The Thing I Missed Doing

The Thing I Missed Doing

A Chapter by ninay

 After week of studying or should I say pretending to study, I'm glad to say that I read all the books! I'm so happy; I wish that my parent became really busy that they forget me, and the fact that I have to study. But today as I read my fairytale books..

"Your majesty, King Frederick wanted to see you" Olivia suddenly said. What is it now? Why does he wanna see me? I know he doesn't want to talk about each other's day or something like that. He will make me do some boring things again! But since he's the king I have to obey him. So, I immediately went to see him.

"Penelope, today a want you to train archery, I want you to be able to protect yourself." Father said. What? Protect myself? I don't like archery, well, I don't hate it, it's just that I'm not enjoying it. What I love, what I really wanted to do is Horseback Riding! I love it when I ride my horse 'Gummy' and just feel the wind because whenever I do that, it feels amazing like something about me and Gummy connects to each and move synchronized, it's like I don't have to control Gummy or give her instructions because when I'm with her, We move as one.

"Forgive me your majesty but I will only do what the King's wishes if he let me ride my horse every time I train archery" I said to him, keeping the fierceness in my look. Father's expression changed after I said that. It was like, he's not expecting it. I can see the surprise in his eyes but, he said yes.

The next day, my maids dress me a suit for training, with protection for my knees, elbows and hands. I'm training archery, what's with the protection and everything?

So, I started the training. I learned the basics first. I learn the parts of the bow and arrow to understand completely how it works, before starting shooting. It's easy at first but it gets harder as the target's distance moves against me Three hours later, my trainer ended our session for that day. He said I was good and that he will gladly tell that to the King and Queen. And then I become excited to see Gummy that I run to the horses stables, forgetting about my maids and made them really nervous and shouting "be careful your majesty" and "please do not run your highness" and some things I didn't hear because of my excitement.

"Your majesty! What are you doing here! It's been a long time since I saw you." William said. William is an old man with gray hair and brown eyes. He takes care of the horses and also one of my friends.

"William! It's so nice to see you!"

"Your majesty! Are you here to see your horse,?" William said smiling

"Of course!" I told with a lot of excitement in my voice.

"How's Gummy William?" I asked him as we walk inside.

"She is fine your majesty, getting stronger and wiser everyday"

While William was talking I immediately saw my beloved horse, Gummy standing in one of the stall. Gummy is not different from other horse, she is color brown just the same as the others.

I remember the day I got Gummy. She was not as big as she is now but that time, I already felt our connection. And then I chose her. Royal bloods usually take white or black colored horses as their own, because white and black horses are really beautiful, like they were made for royals. But me, I chose Gummy not because of her physical appearance but because I knew that she is the horse I can trust just as the way she can trust me. I chose her like a friend and not as a subject.

"Oh Gummy! I've missed you so much" I said to her, as she obviously felt the happiness I was feeling.

"Would you like to go for a little ride?" I asked her. And she kind of said yes by the way she moved her body excitedly. I honestly think that if she was a human right now, she would be giggling.

"I will get her ready for you, your majesty" William said.

I watched William put the saddle to Gummy, and how her eyes sparkled with joy.

When Gummy was ready, we went outside, I touched her happy face and said "just like before Gummy, just you and me!" I sat at her saddle and felt again the connection I haven't felt in years. Gummy seems to read my mind, and knew that I was ready, for she started to run like a wind...



© 2015 ninay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on August 2, 2015
Last Updated on August 2, 2015


Author

ninay
ninay

Philippines



About
~Drawing ~Movies & Books ~Chocolate more..

Writing
First Duty First Duty

A Chapter by ninay