Heaven's Tears

Heaven's Tears

A Poem by Nyida Strong
"

free write

"
a music is filling the earth once more
a moment in time that I long for
the feeling of a planet sharing
emotions with me
the sky has turned from blue
to deep grays of stormed emotions
finally, the sky cannot hold
her tears a moment longer
and sighs heavily.

cool rain drops caress my face
and calm my anger, reminding me
that even the cosmos need a release.
my heart is dark and breaking and
it seems the world knows this,
crying with me so I don't feel alone.

the city is breathing with me
feeling the cool sensation of rain
as it washes away the filth of so many sins.
my arms raise skyward as the drops wash
over scars and marks,
purifying me.

I'm crying with the skies, with the heavens.
Only in the moments of heavenly pain
can I feel truly understood.
Even God is weeping, for one... for many.

N. Strong

© 2013 Nyida Strong


Author's Note

Nyida Strong
This was a free write and as such the form is lacking, along with the lack of punctuation and capitalization.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This represents what I feel a lot. A lot of times, during some lonely nights, I find some sense of divine empathy. In these moments, I feel like my loneliness is justified. This poem reminds me of those moments.

I like it. One suggestion I have:

"cool rain drops caress my face
and cool my anger, reminding me"

Maybe find another word for cool in the second line, like "douse". It would give it a bigger effect than using cool twice, IMO.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nyida Strong

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the suggestion. I hadn't noticed the doubt use of "cool". I've exchanged it for "calm".. read more



Reviews

A amazing poem. The description was powerful and the story in your words very sad. Your strong words made the poem come alive. I like the last line. A outstanding poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rich imagery throughout, but the standout phrases for me are "even the cosmos needs a release" and "Even God is weeping"-- although I enjoyed the whole poem really felt those lines.

M

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely and vivid images and descriptions. I love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

First, thanks for the reviews on Structural Defect. You've point out a few things I need to address, and revision #2 will contain them. Thank you!

This is a delightful piece. There's a reason you don't see much poetry from the middle aged: the youth still see the world with its wounds both physical and of the heart with young eyes and HOPE, the elderly see it the same way. Somewhere between 25 and 45 we lose this ability, and I see real publishable potential in your poetry. Congrats on a great piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awesome piece of writing, moving.

Posted 13 Years Ago


WOW outstanding !! although a free-style write yet it flows amazingly, I loved the images you've created somehow reminds me of a song by Doro Pesch named "Even Angels Cry" last stanza was just amazing .
keep it up

Posted 13 Years Ago


I enjoyed this. I dont think its lacking, I think you're a fantastic writer :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nicely written piece...to feel the actuality of emotions and touch upon the earthen characteristic senses is to seek that place beyond the existence of life...

nice...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This piece holds so many emotions, its strong and it speaks to the person reading, well done, i love it :) keep up the writing as you have an amazing talent which i would love to see more off.

Wolf

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice..
well written..
kept me reading from start to finish..
good write..

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1281 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 10, 2010
Last Updated on May 9, 2013
Tags: pain, rain, life, depression, self harm, self injury

Author

Nyida Strong
Nyida Strong

NV



About
When I first discovered my talent for writing, I was thirteen. I discovered that my loneliness wasn't the worst thing in the world. By creating other places, other worlds, other characters, I wasn't s.. more..

Writing
Finally Finally

A Story by Nyida Strong



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..