us, I'm sure of it.  There are 99 guards on each floor, approximately.  Me and Daphne will go downstairs to 3."

"I'll go with Patty to 2."
"We'll go to 1."
"I'll go with Hamish to 5."
"I'll go to 6, I know some people up there."
"Great, once we get everyone, we rendezvous here.  Each floor attacks their own guards."
"Done."

We branch off into groups, each going to different floors.
Floor 3 is silent.  Every cell is occupied by a starving, deformed person, either meditating, sleeping, or praying.
The layout of the cells is the same as upstairs, so I tiptoe around, unlocking each door and opening it slightly before whispering "the rebellion has begun" and moving on to the next.
Within a few minutes, the entire floor is packed with protesters.  I whisper the plan into the ear of fifteen people, who then pass it back to the others.  "The rebellion begins at 12:30."
Daphne and I then return to floor 4, where we wait for the others, with butterflies in our stomachs and hope in our hearts.


© 2014 Kirsty Anne


Author's Note

Kirsty Anne
Sorry if I get anything wrong regarding religion, I'm personally an atheist, and I don't know very much about it :o

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on October 14, 2014
Last Updated on October 14, 2014


Author

Kirsty Anne
Kirsty Anne

United Kingdom



About
Me - 14, Scottish, 5 ft 3, nose pierced, atheist, dancer, singer, violinist, guitarist, tattoo & piercing enthusiast. Games - TLoU, FNaF, Slender, Bioshock series, AC, etc. Music - Paramore, Ev.. more..

Writing
Tuesday 8th Tuesday 8th

A Chapter by Kirsty Anne


Wednesday 9th Wednesday 9th

A Chapter by Kirsty Anne


Thursday 10th Thursday 10th

A Chapter by Kirsty Anne