2 - that was bold!

2 - that was bold!

A Chapter by naghree

It had been a bad day for his work, Radian thought.
The dark elf kid was sitting on a bench, counting the coins he had pickpocket that day. The coins were few, not enough for what his boss asked as a daily loot.


But maybe... yes, there it is! A country dweller with a nice purse attached to his belt! Unfortunately it was an orc. Orcs are dangerous, if one of those things catches you, you've dead for sure. But Radian was fast, so he had a good chance. Normally he would have avoid something like an orc, but that day... any coin would have helped him not get beaten by Merthots, his boss...

He got up and cautiously approached the orc. Good, he was distracted by a piece of paper he was writing on.  The kid bumped into the orc, untied the belt and took the purse.


By the time the orc turned around he was already hidden by the crowd. That was bold, but he did it... almost... the orc found out a little too quickly. But Radian was faster than the him, and the knew the city, so he started running, alley by alley.


That the orc could never reach him.... unless something stop him, clearly.
Yeah, you got it, something stopped him... well, someone actually.

He just turned a corner and he crashed into a young woman. She was running as well, so they both fell into the ground, and the Radian dropped his purse... well, the orc purse... but he just stole it, so it was his purse now, right?

If Radian was a little older he maybe would have appreciated that encounter a little more, but yeah, he was still a kid and, most importantly, he had an angry orc who was looking for him... and you don't want to waste your time with women if you have an angry orc who's looking for you, not even a pretty young woman like this one...


Voices came form both the directions the kid and the woman were coming from. One of them was the orc, the others... who cares, they were not looking for him.


They were probably looking for the woman, since she just quickly got up handing out the fallen purse to the kid.  So Radian just had to get back the purse and run away, while the orc was still far away.


It looked he was safe, after all...


 



© 2015 naghree


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on April 16, 2015
Last Updated on April 24, 2015
Tags: kid, pickpocket, orc, elf, drow


Author

naghree
naghree

Italy



Writing
1 - that kid! 1 - that kid!

A Chapter by naghree