Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Fallen

~Oran~

I opened my black eyes, gasping for air. The dream I had, it felt so real, it was almost to real. As the air drifted back into my lungs, I ripped the blankets off me, allowing the cool air from my window to take away the heat that surrounded me. I stared at the ceiling, that same dream has occurred three times this week, and more then twenty times this month.

I rubbed my hand over my eyes, and looked over at the clock that sat on my wooden nightstand. 7:25. I groaned, being the new student at school was not one of the things I looked forward to today. I slowly rose out of my bed and looked at the clothes that laid on the floor. Still haven't put them away..I guess that is another thing I have to do tonight. I told myself. I picked up a pair of jeans, and a blue t-shirt.

“Oran! Breakfast is ready!” My foster mother yelled from downstairs. This was my third family within a year, therefore I move a lot. Though I was told that this was to be my last foster parent, this lady that I currently lived with said she wanted to keep me until I graduate high school, I was finally going to get a place to remain forever. That is if I liked it here. When I called her my foster mom, she would repeatedly correct me telling me to call her my mother, though I was not comfortable with doing so yet.

I ran a hand through my sandy blonde hair before I pulled on the jeans, and tugged the shirt over my head. I ran downstairs, I really did not want to be late to school on my first day. A plate of eggs, toast, and bacon sat on the table along with a glass of orange juice. I took a seat, and my foster mother sat across from me, reading the news paper. She glanced up at me, and narrowed her eyes on my forearm.

“Did you always have that?” She asked. I raised a questioning brow.

“Have what?” I replied, looking at her strangely.

“Pull up your right sleeve.” She instructed, I did what she told me to.“That tattoo of the bull, have you always had it?” She asked, pointing at the black bull that was on my arm.

“Yeah, ever since I can remember.” I said, yanking my sleeve back down. She nodded and took a sip of her coffee.

“I find it quite interesting, I like the design.” Her eyes flitted across the pages of the newspaper, I took a bite of bacon, wondering why she wanted to know about my tattoo. “Does it mean anything to you?” She questioned.

“Strength. It gives me the strength to power through anything that stands in my way.” I replied, shoving more food into my mouth. She pushed her blonde locks out of her green eyes and nodded once again. I actually never remembered getting the tattoo in the first place, but I did know it meant something to me, and it was something very important. Though I clearly lost the meaning to it, the true meaning.

I finished up my breakfast and placed it on the marble counter in the kitchen.

“I'm off to school.” I told my foster mom.

“Good luck.” She replied. I grabbed my black bag, slinging it over my shoulder, I walked out the door. The leaves on the trees were beginning to change colours, I looked around, which way was school? I walked down the steps and turned right onto a cement sidewalk. I shoved my hands in my jeans pocket, thinking of how my day would go. Every year at a different school I always had one thing on my mind,Another day, another chance to make friends. Though I was never around long enough to make friends worth keeping, or trusting. I could only remembered my life since I was about thirteen, everything before that was kind of a blur.


I pulled my ipod out of my bag, shoving the black headphones in my ears, I turned on music. I hoped that the music would drown out the first day nerves I was experiencing. I turned into the school parking lot, a sign hung above the door. It read, Rouble Academy. Yup, this was the place.


I quickly walked into the school, looking around for the office. I pulled a piece of crumpled up paper out of my pocket, my registration papers. Only a few people were in the hallway. With my head buried under my black hood, I continued down the hall silently. I hoped that I would not cause attention to myself. Someone suddenly bumped into my shoulder, I looked up, my gaze meeting a black eyed girl. Her black hair went down to her lower back, she brushed her hair out of her pale face.


“Hey.” I said, a small smile creeping it's way across my face. She nodded in greeting, then quietly replied.


“Hi..”


“Can you show me the way to the office?” I asked her timidly. Though I was hoping to make friends on my first day, I honestly did not have the time to wait until later to register. The girl pointed down the hall. She remained silent, shoving her hands back in her hoodie pocket. I sighed and ran down the hall, making a conversation with her was going to be pointless.


When I found the office, I quickly entered and looked at the Secretary. She adjusted her glasses as she frantically typed on the key bored. Her green eyes frantically watching the computer screen, I cleared my throat. She stopped typing and peered up at me, raising a questioning brow.


“May I help you?” She asked.


“I'm here to register.” I said, passing her the registration form.


“Oran Bray?” She said as she read the paper. “Oh you're Mrs. Le's new foster child.” She set the paper down on the desk and went back to typing. The printer began to make noises as it printed out a schedule, she grabbed the paper and handed it to me, her eyes remained glued to the screen. “Classes start in ten minutes.” I nodded and walked out of the office, looking at my schedule. My first class was history.

 



© 2013 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen
Short, Introduction chapter. There will be three others to follow, giving you a glimpse into the four characters lives and thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this because it gives a lot of depth to Oran in such a short chapter. :)

I feel so sorry for him that he has to move around a lot and that tattoo of the bull is quite intriguing.... o.O Can't wait to find out more about it! :D

I think that the girl he saw in the hallway is connected to him somehow and I look forward to seeing more of their interactions. :)

Nice job!!!! :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

I'm glad it gave alot of Depth to him.
And yeah ..The tattoo :3 and the girl! xD You will find.. read more
Felicity's Eve

10 Years Ago

:D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 15, 2013
Last Updated on May 15, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen