Hate breeds.....

Hate breeds.....

A Poem by Onlyme

Hate is such a toxic vile human emotion
that really corrodes and take all.

Destroys lives and causes wars,
get people killed for the slight
reasons at times.

Causes split between families.
Divides people and countries.
Turns one against another.

Hate is fuels violence, racism
and anger. Uprisings and deaths.

Hated is a curse to this world
and humanity in general.

I wish we could eradicate it forever.

© 2019 Onlyme


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I don't think I have ever hated anyone, but I have certainly disliked a few. Hate conjures up such powerful imagery of violence for me Dawn, I can barely utter the word. Of course your poem focuses on the damage inflicted and it is terrifying.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Thanks Chris. Dawn.



Reviews

Although you've adopted a very straightforward approach here, with a child-like innocence, I feel that there is always love at the heart of hate. It's a paradox, but it is the love of one's own self or for something that you don't have, that drives one to be jealous of another and hate them for being better; it is love for one's own country that drives him to violence and war. You can't eradicate hate unless you eradicate love and all other emotions (ps the Buddhists aspire to free themselves of hate and other wordly attachments, even love. But this very desire to reach a state with no desires is ironical in itself.)
I think hate makes us human. We're but flawed little children, driven by love. :))

Posted 5 Years Ago


I certainly agree with your observation on hatred and how it has corroded so many aspects of humanity.
However, love rules.
Love will save the day.
The very existence of the world is dependent on love.
If it weren't for love the moon, sun and stars would constantly bombard us with radio-active comets and debris on a regular base; and we would not enjoy summer for what it is, neither would we wonderously stargaze and be amazed.
Once we realise how nature herself is a true reflection of love, and that we humans are The Creator's love perfectly manifested and personified, we'd be humbled and treat our fellow creation with consideration and respect, the offsprings of love.

Can hatred make poets, throughout the ages, be inspired by beautiful Dawn?

Posted 5 Years Ago


Hi Dawn -

This is a very straightforward powerful poem. A poetic theme here is universal and resonates with many readers I would think. You may want to expand on your theme a bit more as there is so much more to say. Sometimes making a theme small with personal examples can help. Also, you might want to explain how it seeps into our senses - how it tastes, how it smells - just a suggestion. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 5 Years Ago


You’ve spoken truth dear Dawn. Hatred is destructive and self-destructive. It is a ‘de-evolutionary’ force. Your verses eloquently tell us all the ways it implodes and explodes us. The last line of your poem says it all. Thank you for this important message.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I totally get what you are saying, Dawn, but I hate my dead, b*****d father with a vengeance, it keeps me alive, there was no love, so if you take away the hate, that leaves f**k all,

Posted 5 Years Ago


An accurate study of hatred here, and I agree fully with the sentiments expressed. Hatred is certainly a scourge. Interesting way you’ve put your feelings about it in a poem.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I don't know the reason for it, but hate seems to be having quite an inning at this time. I don't know about the UK, but in the US it often expresses itself in gun violence. All of the characteristics cited in the poem are accurate, but the wish stated in the last line, while admirable, does not seem close to achievement at this time. When enough people truly want it to be eradicated, then it will be done.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Truth is John, you are stop on right. I was wishing on a dream with the last point of wanting to era.. read more
good points but ... some people are just DICKS!
hate is one of their secondary beliefs/thoughts
can you say donnie boy?

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

No one can deny that one ABG some folk are just dicks. I do agree. Dawn.
hate is such a strong word to use. To me hate is just another word of Jealousy. I could never hate anyone, i get angry but I don't hate. nicely done and said

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Thansk Kitseth, interesting point about the jealousy never thought of that one. Dawn.
I don't think I have ever hated anyone, but I have certainly disliked a few. Hate conjures up such powerful imagery of violence for me Dawn, I can barely utter the word. Of course your poem focuses on the damage inflicted and it is terrifying.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Thanks Chris. Dawn.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2019
Last Updated on February 22, 2019
Tags: hate breeds, vile, evilness, badness, wars, killings, death

Author

Onlyme
Onlyme

United Kingdom



Writing
Dawn Dawn

A Poem by Onlyme



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..