Lilith

Lilith

A Poem by nigrum homonculus
"

oookay, lilith. a demon woman legend of jewish folklore who kills newborn in their sleep and causes men (especially christians) wet dreams and laughs at them. thought it would be interesting.

"

A myth, a legend or an inconvenient truth?

for when the moon wanes. She will conspire and swoop,

down In the dead of night, invisible to the naked eye.

The newborn children will have a brief life.

 

Infecting the dormant minds of men as they sleep.

Seduced in their dreams, nocturnal emissions in the sheets.

Ashamed of their weakness, in their candle lit room.

They have no idea of the demon infant in her womb.

 

The more life we give the more life she will take.

Her beauty blankets her evil, so make no mistake.

she is unforgiving, relentless and brutal.

The pain of deception, had made her mercurial.

 

So if the infant laughs in the dead of night.

Be on guard, her silouettes in sight.

If you fall into a dream like state,

Wake yourself up…before its too late.

 

© 2012 nigrum homonculus


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oooh so creepy! I love it!! The last two lines about if you fall asleep wake yourself up before it's too late makes me of think of a freddy krueger kinda thing, which is super cool!

The last line of the 1st stanza goes "The newborn children with have a brief life." Is that supposed to be "will have". Just a typo i thought i'd point out.

But i love this!!! Spooky and creepy and dark! Just my kind of thing. Well done!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"Seduced in their dreams, nocturnal emissions in the sheets." Made me chuckle immaturely to myself slightly, but the rest was very creepy. Brilliant Poetry as always Phillip

Posted 11 Years Ago


a dooming, mystical account....the apt warning at the end was needed!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Befroe its too late! Oh no! It was creepy but really not much. Course I am weird. I liked it. It was actually kinda cool.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dark and creepy. I like it a lot. Nice wording in the last time.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oooh so creepy! I love it!! The last two lines about if you fall asleep wake yourself up before it's too late makes me of think of a freddy krueger kinda thing, which is super cool!

The last line of the 1st stanza goes "The newborn children with have a brief life." Is that supposed to be "will have". Just a typo i thought i'd point out.

But i love this!!! Spooky and creepy and dark! Just my kind of thing. Well done!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really interesting. Would've never thought to write something like this. "Seduced in their dreams, nocturnal emissions in the sheets" was my favorite line. Vocabulary is strong; the flow appropriate. Love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2012
Last Updated on June 17, 2012

Author

nigrum homonculus
nigrum homonculus

london, surrey, United Kingdom



About
i have been away from this place for.....lord knows, something like 3-4 years? so i guess all the things i have experienced in that time have to come out somehow you know? so here we are. you're readi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..