A night with a millionaire

A night with a millionaire

A Chapter by Missy
"

The conclusion to Mariah's night with the sexy businessman

"

"I'm a teller at a bank." His eyes give me no clue to his thoughts so I add more. "I attend classes. Next year I'll have a bachelor's in counseling." I'm getting the feeling he's not impressed at all. "It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do. I changed my major often." I need to stop talking. I don't know why I feel the need to justify myself to him.

            "Good, we need good counselors out there who are committed to making a difference."

            I wasn't expecting a good response. I take another gulp of champagne. Slowly, I felt more comfortable. "Your turn," I say. "What do you do?"

            He takes a small sip from his cup. "Well, let's see, I graduated summa cum laude from Princeton. I started my own business at eighteen by twenty one I had several people trying to buy me out. At age twenty-five I owned all those companies. At age twenty-seven I made ten million. Currently I have over a hundred companies with thousands of employees and I have a few hundred million in the bank."

            Did he just say that to me? I don't know how to respond so I just gulp down my remaining alcohol. I ignore the money part because that would be rude to discuss. I decide to ask about Mark since he didn't mention him.

            "I thought you and Mark were in business together."

            "We are, he's like my second in command."

            "What exactly is your business?"

            "Everything, I handle imports and exports. I buy companies to revive or rip apart. I have a hand in advertising. I partner with certain store chains. There are many products I control. I told you I have a hundred companies."

            "How in the world do you handle all that?" I laugh surely he's making this up.

            "Easy, there is a hierarchy. I am at the top underneath me is the board of directors each responsible for one of the items I mentioned before. Below them I have Mark and below Mark is another board. All those below me have a checks and balances system. I go over everything and I make all final decisions."

            "Sounds exhausting," I mutter in disbelief.

            "Some days," he sounds exasperated. He gets up and disappears in his room. he comes back out with a  blanket. "You can have the bed, but I'm ready to crash."

            "I don't mind the couch. I'm already an inconvenience to you."

            "Don't make me an a*****e," he joked. He plopped on the couch.

            I took my leave and made my way into the bedroom. I was shocked by how huge the bed was. I took off my shoes and quickly got under the covers. I twisted and turned for an hour before I closed my eyes. I had him on my mind as I slept. He came alive in my dreams, taunting me with his sexuality. I felt ashamed to wish he lied next to me.



© 2012 Missy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on September 1, 2012
Last Updated on September 1, 2012
Tags: romance, fiction


Author

Missy
Missy

Lansing, MI



About
I want to be a writer. I write all day, everyday in case I'm working. more..

Writing
Ch. 1 Pretenses Ch. 1 Pretenses

A Chapter by Missy


A tortured soul A tortured soul

A Chapter by Missy