Transformation

Transformation

A Story by Patricia

There is always a next chapter in life.  I’ve noticed that a major happening occurs about every eight to ten years.  Some of the junctures are so smooth that it goes almost unnoticed.  Not that any stage is seamless, there is always some little tear in the fabric,

some shoe string left undone along the way.

 

It’s a wonder, then, that for most humans it takes us by surprise that a change is made necessary, another road is unavoidably taken in our life.  Then the inevitable “why” appears on the horizon.  “Why did she leave school; why did he marry so early; why isn’t my work going anywhere?”  It’s a feeling of unfairness, of being left behind, not chosen in the game.

 

For some of us, a life storm stirs up huge waves. Some totally unpredictable, unruly, destructive event causes the loss of life of a loved one.  They leave us abruptly, way too soon.  And we bow down in the hurricane wind wondering if we will ever be the same.

 

There is an undercurrent that I found deep inside of strength and indomitable spirit. I was surprised at the knowledge that I myself am not in control of much, if anything, that there is a gentle force in my spirit that can and will be beside me, guiding me with gentle care and comfort if I but ask.  I let go.

 

Through loss and tragedy I was trying to hold myself together, when the discovery came that I was already being held.  I sensed rather than saw the golden vein in the marble of my life that appeared only in a storm.  I found the gold deep inside of the mud and rock that was freed only with the total abdication of my own power.  In no other way would I have given up control.

 

I emerged a new person, with the God given grace that I asked for, and received.

 

There were gifts inside the raw suffering that would never have come about without the presence of that experience. No longer did the question, “Why, Why me?” appear on my horizon.  If there be questions that present themselves, it is “What” and “Where” and “How.”  What’s the next step in recovery, where shall that take place, and how can I share my experience with others going through similar circumstances.  It is in that sharing that hope is released in me and in those souls with whom I share.

And that transformation is the gift of inexpressible joy.

 


© 2014 Patricia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fantastic piece of writing and great story. I'd have organised the sentence structure a little differently, but that's just me! I like a fairly complex sentence structure. There are a few grammar mistakes and a couple of spelling mistakes that I noticed. Other than that keep up the great work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is entirely motivational and honest write, some times we need to find answers and only writers like you can guide the right direction. Epic!


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 4, 2014
Last Updated on June 4, 2014

Author

Patricia
Patricia

CO



About
Creative writing teacher. Published author, "The Open Door". Resident of Colorado. more..

Writing
Flight Flight

A Story by Patricia


Book Marks Book Marks

A Story by Patricia


Waking Up Waking Up

A Story by Patricia