Identity

Identity

A Chapter by Missy
"

Dominic feels homesick, until he's finally told who he truly is.

"

            It had been days since he left his home town and the girl that he loved. He missed her more than he missed anything else in the world. Alex Wolfe still had told him nothing of his parents. They passed through towns and many times he would see a nice gentlement thinking it was his father and neither time it was. Now he was heading to Asyanara the home of the King Maric. It was the biggest and richest town in the world. He’d always wanted to visit. He hoped his father lived here.

            He watched as the huge massive stone gate raised from the ground. He could seet the stone wall stretching as far as his eyes could see. The carriage began rolling inside. He kept switching from left to right in his seat checking out the views. From his left he could see the numerous roads that stretched out far. He could see the villagers homes and all looked in mint condition. The villagers themselves that he could see appeared happy. The view on his left looked like merchant shops he could hear the many sellers shouting out products and prices. Further on down the road it seemed like a mix of what he’d just seen there wasn’t any particular pattern which just confused him. He just sat back until he passed the area. He glimpsed his head out again and saw a winding road. He tried to stretch his eyes even further and it was an endless field. There were some houses and farms on the path as the carriage went further. When he got to the inner circle he could finally see the end of the path led to a huge castle.

            When the carriage finally pulled up the castle Dominic didn’t know what to think. He watched Alex get out and then gesture for him too. Dominic climbed out unsure of what to think. The castle ground was massive. It seemed like an entire mini town and he thought it was because the outskirts of the castle had many houses. He turned around and could see the giant blankets of emerald green grass. He saw the place had a barn filled with horses roaming a fenced in yard. There were many carriages lined up by the road definitely better than the one he just rode in he was sure of it. The castle looked huge. He couldn’t get a very good glimpse of it once he saw Alex was entering the doors. All he could see was that it was a tall stone structure filled with many windows and floors. He walked through the doors of the castle and stopped.

            “Does my father work here?” He asked Alex who was already attempting to walk down a hallway.

            “Yes your father has been here since he was born.” Alex said very coyly.

            Great, Dominic thought. My father is a servant, but he’s a servant to the king. Dominic figured that is how he must’ve paid for his transportation. He followed Alex down the hallway. He wondered if Alex brought him here if he was going to become a servant. He hoped that wasn’t the case. He followed Alex down a few more hallways and wondered if they were heading to the servant quarters considering how long it was taking them to get there. Finally he saw Alex head toward two doors with soldiers at them. The soldiers glanced at Alex and opened the doors. Dominic followed him in.

            The room was a personal one he could see a big window with white drapes around it. He could see the walls were painted brightly and loud. It all screamed for attention he thought. He turned and his heart dropped. He saw a man around Alex’s age looking at him. The man looked familiar to him. He knew him immediately as his father. The man looked just like him tan skin, brown eyes, and short brown hair.

            “Dad”, Dominic said walking toward him.

            “Yes”, the man said. Dominic eyes became watery. He was overcome with emotions. He was a little confused though. His father wasn’t dressed like a servant. Although two soldiers were guarding him in this room making Dominic wonder if his father were a criminal.

            “Dad”, Dominic said running up to him and giving him a hug. Dominic didn’t know why he didn’t hate him anymore. He just was so glad that he was here. He held onto his father he hadn’t realized anyone else was in the room until he opened his eyes and saw her.

            She was extraordinarily beautiful. Her blond hair was all wrapped up in a bun. She wore a magnificent white and silver dress with jewels around her nick and hands. She looked like a million bucks. He could see her brown eyes were crying. “My baby boy”, she said while Dominic released himself from his father to hug her.

            This was his mother this was his family. He just held them both. The moment was only seconds, but felt like the world stopped just for them. Then suddenly a knock at the door snapped them out of it. A soldier emerged from the doorway “my lord there is a disturbance at Reed Way. How should we proceed?” Dominic didn’t understand why the man was looking at his father.

            “Take some men and dispurse it at once. Tell them they know the law and the law will be upheld if they refuse.” His fathers demeanor changed rather quickly from soft to hard and then soft again when he looked at Dominic.

            “Are you a lord?” Dominic asked confused he was sure his father was no longer a servant, but that was all he gathered.

            “I am called that sometimes.” He said looking toward Dominic with a smile. “Walk with me toward the window”, he said leading the way. “Do you see all the people down there?”

            Dominic was surprised that he could see nearly the entire village down to the gates he first entered on. Of course everyone appeared like a tiny dot, but he could see them all right. He nodded to his father.

            “One day they will call you a lord too.”

            “Me, why”, Dominic said still not understanding.

            “You’re my son. The son of a king.” His father said walking over to his wife. “You are Dominic Asyanara.”

            Dominic took a backed away from the window. He couldn’t believe that he was Dominic Asyanara. That would make him the son of King Maric and Queen Amilia he looked up at that. He looked toward Alex Wolfe who was standing near the door.

            “My most trusted lieutenant”, King Maric said. He walked over to Dominic who was not adjusting. “I know it will take time for you. In the meantime I am pretty sure your hungry.” He said leading him out the doors.



© 2012 Missy


Author's Note

Missy
I haven't written in this in awhile. Give me time to get more chapters to you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on September 1, 2012
Last Updated on September 1, 2012


Author

Missy
Missy

Lansing, MI



About
I want to be a writer. I write all day, everyday in case I'm working. more..

Writing
Ch. 1 Pretenses Ch. 1 Pretenses

A Chapter by Missy


A tortured soul A tortured soul

A Chapter by Missy