Love is a bug

Love is a bug

A Poem by Addict With a Pen
"

You treat me like a disease, as if love were a bug you just caught from the breeze...

"

You treat me like a disease

As if love were a bug you just caught from the breeze

Something you don’t want to touch

Washing me away

As if our love story was never that much


You tell me to stay,

But you just need a shoulder to cry on

When you won’t even look my way

Wanting someone vulnerable to rely on


As if I did anything but hand you my heart

For you to just kindly throw away


But I’m writing to say

That I’ve meet someone else

This time I know it's okay

Because she actually looks at me

And smiles so sweetly when I say hey


The sickness you felt inside

Was nothing more than butterflies

Something your heart was trying to say

Please, next time you don’t have to hide


I know that love is more than a bug

And I know you’ll probably just give my writing a shrug

But I want you to read closer my dear

Then maybe you’ll shed just one tear

© 2016 Addict With a Pen


Author's Note

Addict With a Pen
Feedback is appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

really felt your emotions in this poem. Thank you for the beautiful poetry. I enjoyed it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved the writing in this poem. Good way to project the feelings. great job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I like the way your message goes from the old dissatisfaction to the new reward, but then back to the old bleak view, hoping for one last "give a s**t" from the "ex". I think you've expressed yourself well here, the reader feels every step of this transition, this giving up of an unrewarding situation. My only drawback is that it almost feels like the narrator may be using the new love in a similar but opposite way, since it's a concern to "get back at" the "ex" . . . once a new love appears, why try to go back & squeeze water from the old stone anyway? But this is authentic, in that most people do want the old love to eat his/her heart out . . .

Posted 7 Years Ago


The emotion in this is so amazing! It's a shame that some people can put their heart out there and someone else can come along and use it all up without feeling sorry. Some people just don't understand how much it hurts to be used. It feels horrible to give someone your all and then realize they've given you nothing. Your heartbreak is really shown as well as your hopefulness in your new relationship. Beautiful poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This poem explains one reason why I sometimes try not to be kind ... people take advantage of that at times. I could especially relate to the second stanza ... sometimes, people just want you so they can let out all their pain, but when you need them, they're never there. I know that one shouldn't be kind and expect kindness in return (because being kind should be a reward in itself), but sometimes when you see that the other person isn't willing to do the same for you, you just feel like an idiot. I think the "love is a bug" analogy describes that way of thinking quite well. Thanks for sharing this piece.

- William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2016
Last Updated on September 10, 2016

Author

Addict With a Pen
Addict With a Pen

UT



About
Are you searching for purpose? Then write something, yeah it might be worthless Then paint something, then it might be wordless Pointless curses, nonsense verses You'll see purpose start to surfac.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..