Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Heather Maria
"

Two years later....

"

Chapter 1                                                            What she didn't know wouldn't hurt her, right? Wrong, what she didn't know would ruin her relationship with the small clan of friends she had. Malia Costello and Joe Jonas had known each other since they were little, and had started dating the summer before Malia's 18th birthday. Malia's life seemed fairy tale like, surrounded by amazing friends and a wonderful boyfriend. It was going on almost a year when Malia realized that he had been cheating on her from the start. She found out not only through the grape vine, but from the girl who he was cheating with. The whole situation had destroyed her relationship with the teen sensations, the JoBros, for a long time. Now, she was trying to move on, and getting ready for the red carpet walk for the new big movie premier, "Footloose." Old movie, but with a new face, Zach Efron would be playing the character Ren in the shadow of Kevin Bacon's big movie break. Before the premier she had other plans, a dinner date, but not with a guy. No, this friend was closer than Joe had ever been or his brothers. Caitlynn Pitt was a beautiful, fit African American, with a personality to match her beauty.

           

            Stepping out of her penthouse in Manhattan, Malia unlocked the door to her new 2005 anniversary, convertible Ford Thunderbird. It had been a birthday present from her parents when she turned 18, not the usual car an 18 year old celebrity asks for. But then Malia wasn’t the usual celebrity, she lived her life out of the limelight and kept her personal life personal. When she needed to clear her head she take her baby out for a spin, and today was no exception she needed some head clearing. It didn’t last long for the song, “Take a Bow” began ringing from her blackberry storm.

 

“Hello, this is Malia.”

 

“Hello to you too, and it’s nice to know your alive. You obviously didn’t look at your caller ID, because you wouldn’t have answered.” A smooth, tenor voice spoke on the other end.

 

“Nick, I’m sorry, but I couldn’t handle talking to you or Kevin. I think I’ve gotten past the mad part, but I’m still hurt. I know it’s not your fault and I shouldn’t have ignored all your calls, but I just needed to get away from anything reminded me of Joe.” Malia sighed, crossing the Manhattan Bridge into Brooklyn.

 

“I know, and I can’t change what Joes done. Anyways, I want you to know we are going to the premier tonight, all three of us. Didn’t want you to be surprised to see Joe there and get all emotional and then leave.” He chuckled

 

“I wouldn’t leave!” Malia denied the fact he was right, “Ok. I would.”

 

“Right, I know you. Anyways…this is going to be a really big shock for you, but I wanted you to be one of the first people I tell.” Nick stammered over his words.

 

“Awe, how sweet." What is it?”

 

“I’m dating Miley.” He rushed.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry this car pulled in front of me, what did you say?” Malia came to a modern, two-story house and parked in front of it.

 

“I’m dating Miley.” Nick uttered

 

“YOU’RE WHAT?” Malia screamed into the phone just as she dropped it.

 

“I’m dating…Oh my for the love of life…you heard me!” Nick flustered

 

“How on earth can you date her after all she’s done to you…?”

 

“I know, I know, but I love her! She’s not all bad, and in fact I love her for who she is and that means taking the good with the bad. Nobody’s perfect, in fact everyone has bad in them, she is just more opened about it than others.” He tried to explain, reason, and justify.

 

“You have to kidding me, right? A little bad in all of us? Wow, you need to take some philosophy classes on life, because there is no way you can sit there and say that without questioning your faith in God. Don’t ever quote her stupid songs to me either! Get for real Nick! Not only could you do so much better you have done so much better, her name is Selena! What happened with that? One bat of the Miley eyelash and you go back to her like dog!” Malia yelled, not believing she was even having this one-sided argument.

 

“Malia, don’t start preaching at me. You’re the one who is blind and can’t see past what is in front of you. You’re so obsessed with finding the perfect “soul mate,” that you can’t forgive the guy who loves you! Just because someone messes up one time you go off the deep end. You are a self-absorbed brat who is used to getting her way!” Nick refuted.

 

“That’s a lie and you know it! Just because I won’t give Joe an umpteenth chance, and because Miley has you by a leash and you feel trapped. As for Joe I waited a long time to date him, and when we are finally official he cheats on me from the start! He treated me like some charity project. You want me to go back to misery? No way. You parents would be so disappointed if they knew the truth behind your façade.” Malia concluded and snapped her phone shut, letting out a huge sigh.

 

            Malia took the keys out the ignition, locked the car, and knocked on the door of Caitlynn’s house.

 

“I heard that.” Caitlynn said as she opened the door.”



© 2012 Heather Maria


Author's Note

Heather Maria
You know the drill :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 12, 2012
Last Updated on September 12, 2012
Tags: young adult, drama, romance


Author

Heather Maria
Heather Maria

About
Hello, I am a senior in college and an amature writer. I enjoyr reading and performing while creating new stories for my friends to enjoy. more..

Writing