Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Fallen


~Destiny~


A bright pink light woke me up from my delightful slumber, I reluctantly opened my eyes and looked towards my balcony. The door was wide opened and the light flooded into my room, I groaned and threw my pink comforter off me and got up. I padded towards the balcony.




Why can't I ever do this right!?” A familiar female voice said. I rubbed my eyes and chuckled softly.




When does it ever go right?” I answered the voice, taking my place by the railing of my balcony. I looked down at the red headed girl. She raised her head to cast her piercing blue eyed gaze on me.


It's tough to control!” She growled. “Why don't you attempt to send things into a totally different dimension and tell me how you do!” I sighed and jumped off my balcony, allowing the wind to take me into it's embrace, placing me gently onto the ground.


“Lyra, just focus.” I said with a smile. She took in a deep breath and pointed her fingers at a grey rock that laid in front of her. A brilliant pink light escaped her fingertips, hitting the rock causing it to disappear. I grinned. “Awesome!”


If only I knew what dimension I sent it into...Then I would be able to bring it back.” She looked down at the ground, she was giving up. I took her right hand in mine, using the other hand to tilt her face up to look at me. I smiled warmly at her.


So the only two dimensions you are familiar with is this one and the Inbetween, am I correct?” She nodded in response. “Well then try perfecting those two dimension before moving onto another one. You can use Moonstone as your test subject if you would like.” I teased.


No one is using me for anything!” My Black Clydesdale trotted over to us, his flaming mane moved along with the warm breeze. He came to his rightful place beside me, I leaned over and stroked his neck.


You don't think I can do it either? Do you?” Lyra narrowed her eyes at him, Moonstone tensed up and backed away from her. I chuckled, my fearless guardian had two fears; Ghosts and Lyra. Though Lyra had made herself clear from the moment she arrived here, no one messes with her or me otherwise someone gets hurt. Ash and Silas had been the biggest victims of her one and only rule, I enjoyed watching them get beat up by Lyra.


I think you can, with some help that is.” Moonstone lowered his head and began to snack on the, mostly, dead grass. Lyra growled at his abrupt behaviour.


Keep practising, I'll be inside.” I told Lyra, then ran off into the castle. Marie stood in the kitchen, her face buried in a book while breakfast was cooking. “Hello Marie.” I acknowledged her. She looked up from the book and smiled at me.


Good morning princess.” She returned her gaze to the book. I continued down the hall, and came to a stop in front of my fathers office, I placed my fist on the door, planning on knocking but I quickly pulled my hand away and walked down the hall. Ever since my return my father had stepped up the troops, and made sure that Danhorn was the safest kingdom in all the Underworld, therefore he was really busy and hardly had time for me. I began walking faster upon hearing the usual bickering in the foyer. The two familiar voices and one tiny voice trying to stop them. I placed my hands on my hips and narrowed my eyes at the two boys.


For the last time, Stay.Away.From.Her!” Silas warned him.


You're not in control of what I do or what she wants! The day she tells me she would like some space is the day I will stay away from her! But she has not said that yet, so I will always be around!” Ash crossed his arms across his strong chest.


Please stop fighting.” Etoile stood in between the two boys, looking up at them with pleading eyes. She fiddled around with the frills on her purple dress.


Go back to your room, Etoile.” Ash instructed her.


No!” She looked up at Silas and shot a beam of light from the palm of her hand. “Leave my Ashy alone!” She warned. Silas stumbled backwards, and looked at Etoile, surprised. I laughed and clapped my hands.


Good job, Etoile!” I approached them.


Don't praise her!” Silas growled. Etoile shot Silas a look then barrelled towards me, her waist long, curly, blonde hair danced around her. She jumped into my arms, wrapping her arms tightly around me.


Destiny!” She squealed.


Hey.” I held her in my arms for a minute then placed her back on the ground, Ash and Silas walked up to me. “Stop fighting around her!” I looked at both of them, Etoile stood beside me and gave them a stern look. She is so freakin' cute! I thought to myself.




I didn't start it!” Ash pointed at Silas. “He did! He always does!”


I know he did, he has over-protective issues that I am sure Lyra can solve for him.” I glared at Silas. He shook his head then ran up the stairs, disappearing in the shadows. Ash picked up Etoile, kissing her forehead he whispered something in her ear causing her to smile.


Ash, do you think you could help Lyra?” I asked.


With what?”


Her dimensional travelling. Seems she cannot pin point the location in which she has sent something.” I pulled my red hoodie over my black hair. Ash bit down on his lip.


I can try, bring Silas down as well he may possibly have some ideas as well.” Ash said. I nodded and watched as he and Etoile walked towards the kitchen. I looked up at the second floor, was Silas going to listen to me today? Or was he going to be a complete jerk? I marched up the stairs, my mind set on getting him down to where Lyra was. I walked down the hall, my hands in my pyjama pant pocket. I kicked one of the wooden doors.


Silas!” I said sweetly. “I need you..” Those three words meant more to him then I love you. He had told me that right after he had rescued me from the Shades, he said it's a fact of knowing I want him with me, and I need him. As long as he knows that, he will always know I love him.
The door opened, and his red eyes looked at me, a cocky smile spread across his face, “What do you need me for?” He asked.


More like Lyra needs you..” I smiled weakly hoping he would help without force. He attempted to shut the door, but I shoved my foot between the door and the wall. “Silas, Please..” I begged. He opened the door again and looked at me, a mischievous grin formed. “Get your butt outside or Moonstone will headbutt you back to Whitehenge!” I warned him. Silas quickly exited the room and ran down the stairs. That is more like it. I said, clearly pleased with myself. I followed him, passing my siblings room who seemed to rarely come out now. Note to self; Check to see if the twins are still breathing. I told myself.


Silas and I walked out the back door, Lyra had her finger pointed at Etoile, Ash and Moonstone. My eyes widened, I found myself racing over to them, Silas closely behind me. Lyra's bright light surrounded us all. My vision was blinded with her pink light, when the light cleared I was in another world, Etoile and Moonstone stood behind me. The sound of clashing swords echoed my ear, I looked around and noticed we were in the midsts of a battle.

 

As I was looking around, I was suddenly tackled down by a lion. My eyes widened, and I struggled to get free. He was then pulled off me by a grey wolf, the lion shook the wolf off and let out a roar, swiping his massive claws at it. Etoile watched them fight, her eyes glued to the wolf. Moonstone snorted and walked in front of her, blocking her view of the fight. I stood up and wiped the dirt off my pants, narrowing my eyes at the lion, there was no way he could attack me and not expect anything in return.

 

A golden coloured horse galloped up to Moonstone and Etoile, swiftly dodging an attack. “Hey, what are you doing out here?!” He looked at the two of them. “And what are you wearing?” He asked, Etoile looked at the horse then grabbed onto Moonstones hind leg.

 

She whispered, 'Stranger...Danger...'

Where are we?” Moonstone asked. My fist were engulfed in flames as I prepared to attack the lion.

 

Near the border of the Kingdom of Casonia.” The horse shifted into a blonde hair and blue eyed boy. He pulled out a bow an arrow and shot at another attacker. “Who in the name of lillianica are you?!” He said, his back facing them. The lion bit down on the wolfs leg, dragging it backward. A boy with brown hair and blue eyes shoved the lion away, blocking the lions attack with his knives.

Where is Casonia?” Etoile asked.

 

I am Moonstone, The little girl is Etoile.” Moonstone said. The flames left my hands and went straight towards the lion. He roared in pain and ran off, the other shifters looked at me warily.

 

You're in Casonia...Watch out!” The boy transformed into a hawk and soared over Moonstone and Etoile, diving towards another man that was about to attack Etoile. I backed up and cowered behind Moonstone.

 

I do not like people attacking me.” I muttered. Moonstone kept an eye on the hawk/boy.

 

That is not what I meant!” She whined stomping her foot down on the ground. “And where is Silas and Ash?!” She looked around frantically. The wolf transformed into a human, her brown hair tied back revealing her amber eyes

.

Who are you?” She asked pressing her back against the brown-haired boy, and began to fight against the enemies, that dared approach them, with her sword. “Where did you come from?” The hawk ripped his attackers throat out.

 

Ash? Silas?” He cocked his head, obviously having no idea who they were.

 

They're our friends..” Etoile explained.

 

I'm Destiny....I came from the underworld.” I told the girl. Etoile looked at the hawk in amazement.. The boy, that was fighting along side the girl, yelped in pain.

 

Derek!” The girl looked at me. “Could..Could you do that flame thing again? Please! We need to scare the rest off!” She pleaded.

 

I bit my lip, “Um, Okay.” I created a ball of fire, throwing it at the attackers they all scattered. Then they whistled.

Great...The dragon use to work for us willingly...Until they captured and brainwashed him...” The hawk took his human form again. A large dragon landed in front of me, roaring.

 

Oh no 'ya don't!” The girl turned into a dragon with blue and white scales.

 

Sitka don't!” The boy, Derek, said.

I'm sorry, but I have this power and I will put it to good use, no matter how much energy it takes.” Sitka said, before flying high into the sky. The dragon followed her, fighting. The other boy began to shoot arrows at the dragon, giving Sitka an advantage.

 

I'm totally dreaming all of this...” I whispered to myself.

 

Sitka brought the dragon down, she respectfully inclined her head to touch her muzzle to it's neck before incinerating it. The attackers shot arrows at Sitka, but never once penetrated her scales. Sitka transformed into a griffin and chased them off before turning into a wolf once again. She collapsed by a tree. Derek sat down beside her, stroking her fur through her armour, she laid her head in his lap and flattened her ears.

 

Moonstone...I'm pretty freaked out...How about you?” I muttered.

 

I'm confused.” He replied. Etoile stared at Sitka from under Moonstone, a sad expression crossed her face. A raccoon bounded out of the forest.

 

Sitkania, I fund traces of horses and wagons, as well as sleds pulled by dogs. They're using them as pack animals to save their strength, and I can see horses and dogs blood on the ground. The animals are obviously being abused.” It said, then it turned to look at us. “I have no idea who you are, or where you came from....But I also detect some kind of poison that they accidentally left behind in haste of their retreat. A powder. If you hadn't shown up when you did and scared them.....I don't think we'd be alive.” The hawk transformed into his horse form again and began to pace.

 

A poison powder like that is extremely rare, and expensive. Obliterate it entirely, Jenarko. It will take a while for Finnra to collect more.” He turned to a white bear. “Beltaro.”

No survivors except you, me, Derek, Sitka and Jenarko. It was a small army.” The bear told him. Sitka placed a paw over her muzzle, Derek stroked the top of her head. Thunder began to rumble. Derek looked down at Sitka, worriedly.

Let us get back to the palace.” The horse turned back to us. “You three are coming with us, no mutter what your....Circumstances...We most certainly do not wish for you to get killed out here,” His eyes brightened with contemplative excitement. Etoile walked up to him, smiling brightly.



“Etoile! Get back over here!” I called after her.



“She's going to get killed.” Moonstone muttered.



“Then help her!” I growled.



“I am meant to protect you, not her.” Was his reply. I rolled my eyes.



“That is mean, she is only five” The horse nuzzled her gently with his muzzle. Etoile giggled and unfurled her tiny black and white wings.



“Yeah you are quite mean in a way, Should you not protect your friends?” Jenarko looked at Moonstone.



“Around here, we do not believe in 'every man for himself'.” Derek chimed in.



“Etoile is fully capable of handling herself, if I was needed to help her I may. But I doubt she would need my assistance.” Moonstone replied to them, then lowered his head and took a chunk of grass into his mouth. Figures, he would want to go back to fresh grass when he had the chance.



“Have you guys seen two boys, anywhere around here?” I asked them, crossing my fingers behind my back hoping someone would have seen them.



“No what did th-” The horse was cut off by the thunder crashing in the distance. Jenarko raised his head to sniff the air.



“We need to get going before the downpour...Slipping around in the mud will not help our wounds much...” He said. The horse took his human form once again, smoothing out his hair carefully.



“Plus, I don't want to get this doublet dirty! I just fixed a rip in the seam!” He complained. Sitka raised her head from Derek's lap and stood up. She looked at us, and wagged her tail friendlily.



“We shall assist you in finding your friends. But first...We need you to come back with us...Please...Trust us....My name is Princess Sitkania...and I think you can help us.” She said with a bit of hope within her voice. I looked at Moonstone, we both were thinking the same thing. We have no where else to go, so why not go with them and see what happens from there.







© 2013 The Fallen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay.....first off, Nora better see this review and I hope both of you laugh at me XD I was asking sooooooo many questions, it was hilarious. Fallen was laughing at me in class. Don't be worried though! Me asking questions, doesn't mean any of this isn't good, this is actually freakin' awesome!!!! First off, Fallen, Etoile! She's like my little sister! Even though you say you based her off your little cousin. And Nora! I sadly haven't read your book...so I wasn't familiar with your characters, but Fallen was able to help with that. I like your characters very much, and I think it's great that you guys decided to collab, because your characters together are pretty funny.
Though, I was sort of baffled, that once Fallen's characters were launched into Nora's world, they all just sort was like "Whoa, look a battle, hey lets go ask these people over here what's going on a have a conversation while fighting." I was a little like "Wha?" But then I found it hilarious and liked it instantly.
ANYWAY! Great job guys and keep up the good work! Bring moooooooooooore. So glad you guys decided to collab!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

XD I Luvs you Felecia! :3 hmm I love that you had no idea Lyra was you until I brought it up n you .. read more
Felecia

11 Years Ago

LYRA IS AWESOME XD
This was quite an interesting chapter. I love it! And I already have a guess where Silas and Ash are. XD But this is still great. I need the next chapter now!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

haha thanks :3
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

You're welcome!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 1, 2013
Last Updated on May 1, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen