An Awesome Training

An Awesome Training

A Story by olachery

It was such a wonderful learning experience. Since we were dealing directly with customers our company had decided to provide additional training to all of us. It was a soft-skill training session that I would never forget for the rest of my life. The trainer was focusing more on customer service skills and how to implement those in real life.

Though we are young professionals, our trainer dealt with ease. It was like teaching kindergarten kids. The trainer was fashionable, encouraging, beautiful, always smiling; I don't have many words to describe her. At times we had to crawl on our knees dance, jump, etc. I have learned how to propose to a girl. Whenever she felt like we were bored she would initiate an activity. We learned a lot from these activities One of such activities was to describe a person with adjectives. For eg:- Naresh has got these descriptions: Nasty, Notorious, Naive, etc. Though I don't know dancing I was lucky to dance in front of my friends. It ended up in belly dance. I've got good comments from my friends.

This training was full of energy. When the trainer feels like our voice was not loud enough she would shout. It went to the extent that someone had to come and tell us to reduce the voice.

Next was pronunciation. She had asked us to write about us. We had written a paragraph about us. Then she told us to read paragraph one by one. She would correct when the pronunciation was wrong. She had requested us to write a few tongue twisters. She recommended we watch the movie "My Fair Lady". It is a wonderful movie based on a novel by Bernard Shaw. Professor Higgins and Colonel Pickering have been drilling Eliza Doolittle incessantly with speech exercises, trying to break her Cockney accent speech pattern.

"The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain". We wrote a few tongue twisters and it was full of fun listening to those tongue twisters.
It was a 15-day training. The last day we had a delicious lunch with the trainer. She had taught us the difference between and empathy and sympathy. We miss her a lot. I wish all the training had such fun and energy.

© 2020 olachery


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on October 17, 2020
Last Updated on October 17, 2020

Author

olachery
olachery

About
I am an avid reader. Loves reading motivational stories, and fiction. I try to find meaning in things that look different and are at times out of place. more..

Writing
Loneliness Loneliness

A Story by olachery