How many close friends do you have? I have lost one

How many close friends do you have? I have lost one

A Story by olachery

That was the second time Mohu lost his mobile; a costly one. It has got all the features required for the latest century. I felt frustrated and scolded him for his ignorance and laziness. How could you lose your mobile? It clearly showed that he was not caring. Then he told me about a gang who used to steal mobiles and escape with ease. I didn't care till I saw the same gang attacking a poor passenger who couldn't do anything as he didn't get any help from other co-passengers. I never imagined that I would be in his shoes one day. That day I scolded
Mohu for his ignorance. Time passed by. Mohu is in the US now enjoying an onsite opportunity.
   
    I can never forget this day. I left early from my home to see one of my friends and I was returning from his place. It was about 8:30 in the morning. I was waiting for a bus. I wondered how could such a rush happen in an early morning bus when I saw the bus which was going to my home town. I had no other options and I boarded the bus. I had kept my mobile phone in my shirt pocket and I was carrying some costly items. As soon as I boarded the bus I saw a gang standing near the entrance. They were very polite to me and invited me to get inside. I didn't feel anything bad till I found that one of the fellows was a drunkard. I kept my wallet in my jeans pocket and I was very careful about it since I lost my purse last time during a journey. Those people were of the age from 30 to 40. They were standing just behind the ladies' seats. I thought there was something fishy going on. I could see one of the gang members scanning the pocket of another passenger. I kept my hand on my jeans so that I could protect my purse. In between some people got in and got down from the bus. After some time I got a safe place to stand. Those people communicated in some other language and got down in a rush.

    I wondered who could be their prey this time. I kept on checking my purse. "Thank God. I'm safe", I thoght.

I got a seat and I just checked if my mobile was safe just to find that it was gone. Though I felt irritated, I appreciated their professionalism. I was not even aware that I was the prey when they were scanning the person just in front of me. Those people were thorough professionals. I thought I could never lose the mobile as it was in my shirts pocket and it weighed more than a normal one.

  I got down at my place and was very saddened to know that I didn't even know any of my dearest friends' phone numbers. I went to a hotel to have breakfast but I couldn't even have as I intended. I tried to call on my mobile number but it was not ringing. I understood I lost a dear friend whom I was not taking care of. I could have saved all the phone numbers as a backup. I know that you people also don't pay much attention to mobile phones thinking it is just an accessory. Believe me, once you lose your dear ones you would come to know what an impact they made in your life. We use mobile phones everywhere and keep them nearby even if we sleep.

    I used online resources to block my SIM card and to get my friend's phone numbers. I had suffered a lot for two days. The greatest loss was the missing contacts. Where would I get all these numbers from? I had been using the same phone for quite some time. The very next day I went to the nearest police station to complain about the stolen phone. The inspector was not so polite but as it was my requirement I thought it would be useful so that someone couldn't misuse the phone in the future. What options do you think we have when we lose the mobile phone? Is it the same procedure to follow in your country?

   I decided not to buy a costly mobile and went to the nearest shop to get a compatible one. Do you think that spending too much money on a Mobile phone is worth the money or do you use the mobile phone just to make phone calls?

   I have learned that the only option to block a lost mobile phone is to register an FIR in the police station which most people won't do as it requires lots of visits to the police station and you have to answer unnecessary questions from the department. This makes these kinds of gangs grow as they know everything from stealing the phone to selling it.

   Do you think that the mobile phone is your true friend? Do you care about it? Now I do.

© 2020 olachery


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on October 17, 2020
Last Updated on October 17, 2020

Author

olachery
olachery

About
I am an avid reader. Loves reading motivational stories, and fiction. I try to find meaning in things that look different and are at times out of place. more..

Writing
Loneliness Loneliness

A Story by olachery