Loneliness

Loneliness

A Story by olachery

I looked out of the window. I could see the rainbow in the sky, the sun, kids playing in the playground, blossoming of romance in the neighborhood. I could listen to the chirping of the birds, the murmuring of young couples in the next room. I could not have listened to my inner voice too if I hadn't been alone.

I can see what is going on in the neighborhood. I know who’s good and bad. I could never forget those nights when I used to go to the gym with my friends. The whole world would be sleeping when we peddled a bicycle to the gym. Those days were gone. I never thought that my nights would be sleepless. Life was different a few years back. We enjoyed it to the fullest. Where are my friends and family? When did my friends call me or invite me to a function? I could see their kids growing up fast, learning new tricks, mimicking their papas and mamas.

I am free on my own. I can experiment with my life; whether it is tasting food from the nearby restaurant or sipping a drink with pleasure.

I thought I would wake up in the morning hearing the chirping of birds but I would wake up by hearing the quarreling of young couples in the next apartment. I looked out of the window. Where are those kids? I could see the birds preparing their nests They would fly away. 

© 2020 olachery


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13 Views
Added on October 17, 2020
Last Updated on October 17, 2020

Author

olachery
olachery

About
I am an avid reader. Loves reading motivational stories, and fiction. I try to find meaning in things that look different and are at times out of place. more..

Writing