The Prologue

The Prologue

A Chapter by Heather Maria
"

The beginning...

"

Prologue

12/25/08
----Two Years Earlier-------

            The whole gang was sitting fire watching the snow fall and playing 20 questions.

 

“Well, I think this beats truth or dare!” Malia smiled taking a sip of hot chocolate being amused at the Nick, Kevin, Joe, and Caitlynn who were asking some of the most embarrassing questions.

 

“You just hate doing a dare and admitting to anything.” Caitlynn teased laughing. It was Christmas day and no one could have asked for a better one. This year their parents decided to have at the Grey house in New Jersey and no one complained. Life in the fantastic four never was dull or incomplete.

 

“Ok.  Joe, where do you want to be in ten years?” Kevin asked.

 

“Where do I want to be in ten years?” Joe raised an eyebrow and looked at Malia, who was sitting next to him.

 

“Go on Joe, answer. We want to know what the daring Joe Jonas wants to be when he grows up!” Caitlynn joked, sending laughter through the group.

 

“I want to be right here with you guys and dating Malia.” He winked at her causing a deep red blush to appear.

 

“Awe, that’s so sweet!” Jason smiled as Nate rolled his eyes.

 

“Ok. So where do you want to be ten years from now Malia?” Caitlynn winked at her.

 

“That’s not fair!” Malia threw a pillow that was lying on the couch at her.

 

“Hey, no pillow fights!” Nick took the pillow from Caitlynn and put it behind his back.

 

“You just wanted a back rest.” Caitlynn folded her arms.

 

“So, Malia…” Joe looked at her intently.

 

“That was the 20th question.” Malia pointed out ignoring the question “How about we watch a movie.” She suggested getting up to look at their DVD collection.

 

“We could or play guitar hero.” Nick noted getting up to stretch.

 

“I vote for a movie, we’ve already played on the Wii, guitar hero, went sledding, and done everything this house has to offer.” Caitlynn yawned.

 

“Alright, a movie it is. Now, which one?” Kevin helped look for a movie with Malia.

 

 “While you all look I am going to get more hot chocolate.” Joe got up and went into the kitchen

 

“My cups empty, I’m going to get some more too.” Malia commented following Joe in the kitchen.

 

“Hey, were you serious back there?” Malia asked leaning against the kitchen counter.

 

“Yeah, why would you think I wasn’t?” Joe closed the cabinet and gazed into her eyes.

 

“Because you’re always smooth talking every girl you come across.” She chuckled, picking up an apple.

 

“You’re not some girl. Malia, I have known you my whole life and I have wanted to date you as soon as I was old enough.”  Joe explained leaning towards her.

 

“Well, you’re going to be eighteen and I’m seventeen, if we’re not old enough to date I don’t know when you plan on dating.” Malia took a bite into the apple and flipped a piece of hair.

 

“Malia, will you be my girlfriend?” Joe came around the counter and held her hands.

“I don’t know.  I’ll get back to you on it.” Malia smirked and waltzed into the living where the movie Elf was already playing.

 

“What took you two so long?” Nick asked as they came in and sat down.

 

“Take a guess.” Caitlynn smirked not taking her eyes off the TV.

 

“Oh be quiet!” Malia hit her with a pillow and lay down on the couch.



© 2012 Heather Maria


Author's Note

Heather Maria
This is the first edition be kind, but honest!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on September 12, 2012
Last Updated on September 12, 2012
Tags: young adult, drama, romance


Author

Heather Maria
Heather Maria

About
Hello, I am a senior in college and an amature writer. I enjoyr reading and performing while creating new stories for my friends to enjoy. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Heather Maria