Recession

Recession

A Story by olachery

One of my friends called me up yesterday to wish me a Happy Birthday. It was a call that I never expected. I never had the habit of celebrating my Birthdays. If I was at home I would wake up early, do my routines. My mother was keen on remembering birthdays. I have to check if she still remembers the day. How can she forget? None of the mothers will forget. One more year is gone. I am planning to do something different this year. I need to take the risk at this point. I did it in the past and it was worth it too I can do that again as I have nothing to lose.

 

    Most of my friends are settled by now. Everyone is in debt though. Regardless of the salary, we keep on dreaming a lot and try to achieve those dreams. For eg: - Once you get married you would start thinking about a house, car, etc. I still remember those old days when the salary was very little and I would have a few bucks in my salary account by month-end even after all the expenses. Now, by the end of the month, I have to borrow money from my friends. I keep on blaming my job, salary, etc. When I was in college I thought our friendship would be a pillar in the future. Yes, it is. I thought we would occupy nearby houses and stay together as a team. You can't predict what will happen in life. A few of my friends are settled abroad now with their families.

 

   Has the recession has affected us very badly? I wonder if it has affected Writers Cafe too. We have lost lots of projects but got a few new projects. I've learned a life lesson. I still like those days when we had nothing to worry about but just to study. We were not informed about what was happening in the family. My parents never discussed any family matters whether it is financial or something else with us.

 

I’m not sure if Recession is a reality. It hasn’t affected others much. My friends are secure. Banks didn’t reduce the interest rate of personal loans. Real Estate is in big trouble. People are moving from big flats to small apartments. Registration for new flats is not happening now. The price of daily commodities is still the same. As part of overcoming the recession period, I've decided to spend less. I’ve controlled my partying habit. Has the recession affected you too? What are your plans for a recession?

© 2020 olachery


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on October 17, 2020
Last Updated on October 17, 2020

Author

olachery
olachery

About
I am an avid reader. Loves reading motivational stories, and fiction. I try to find meaning in things that look different and are at times out of place. more..

Writing