Chay

Chay

A Chapter by TransparentHearts

In the modern day world, towns are bordered by towering gates of metal, the fences became the beacon of modern society, both securing us and imprisoning us to our fate.

 

Each community for themselves-the members tightly bound to each other as a neo family in the new age of darkness. My real family I was robbed of, torn apart from, and was forced to learn to live or let life diminish in front of my small childish eyes. From a young age, I saw the world for what it was and I prayed that reality would invert and radically change. The triumphant darkness didn't possess the power to bring my family back- Mama and Pops- but the overshadowing darkness brought out an unforeseen change in me.

 

Truth be told, my flesh, my soul (if there was one), the electricity in my veins never felt so alive. Twelve years have passed since the death of my parents, and not a single day passes without some varying form of resentment, pain, or hate. Abandonment was in my upbringing.

 

The new world brought succulent and sweet revenge to the murderers of this world, and the new "gods" wrought judgement upon the guilty and the innocent, depending on their current tastebuds. After all, the innocent aren't really innocent; we all have our guilty pleasures.

 

"Corporal, we have a problem in sector five."

 

"I'll be right with you, Tungstein." Tungstein, a rookie in our building army insisted upon thinking every small problem would break out into a ravaging frenzy and lead our power into descent. His physical talent earned him his job in my unit, but his brains needed sharpening.

 

I sighed.

 

Sector five, the roughest place in the Septosectors, was the equivalent to the 'ghettos' of the old world. My unit spanned the Septosectors, cautiously monitoring activity of the civilians and finding strong candidates for recruits. Riots commonly erupted throughout the sectors, and in other corporal's jurisdictions. 

 

Rising, I strapped myself down with a VAR (Vampirirc Army Reign) issued automatic handheld weapon we like to call the "D 680".  The crafted design ensures the most blood loss from humans, and is mainly for maiming than killing.

 

The night air, damp from the early rainshower, surrounded me as I stood on the rooftop, reaching out and grabbing a flagpole attop the shingles. A loud group of mortals gathered in the streets, busting out windows, flying torches, and reeking of garlic. Damn garlic myth, it just makes human blood an inconvient stench. Oh well, it'll be a fun night, I thought to myself, cocking the D 680.

 

 



© 2010 TransparentHearts


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hm, it seems like it could be intresting! Can't wait to see wat happens next! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


REALLY REALLY WELL WRITTEN. It sounds intersting ^-^ I'll continue to read as long as you continue to write it, good luck!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 24, 2010
Last Updated on August 25, 2010


Author

TransparentHearts
TransparentHearts

About
Well...where to start. (The short version) I liiike weird crazy, not run-of-the-mill kind of stuff. Liike taking an armadillo on a rollar coaster. How fun would that be?!?! You could call me crazy. I .. more..

Writing