Continued.

Continued.

A Chapter by M. Elizabeth.

 it didn’t open. “You have to put in the combination” I heard an amused voice behind me say, I shot around straight away to see who it was laughing at me struggle to open my locker. There stood a boy a bit taller than myself with dark brown hair and caramel brown eyes, he was smiling, obviously he had just been chuckling from watching me.

“Oh, right.” I muttered looking through my notes for a locker combination, he pulled one of the pages out of my hand and pointed  to the numbers; 37-59, then handed the page back to me. “Thanks, Err...”

“Trent” he smiled

“Thanks Trent, I’m umm... Shelly Mortis” I told him smiling back awkwardly.

“Yeah I know, Shelly Raine Mortis” he said with a laugh.

I  nodded and turned to put in the combination, “3...7...59” I whispered while I twisted the knob. My locker inside was dark, cold, and dusty. It looked like it hadn’t been used for a while, Of course with my luck I got the locker that could be a home to all different insects and spiders. I don’t mind spiders, I actually had a pet spider when I was 13 but I wouldn’t be able to stand having spiders living inside my locker. I turned around to see if that Trent guy had went, but he was still standing there smiling, like he was waiting for me or something.

“Can I help you?” I said annoyed but still friendly.

“Yeah, I was just wondering if you wanted me to show you around, since your new  and all” he told  me looking like he was hoping for a good answer.

“I guess” I replied slightly nodding

“Cool” he started walking slowly down the hall

I stuffed my bulky bag and some of my pages into my locker, swung the small door shut and followed behind him.

As we walked down the halls passed some rooms that looked like classrooms, Teenagers stared at me and then at Trent. “Why’s he with her?” I heard a girl whisper, “Wonder if she’s coming to the dance tonight” another joked. I wanted to just run out of the school and go back to the car, but I kept walking with Trent and just ignored them. Trent slowed down so he was next to me, “So, are you coming tonight?” he asked, he probably heard what they said as well. “Naah... dancing isn’t really my thing, besides I only know two people at Sealen High.” I told him quietly, “Right, It’s fun anyway, you know... even if you don’t dance” He smiled, “Who do you know so far that goes here?”

“Just you and the small one, Lou-Lou.” I told him speaking just quietly still.

“Oh, Yeah I know her.” He said as we walked. “Well, I’ve hardly ever talked to her but I know her.”

“Right” I muttered.

Trent stopped walking and held his left arm out, “The gym” he said. I peered in and saw... a disco, Well it looked like one of those teenage night clubs but then I saw the basket ball rings under banners saying “Welcome back Sealen High!” I nodded and started walking again.

The next stops we took we’re at the science room, Cafeteria and then I asked him to show me where the ladies toilets are. “Trent, Where’s the ladies room?” I asked him puzzled. “Oh! I forgot about that.” He said and then started walking around the corner of the corridor. We stopped at a door with a pink silhouette of a lady, “Thanks” I thanked him and walked in. Inside I was shocked by how fancy and clean the school bathroom is. I leaned over the shiny sink and stared at myself in the mirror, I stared at the girl with the ghostly pale skin, big green eyes and long brown hair. Then I stared down, at my bright orange converse and plain clothes. Out of no where, I smiled at myself in the mirror, “maybe I will have some good friends this year” I thought about Lou-Lou and Trent. In my other school it was like I was invisible And I loved it like that, but at this school everyone seems to notice me. Maybe I was changing, maybe that shy, alone girl was becoming more open. I walked away from the mirror and reached for the door, outside the bathroom Trent was leaning on the wall waiting for me, “Let’s go” He smiled and we started walking again.

“Have you got any questions about the school Shelly?” Trent asked.

“Err... Yeah, why is it like a normal school day? When it’s Sunday...” I asked with confusion.

“Well, because it’s a new year the 1st day back is pretty big for us.” He explained, “Not everyone comes the day before but heaps do to just get ready for a new year I guess, oh and we have the dance tonight, the committee has to get it ready and the committee is a very large group.”

“I see” “Are there any other new kid in our year level?” I asked hoping there is.

“Yeah, Just one more” As he said that my relief calmed me down

“Who?” I questioned again

“Bradley Dust” He said Bradley Dust as if he didn’t like him, “Don’t really know much about him but everyone knows that he's been to a teenager detention centre a few times, not really a friendly kid.”

I was thrilled that everyone would be much more interested in this Bradley kid than me. “What’s the time?” my eyes flickered around the hall way we were in looking for a clock, Trent rolled up his sleeve and held his watch so he could see, “3:20” He twisted the watch in my direction. “Oh, I better go” I said “I promise mum I’d ring her soon” He smiled “Sure, See you tonight” he waved, as I started to walk in the other direction I yelled out “I’m not coming Trent!” Then I rang mum.



© 2010 M. Elizabeth.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good work!
I like it so far, its very creative. ^_^
keep it up, I would like to read more. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


In the next chapter the kid thats name is bradley will be benjamin dust :) sorry

Posted 13 Years Ago


cool. I hope she goes. would be a great way for her to meet people,
make some friends right away. I didn't find any errors at first glance.
I think you've laid this out pretty nicely.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2010
Last Updated on July 25, 2010


Author

M. Elizabeth.
M. Elizabeth.

Australia



About
loove writting, not really sure if i'm good at it but atleast I enjoy it. I only really write short stories but I don't know maybe i'll write a book :) All friend requests appreciated :) All cri.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Animals Animals

A Poem by Rose Tyler


Paralyzed Paralyzed

A Poem by Rose Tyler


Emotions Emotions

A Poem by Rose Tyler