Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Heather Maria
"

Life tends to happen without us thinking about it.

"

Chapter 3

            If there was one thing that Malia and Kevin had in common it was their love for the arts. She had agreed to call Kevin and make things right with him, and was glad she did. If she were honest with herself she had missed him, he would always go see a play with her or to the art museum when Joe wouldn’t. So tonight was no exception she had yet to see the Broadway Wicked and with dinner it was bound to be a beautiful evening.

 

“I still can’t believe I’m doing this or that Caitlynn bailed on me,” Malia grumbled as she pulled out the drive way, she and Caitlynn had gone to lunch and shopping. The dress she was going to wear to the premier was way too fancy, and besides every new beginning needs a new outfit.

 

She put the top down in her car and turned up the music, relishing the fact that the summer heat wasn’t too brutal, and that she had a date even if it was with the brother of her ex. “The brother, I am going on a date with my ex’s brother. Sounds like I’m back at the beginning, but I really need his friendship and support.” Malia thought to herself as she headed home. Kevin was going to pick her up around 6:30.

 

 

At 5 Malia had every intention of backing out of the entire thing, and so she made a call to the person who had gotten her into this mess.

 

“Caitlynn, there is no way, I can’t do this! It was just over a year ago and I was dating his brother!” Malia let a few tears slip down her cheeks.

 

“Malia calm down, wait are you crying. Please, tell me this has nothing at all do with Joe,” Caitlynn sighed on the other end.

 

“No, I mean yes, I mean no, I mean maybe… ok it does, “ she stuttered as she hugged the phone to her ear.

 

“I would say I can’t believe it, but I can. You and Joe are going to have to talk about this you know, you haven’t talked to him since the breakup.”

 

“I know, but it’s just so hard,” Malia cradled the phone as she paced from her bedroom to the bathroom.

 

“You know nothing is easy in life. But please go have a good time, and let me have a good time.” Caitlynn pleaded she had went round and round with Malia on this issue that it was getting old.

 

“You owe me.”

 

“One day you’ll collect.” Caitlynn chuckled, “now bye!”

 

“Bye.” Malia put the phone in her purse and freshened up just as there was a knock on the door.

 

“It’s now or never.” She took a breath, put on a smile, and opened the door.

 

“What on earth! Get out of my house now; there is no way they would do this to me!” Malia slammed the door and marched into her bedroom.  Because it was none other than Joseph Jonas standing at her door holding one single red rose.

 

“Look it’s not all their fault it’s partially mine.” Joe went into the house, and opened her bedroom door.

 

“What do you think you’re doing? This is my house and my bedroom; you have no right to barge into it! I want nothing to do with you, and I’m certainly not going anywhere with you!” Malia went to shut her door, but he stopped it.

 

“I understand, but you haven’t returned any of my calls and I know that you’re not going make any intuitive to talk about what happened. So I am making it my responsibility, and yes I know it was mine from the beginning! And no, I’m not leaving until we talk.” Joe pushed the door open all the way.

 

“I don’t need any explanation for what you did.” Malia came out of her room and went into the kitchen. She felt a headache coming on and knew it would only get worse, so she downed two Advil and sat down. “By all means please make yourself comfortable, pull up a seat.” she words dripping with sarcasm.

 

“Look, I know what I’ve done was wrong, the way I treated you was wrong, and I don’t have any excuse for why I did it. Except this ring on finger meant nothing to me…” He held up his left hand, showing the purity ring that he had worn all his life.

“This symbol of purity…it was just something for show, to hide what I felt inside, and the wrong I’d been doing. But you always got me to think about the way I was living, about God, and it made me mad. I know it all sounds crazy, but it’s true.”

 

Malia had never known Joe Jonas to cry, but there he sat at her kitchen table baring his soul to her. She reached up and wiped the tears that descended down her own cheeks, and went to get a Kleenex.

 

“Joe…”

“I’m so sorry Malia, I’m very sorry.” He took her hands, but she drew back from his touch.

 

“Joe, I pray God gives me the strength to be able to one day look you in the eyes and honestly be able to accept that apology.” Malia looked down at her own hands. “But right now I can’t, I would be lying, and I won’t lie to you.”

 

“Malia, I have changed and I know you want nothing to do with me, but somehow I will show you I have changed.” Joe replied softly, and with that he stood, pushed in his chair, and began to walk away like he had done so many times in the past.

 

“Malia, here…”he held out the two box seat tickets for Wicked, “You always wanted to see it, and I’m sorry I never took you. Please, take them and go tonight.” He handed her the tickets, gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, and left. It was like he had never even come at all, and Malia sat on her couch and wept.

 

***

She really needs to stop calling me about this; it’s really getting annoying and old. Caitlynn thought. She needs to get over it. Yeah, he cheated, but they both need to act like adults and talk about it to each other, not to me. However, I am not gonna let this ruin my date tonight. Caitlynn was in the bathroom brushing her hair when the doorbell rang; it was Showtime.

When she opened the door, Dave Batista was standing there looking amazing with a rose in his hand. He was wearing blue jeans and a button down blue shirt with a black blazer. “Hi, Batista.” She said with a smile.

“Wow! You look absolutely amazing.” He said with the cutest smile Caitlynn had ever seen before. She was wearing a short length black halter dress with black heels with her hair down.

“Thank you, both for the rose and the compliment.” She said as she took the rose and invited him inside her home. “So what are we doing tonight?” she asked while placing her rose down to get her blue jean jacket.

“I was thinkin’ we’d go dancing, then get somethin’ to eat, and then we’d finally go on a carriage ride.”

“Sounds great! Let’s go.”

So the night was just about over. Batista really surprised Caitlynn. Not only could he dress really good, but he could also dance. Her night was going amazingly. After they danced, they went to eat at Beppe, one of New York’s best Italian restaurants. There they talked about what they enjoy doing and their families and friends. Then they rode in a carriage all throughout New York City. Now they were riding in his car, taking her home. When they arrived at her house, she was surprised to see that he was walking her up to the door. “Well, I had an awesome time tonight. Thank you.” She said once they were at her door.

“I had an awesome time, as well. Do you want to go out again tomorrow?”

“Yeah, I’d really like that.” She said. Just when she was about to open the door, Batista turned her around and kissed her. It was so unexpected to her, but she kissed him back. When he pulled away he smiled and said, “Good night.” She returned the “Good night” statement, but he was already gone when the words came out

When she entered her house, she hugged and kissed her dad, Brad, and then told him good night as she basically floated towards her room. When she entered her room, she closed the door and sighed. “Tonight was a great night!



© 2012 Heather Maria


Author's Note

Heather Maria
You know the mantra!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on September 12, 2012
Last Updated on September 12, 2012
Tags: young adult, drama, romance


Author

Heather Maria
Heather Maria

About
Hello, I am a senior in college and an amature writer. I enjoyr reading and performing while creating new stories for my friends to enjoy. more..

Writing