Prologue - Alien's Ancient Message

Prologue - Alien's Ancient Message

A Chapter by Eisho Shu
"

A slate from alien was deciphered. The United Nations even make its way to notify the world about the text, the message.

"

I am Haku Fugien and my family is currently watching the news channel broadcast. My family consists of 4 members. Besides me, there is my father Kiel, my mother Secili, and my adopted little sister Mari. We have a habit of watching news early in the morning while eating breakfast. Well, mostly because of dad.

 

News: “Next, we have an announcement from the United Nations.”

 

Hmm… okay, I guess the news today is pretty normal. Even if is some kind of announcement from U.N. I doubt it is anything major. Then my father lightly hit me on my head.

 

Kiel: “Focus! Even if the news is not important to you personally, you can't just ignore it. How many times do I have to tell you? You are already 17 years old, grow up!”

 

Me: “Sorry dad.”

 

Kiel: “What did you call me?”

 

Me: “I mean, father.”

 

Then my mom stands up and grabs coffee for dad.

 

Secili: “Come on dear, you don't need to be like that again. You used to be happy when Haku calls you daddy years back.”

 

Kiel: “That is like ten years ago. He needs to grow up like Mari. They are almost the same age but she is much more mature.”

 

Mari: “Father, I think I still have a lot more to work on until I can be considered mature. I think brother Haku is better than me in that aspect.”

 

Mari then looks at me with the corner of her eyes and then continues eating.

 

Kiel: “Haku, you need to learn a few things from Mari. I bet you didn't even hear what the news was saying.”

 

Haku: “Sorry…”

 

I am so fed up with dad's consistent nagging. Normally, the one nagging should be the mother right? I have no idea why my dad is such a pain in the a*s. I should check out that news when I'm on the bus. I find it annoying but it will be even more annoying if by the end of the day, my dad ask me what that news were and I could not answer.

……

On the bus, Mari is sitting right next to me. She may act mature at home, but she is a child once she leaves the house. For some reason, she often sticks to me like glue. Some people thought I have sister complex. Shouldn't it be her having brother complex make more sense? Whatever, I should check out that news on my phone instead thinking about useless stuff.

 

--------------------

 

Ancient Slate Deciphered

 

A mysterious slate was discovered in October 1972 and it was only deciphered after over 40 years of work. The slate was believed to be created over 10,000 ago with technology more advanced than ours. The message from the slate is the following according to U.N.

 

This message should be notified to the world if deciphered. The master race of this planet will perish due your inferior genetic makeup. We are the one who placed life upon the planet. We cultivate this planet into a beautiful form but there are always destruction. We had grown tired at your kind’s violent nature. However, we are not heartless. We have decided to create a new race that resembles your kind with perfect genetic makeup, we call them Magidian. They will be released onto the land once 10 rotations are done after this message is deciphered. Should they speed up the destruction or become a salvation, it depends on your kind, the so called master race.

 

Above are the messages from the slate. The U.N. has notified all countries to tell all citizens this discovery at least 3 days before Magidian is released. They advise people to stay in door unless is absolutely necessary on September 28, 2016 just in case.

 

--------------------

 

Me: “What the hell is this? Even someone with 8th grade syndrome can make something better.”

 

Mari: “I knew you would say that. Do you think some dangerous is going to happen?”

 

Me: “No idea, but something bad or annoying might happen soon. Well, at least is not like the alien are taking over the world or kill us all.”

 

It looks like most of us just took the message as a joke. Most people forget about it the next day. A lot of us proceed with our daily life like normal.



© 2016 Eisho Shu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a interesting Sci-fi story it has alot of potential and the setting and plot is really good. But I have a few suggestions on the spelling of some of the words. The United Nation should the United Nations with a 's'. And the sentence in the first paragraph maybe you can change" On the top of me " to " The head of the family" it's just a suggestion you can use or not use it it's up to you. And the word "adapted sister" should be " adopted sister" But overall this is great Prologue it hooks the reader from the start .

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Eisho Shu

8 Years Ago

I wrote this on my phone with Google docs. It might have changed it without me realizing it. I made.. read more
yuriko

8 Years Ago

No problem good luck with the new story



Reviews

This is a interesting Sci-fi story it has alot of potential and the setting and plot is really good. But I have a few suggestions on the spelling of some of the words. The United Nation should the United Nations with a 's'. And the sentence in the first paragraph maybe you can change" On the top of me " to " The head of the family" it's just a suggestion you can use or not use it it's up to you. And the word "adapted sister" should be " adopted sister" But overall this is great Prologue it hooks the reader from the start .

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Eisho Shu

8 Years Ago

I wrote this on my phone with Google docs. It might have changed it without me realizing it. I made.. read more
yuriko

8 Years Ago

No problem good luck with the new story
Very interesting. Reminds me the movie Prometheus. Nice, cause i love that movie. Funny that you are writing a alien sci-fi book, because I just had a idea of doing a Dead Space fan-fiction piece last night. I guess two great minds think alike. I can't wait for more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Eisho Shu

8 Years Ago

I actually never watch Prometheus. I guess I should check it out.
Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

Yeah. It's great.
I like the ambition of what you've tried to do. It feels like the start of an action movie. However, it does need some refinement. You use a little too much exposition. Don't just tell us things like his family, reveal them through dialogues or interior monologue. It has more impact.

That being said, the concept is strong and I can see a lot of potential here...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

David Jae

8 Years Ago

It is a little stilted in places. But, this is not a major problem. Try reading it out loud and see .. read more
Eisho Shu

8 Years Ago

I did, however, it sound fine to me for the most part. I did notice I am missing a few punctuation w.. read more
David Jae

8 Years Ago

It can happen that way. Writing is a journey...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2016
Last Updated on March 13, 2016
Tags: mystery, slice of life


Author

Eisho Shu
Eisho Shu

Chicago, IL



About
I love games and anime. Then I pick up visual novel and eventually that got me into some Japanese light novel and Web novel. That is what brings me here to try and start my own story. My pen name is a.. more..

Writing