1 - that kid!

1 - that kid!

A Chapter by naghree

It was a good day for his quest, Viktor had a good feeling about it.

He had just found the fifth ingredient of his list and he was more or less halfway.


It had been a good idea to come to Therid city, after all. He still had some problem with all that people, but he found three ingredients in two days. A good average, considering he had to travel for one week just to find the first one. If he just could keep that average he could also be out of that town in few days.


He didn't like cities. Well, he didn't dislike them, he just didn't like people, and cities seemed to be full of them.

Viktor was an orc, he was raised in a small village southeast of Therid city, and he had mostly met orcs for his whole life, so he wasn't really used to non-orcs.


He got his list from the purse attached to his belt and marked as done the ingredient he just bought.

While he was marking, a kid bumped into him, and he almost made him drop his precious list.


He turned around, to get the kid, but he already disappeared.

Viktor had just enough time to see his dark grey skin and his white hair, he was a drow, Viktor thought.


He was still trying to learn all the non-orc ethnies, but it was quite difficult to him, mostly because all non-orcs looked the same to him. Drows anyway were easy to spot, they were not pink, at least.


He left aside his thoughts and took the purse to stash the list and the ingredient. At least he tried to, the purse was not there anymore...


"That kid!"


He was the only one who could have taken it, the other people seemed more like to avoid the orc, so it must have been the kid!

He tried to reach him, trying to pass through the crowd, but soon he arrived into a square, with too many alley going out. He tried asking to one of the merchants


"Bag your pardon, sir... have you seen..."


"I've arrived just now" the merchant answered bluntly


That merchant make him remember why he never liked humans... or at least he though he was a human. Useless humans! There was another merchant near, and she didn't looked like a human... at least she didn't seemed to had those ugly rounded ears, so maybe she was an elf, or something like that, the orc he tried again


"sorry if I bother you madam, have you..."


"Seen nothing" the woman didn't even let him end the phrase


Maybe she was a human after all...


"Crap..." Viktor gave up, and took a random alley, hoping it would lead him somewhere useful.



© 2015 naghree


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on April 10, 2015
Last Updated on April 24, 2015
Tags: kid, pickpocket, orc, elf, drow


Author

naghree
naghree

Italy



Writing