My Arrival

My Arrival

A Chapter by melril18

I can't believe these are the amazing people God gave me to share my life with. The tears come rushing back but I blink and the disappear. I go around the room of smiling faces passing out the obligatory hugs. Chad looks at me with questioning suspicion in his eyes. He knows me so well. I smile and nod to show I'm alright. Slipping my shoes off, I grab a pillow and flop down on the couch. I can't stop smiling. This is home. Roy, Andrew, and I take our usual 10 minutes to compare high school football scores for the week. We're Okies, we can't get enough. I glance up at the wall and just like I knew it would, it takes my breath away. Under Zephaniah 3:17 is our collection of crosses. I could sit and watch that wall forever. Crosses intrigue me. I wear three around my neck, always. For me, it symbolizes the Trinity. God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. One of my necklaces is an upside down cross, the way Peter was crucified. That's the one I got with Samuel in Seattle last summer. 


© 2012 melril18


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on November 8, 2011
Last Updated on June 13, 2012


Author

melril18
melril18

OK



About
I've been told I'm very charismatic. I love God, music, dance, and people. Words fascinate me. I love life and try to make the most of it. And that's me. more..

Writing