Ms. Ghetto Save A Child

Ms. Ghetto Save A Child

A Poem by Dunlack

Pull out the corn, don't forget the canned beans.

 Poor little child, was mothered by a crack feign.

 So you know what that means? Her stomach stays growling.

Her shoes extra dirty and her hair could use styling.

 

 "Ms. Ghetto Save Em", come get this baby please.

 I hate to see her later on taken by disease. Where's poppa?

 Though he know her not. He popped momma "I thought she had her tubes tide".

 

Societies ejection, hood depression...Looks like Satan has another first round selection. Let's face it, the streets is her home. It washes her clothes and gives her a place to roam. No swing sets, no toy jets, just abuse and batter...Did I mention rough sex?

 

 She's older now, "Ms. Ghetto" you did your thing. You showed her how to drink and prostitute until she's drained. In unfamiliar places, seeing unfamiliar faces, forces her to run through life at unfamiliar paces...

 

It's sad but true, a bad life she knew, her skies were always gray, but never once turned blue. Oh well, some people are just destined to fail. Did I tell you "Ms. Ghetto" raised her momma? Her name was Jazzy Belle.

© 2013 Dunlack


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, I really love this. Even though it's definitely sad, it's almost like I'm somewhat desensitized from the topic. I grew up right outside of Camden as a kid in an area that was little more desired than right next door. I've lived in Point Breeze, one of the worst ghettos in Philly and now I live in a South Philly neighborhood where it borders on the edge of ghetto. I see this every damn day in the city and it's so depressing. I've just kind of come to accept that some people get wrapped up in it (and trust me, I've lost a lot of good friends to the ghetto... including my best friend since childhood to herioin) because the few that really get away from it, and try to live their lives straight as they know how, they appreciate it. And whenever I'm feeling down about myself I'm just glad that I got out of the lifestyle and I could be a lot worse off. Although the ratio of happy endings is slightly unfair, we gotta be happy that not everyone will let Ms. Ghetto suck them in. A really good poem. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


WOW.....this is awesome Sir E...Sad but awesome...I like the structure and the message....sad but true..

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a blistering portrait of life I've seen only through the lens of Spike Lee.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2011
Last Updated on March 27, 2013

Author

Dunlack
Dunlack

Chicago, IL



About
I'm a young writer from the city of Charlotte, NC with the ambitions of being known world wide for my work. I'm a Graduate of Gardner-Webb University, and will be furthering my education at DePaul Uni.. more..

Writing
New Amsterdam New Amsterdam

A Story by Dunlack



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..