Chapter 10, Evicted

Chapter 10, Evicted

A Chapter by Naomi Bloom
"

The tenth chapter of "Wilde Horses Couldn't Stop Me!"

"

XX


The ten days had passed and soon enough it had been two weeks since Beatrice woke up.  She had become healthy and fit from her time in Atlantis and she had made many friends and learned much about their culture.  And yet, with every passing day she had grown more worried for Milo, who had still not confessed to Kida.  As Beatrice had said, his lie had become bigger and uglier every day, like a cancer.  He kept trying to tell her, but the situation never seemed right.  


Despite the tense situation, Beatrice and Milo had become fast friends and frequently discussed archeology and linguistics.  It made Kida jealous.  


That night, after dinner, Kida and Milo walked back to their royal suite.  As always, they were exhausted from their work that day.  The moon was nearly their only light.


“Milo,” Kida sighed, “About Beatrice…”


Milo didn’t like her tone.  It was her bad news tone, “Yes?”


“She’s been here for more than a month, and I know that healer said that she could stay here if she wanted, but the truth is…”


Kida stopped Milo and looked him in the eye, “I don’t want her to stay.”


Milo was shocked and disappointed, although he knew Kida didn’t like Beatrice that much, “But Kida.  Why?”


“Why not?  She’s not useful to us and she probably has family on the surface.”


Milo considered arguing with her.  Those were her politically correct reasons.  Her real motives had more to do with jealousy.  But it was his fault and if he wanted to confess to Kida, he would have to avoid fighting with her.  Besides, Beatrice’s family was probably devastated at this point.  It wasn’t fair to them.


“You’re right.  I’ll tell her that she has to leave the day after tomorrow.”


Kida was confused, but pleased, “What?  Ok.”


“Because you know what tomorrow is…”


“Our anniversary?”


“Yup!  And we don’t want that to be upstaged by anything!”


Kida smiled.  This had gone so much better than she thought it would, “I’m so glad I married you!”



XXI


Later that night…


“Beatrice,” Milo said as he knocked on her door that night.


She opened her door.  It was nearly midnight.  Milo looked miserable.  


He hesitated to speak, “Kida wants you to leave,” he sighed deeply, “in two days.”


“What?  Why?  Did you finally tell her?”


“No,” Milo sighed, “But I have to stop arguing with her.  I’m so sorry Beatrice.”


He was on the verge of tears, “Maybe it’s for the best.  We shouldn’t keep you away from your family and your career.”


Beatrice frowned, “My mother is dead and my father has effectively disowned me. But I do still have a chance at a career if I work hard enough.”


“I’m sorry.  That’s the right way to approach it.”


They were silent for a while.


“So are you okay with this?  It’s hard for me too,” he stared at the floor, trying not to reveal the feelings in his eyes.


Beatrice thought.  


“It’s the greatest place I’ve ever been.  But I can handle it.  I’m a big girl.  I will miss it though…”


“I’ll miss you.”


“I’ll miss you too, Milo,” she said shyly.  


“I’m sure Kida would let you visit sometimes.”


“That would be lovely,” she knew that would never happen.  The girl tried not to cry.


“Oh, and if you want, you can take some of my archeology books to help you out.”


“Really?  Are you sure?”


“Of course!  I don’t use them that much anymore,” he shrugged.


They both laughed.


Milo sighed, “Well thank you for always being so reasonable.  See you tomorrow.”


He started to leave.  But Beatrice couldn’t let him leave yet.  She had to tell him how she felt about him.  They only had one day left together now.  Even if it was inconvenient, he had to know.


“Wait Milo!”


“Yes?” he looked at her expectantly.


She looked at his round glasses, neat hair and slim body.  It was suddenly so intimidating to simply look at him, to be talking to him.  It was like he was an actor from a moving picture.  How did she deserve him?  How could she expect him to love her?  It was impossible.  You could read it on his face.  She couldn’t tell him.  


“Um, when can I pick up those books tomorrow?”


“Oh,” he said.  Did she hear disappointment in his voice?


“Late afternoon, early evening?”


“Perfect.  Good night,” she closed the door.  


Another missed opportunity.  But it was stupid.  He’d be angry that she brought it up so late, if he even returned her feelings…   And it was so odd and inappropriate.  He’d probably be mildly disgusted.  


Breathless and full of strange feelings, her sleep was troubled.



© 2012 Naomi Bloom


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on December 30, 2012
Last Updated on December 30, 2012
Tags: rejection, separation, goodbyes, wilde horses couldn't stop me, fan fiction, chapter, first, beatrice wilde, milo thatch, kida, kidagakash, disney, atlantis, lost empire, film, movie, animation


Author

Naomi Bloom
Naomi Bloom

Ontario, Canada



About
An amateur writer of poems, short stories and other types of writing. I recently graduated from university and I am trying to figure out what to do with my life. Victorian England, name meanings, be.. more..

Writing
Drowning Drowning

A Poem by Naomi Bloom