To turn a Blind Eye

To turn a Blind Eye

A Chapter by Missy
"

Pt. One. This date is the aftermath of the events of yesterday.

"

June 9, 2012

 

            I awoke to a strange bed and yesterday fill my thoughts. I have the worst feeling in my stomach. I am somewhere in the middle of nausea and vomiting. I get out of the bed and slide my socks and shoes on. I check the time and it's about ten in the morning. I try to tip toe across the hall into the bathroom. Once inside I pause to marvel at the size the pure white bathroom is spacious and gorgeous. I check my cell to see if Sara has called. She hasn't so I dial her phone.

            "I'll be there soon," she answers before I speak.

            "Okay just making sure you're okay."

            "I'll call you in an hour," she says.

            "All right, bye."

            Her phone hangs up. I wonder if she's okay. She didn't sound too happy. I turn the shower on and get inside. Once I'm done I try to make myself somewhat presentable wearing my old clothes. Luckily there's mouthwash so I don't have to see Him in my morning breath. I step out eh bathroom to find Him sitting at a table with breakfast.

            "Good morning, you were peaceful I didn't want to disturb you. I ordered a few things. I hope you're not a vegetarian."

            "Uh no," I replied

            I finally realize that he's dressed in new clothes. He's actually in a light blue button down shirt with dark blue creased pants. I can see a suit jack and tie lying over one of the chairs. I make my way to an empty chair and sit down. He takes to the tops off the food and my mouth waters. There are pancakes, eggs, sausages, and biscuits with orange juice.

            Ian makes my plate before his own. I'm surprised by how much of a gentleman he actually is. We ate and made small talk about the weather. He puts on his tie and jacket to walk me down stairs. Sara class as soon as we leave the suite. She's here and waiting at the entrance to the casino. We exit the elevator and walk side by side down the hall. As much as I try I can't stop myself from glancing at him in navy pin striped suit.

            "Is there something on your mind?"

            "Hm, me, no," i mumble because I'm busted.

            "Okay, well, I must say you were a joy last night."
            "What," I ask astounded.

            "I'm used to women doing everything they can to get in my bed. I gave you my bed and you did everything to make sure I didn't accompany it."

            I giggle. "I'm sure those women weren't married."

            "Actually a few of them were."

            I raise an eyebrow.

            This time he smirks. "Them money, Mariah, women see it as their way out of their situation."

            "You know I resent the fact that men assume a woman's a gold digger because she might need help once in her life. A woman should only be a gold digger if she assumes no responsibility and only relies on you and complains when you don't give it up. Furthermore, not all women have money at all points in their life, an independent woman is first a struggling college student trying to make ends meet."

            "I don't recall referring to anyone as a gold digger."

            "Oh well for future reference then."

            He smirks once more.

            I stare straight ahead and Sara and Mark are standing there. Sara doesn't look too happy. I begin to walk over to her forgetting all about Ian. I approach her and she dodges eye contact. I want to know what's up, but I don't wan to ask in front of Mark. Sara sees me and begins to head for the door. I follow, but then stop for one last look at Ian, the sexiest man, who I'd ever meet face to face.

            "It was a pleasure to meet you, Mariah." My name sounds so mouthwatering for the first time.

            "Goodbye, Ian." I know that after today I will never see him again. I wish I was at home so I could curl up and cry.

            Anyway, I put my school yard childish feelings aside to brace for Sara's crisis. I had to power walk to reach her at her vehicle. She unlocks the doors and as soon as were in I take her whole persona in.

            Sara's hair is in a ponytail. She still looks pretty with a yellow sundress and heels. Her eyes are kind of red and puffy as if she's been crying.

            "What happened?" It is not a question, but a demand.

            Sara caves easily. I notice her eyes get teary. "I'm an idiot."

            "No, you're not. Start from the beginning," I say.

            Sara tells me how her and Mark hit it off from the club. I already knew this part. She tells me about their hook up last night. I figured that part since I stayed the night with Ian.

            "This morning I try to pick our conversation from yesterday. he acted like he didn't recall talking to me. You know what he said he was looking for a friendly f**k." and with that she pulled out the parking spot.

            "I'm sorry," I reply only because what else can I say. I could attack, but I can't judge if she still likes him.

            'I should've listened to you," she says while were driving down the road to get to the highway.



© 2012 Missy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on September 21, 2012
Last Updated on September 21, 2012
Tags: mature, romance, betrayal


Author

Missy
Missy

Lansing, MI



About
I want to be a writer. I write all day, everyday in case I'm working. more..

Writing
Ch. 1 Pretenses Ch. 1 Pretenses

A Chapter by Missy


A tortured soul A tortured soul

A Chapter by Missy