Chapter 1: The Unbelievable Task

Chapter 1: The Unbelievable Task

A Chapter by *Evelen*

Love… That’s the word our English teacher wanted us to describe.

            I stared at the chalkboard clicking on my pen, trying to come up with something to write about. Well before last year in 9th grade I would have wrote something that all teenage girls would write. How love is ‘beautiful’ and ‘amazing’. When someone was in love they only had eyes for ‘that person’.

            “Right…” I mumbled to myself while rolling my eyes. I leaned back in my chair and blew my bangs from my right eye. Love is something fake. It’s an illusion that all girls fall for because they want it to be true. I should know best…

            “Ow…” I whispered as I rubbed at the back of my head. I turned slowly around to find out who threw, whatever it was, at me. Zak, a ladies’ man, smiled his perfect white teeth and gave me a wave. My eyes turned to slits and my body snapped back to the chalkboard.  

            Zak, he always played with girls’ hearts not to find a ‘girlfriend’, but just to see how many girls he could get to fall for him… and when a girl finds out what he’s doing, and tries to stay away from him he gets possessive over her. He always wanted what he couldn’t have. I should know best…

            I bit my bottom lip hard and stared at the word Love. Love? What did it mean to me? I sat up in my chair, laid down my pen on my paper, and just wrote a stupid poem to get it over with.

            One day he gave me a flower.

I loved it every day.

Gave it water and light

Hoping that it would stay a live

One day I came up to him

Rushing, but stopped right in my tracks

I stared at him in confusion

As I saw her in his arms

That night I stared at my flower

Dying to give it water, and light

But I no longer have any more love

To give to my poor flower

 

And that’s when I found out that love was fake.

 

 

I silently laughed at what I had written. It was stupid and pathetic. I placed my pen back down on my desk and leaned back in my chair. Usually I would write pages full of words on any topic, but this topic wasn’t worth the wasted ink.

Mrs. Sarya froze in front of my desk. My eyes slowly wondered to her face.

“Already done Miss Isabella?” she asked with a smile, while snatching my paper from my desk. She glanced at my page and quickly looked back at me with her smile gone. “Not even half a page?” she asked rather shocked.

She pressed her glasses farther up her nose. Even though Mrs. Sarya wasn’t at all old, it always reminded me of my gran gran when she did it. Mrs. Sarya’s golden yellow eyes flew a crossed my paper in less than a minute. She put it back on my desk with her eyes glued to my face in confusion. Her eyes pierced hard over my features trying to read them like a book, but I was no book.

“I didn’t want to waste my ink on this topic.” I explained my lack of words on my paper. I blew my bangs from my right eye and stared back at her, trying to read her as well.

Her lips pressed into a tight thin straight line, and her eyes narrowed down on me. “Well… Isabell.” She laughed softly in annoyance, as if trying to find out what she was going to say next.

Hmm… Isabell? That’s new she’s never called me that. I watched as she kept pressing her glasses back towards her eyes, and opening her mouth but closing it before saying anything.

“Mrs. Sarya?” I called out her name in confusion at her behavior to my statement and also a bit worried. I sat up in my desk and started to lean closer towards her.

She looked up at me and smiled. Yet I slowly leaned back in my chair with a frown. It wasn’t a friendly smile or praising like I was used to. It was a matter-of-fact or fake smile. My eyebrows sunk close to my eyes.

“If it’s such a waste Bella…” She started to talk, but I was too distracted by how said my name. Bella? It’s always been Miss Isabella and never with that tone. She talked to me as if I had said something terribly wrong.

“You can do that, can’t you Bella.” Mrs. Sarya snapped.

I looked around bewildered. I didn’t hear what she wanted me to do. “What do you want me to do again?” I questioned her, while snapping my body up right in my desk.

Her face turned red, and her hand fumbled to her glasses, pushing them sloppily towards her eyes. “I want you to write a love story and make enough copies for the class.” She repeated herself through clutched teeth.

I sighed and rolled my eyes at the task I was assigned. “When do you want it to be done by?” I muttered in disappointment.

“By the end of the second semester, and I want it to be a book.” She answered me with a little bit of pleasure filling her features.

A big gush of air left my lungs. This gets better and better. I have to write a mushy gushy love story. I leaned my head on my hand propping it above the desk in disgust at my topic.

RIIIINNNG!!!!

“Class dismissed!” Mrs. Sarya released us with a pleased smile.

I got up from my desk and picked up my notebook and pen.

“O and Isabella.” I heard Mrs. Sarya chime my name.

I turned around and stared her in the eyes. They were glowing with enjoyment.

“Don’t disappoint me.” She warned me with a violent smile.



© 2010 *Evelen*


Author's Note

*Evelen*
I'm sorry about the grammar lol I've never been good at it. It's kinda slow at the beginning. This chapter is only showing you Isabellas personality and how much she distastes love. Hope you like.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on August 14, 2010
Last Updated on August 14, 2010


Author

*Evelen*
*Evelen*

In my own little world



About
Well I just turned 17! Yays so I thought to update I suppose. My writing usually in some way reflects on what I'm going through or went through. Even if fiction it has something in it that I have lear.. more..

Writing
survive survive

A Book by *Evelen*