Chapter 3 - Rena's Shopping Trip

Chapter 3 - Rena's Shopping Trip

A Chapter by Eisho Shu
"

Rena, the Magidian starts living with Haku and his family. Due to Rena's pod dropping down into the school ground, the school is closed temporally. What kind of events will happen on this day off?

"

Mari: “Onii-san, wake up!”

 

Me: “Just a few more minutes.”

 

It is still very early in the morning. Dad is finally gone for once; can’t I just sleep in a little longer? As I am trying to go back to sleep, Mari jump onto me.

 

Me: “Gah!! What are you doing?”

 

Mari: “I have always wants to try waking you up like this. Isn’t there a lot of anime that have little sister do this, Onii-chan?”

 

The very last part when she calls me onii-chan is in a seductive voice. When did she learn how to talk like that? I pause for a few second then spat out a sigh.

 

Mari: “What is with that sigh? Am I not attractive to you?”

 

Rena: “I do not believe that is the case.”

 

Rena then points behind Mari. We both look at what she is pointing at slowly and I turn red when I notice what is up.

 

Mari: “Onii-san, I didn’t think you were this kind of person.”

 

Me: “Wait a second, I can explain.”

 

Mari: “As much as I love you, I don’t think I’m ready yet.”

 

Me: “Love me as sibling right? And you don’t need to get ready for that kind of stuff!!”

 

Mari: “Ah stop, please don’t use force.”

 

Rena: “If I may say something, I am ready at all time. If you wish to procreate, all you need to do is tell me. I already have your mother’s approval too.”

 

Me: “What!”

 

Mari: “Yeah and apparently Okaasan knows about my feeling towards you as well. She gives an okay with a peace sign to both of us.”

 

I can’t help but make a huge face palm that surprise Mari and Rena. They are worrying about me but I just can’t say anything right now. After about struggling to set things straight for half an hour, I finally am able to wash up and get to my breakfast.

……

Secili: “Good morning. You guys make quite a ruckus up there.”

 

Me: “Whose fault is it I wonder?”

 

When I say that, all three of them look at me.

 

Me: “How is it my fault?”

 

Mari: “It is because you just won’t wake up properly.”

 

Me: “I don’t want to hear that from a person who try to seduce her brother! Also kaasan, why would you give them an okay like is it nothing?”

 

Secili: “I don’t see the problem. You are already in high school and you never had a girlfriend. I think Rena will be a good match with you and Mari as well.”

 

Me: “You didn’t forget I and Mari are sibling right?”

 

Secili: “That may be the case, but is not like you are blood related.”

 

Mari: “Right, don’t worry about the small details.”

 

Rena: “I have no problem if you wish to have two us.”

 

Me: “…”

 

I give up. I can’t keep up with these three. The way they are thinking is just too abnormal. Mari has never been this aggressive too. I enjoy this time where dad is gone but Mari is making this worse than before. It is only morning and I feel really tired already. I just let them say whatever and start finishing my breakfast.

……

Mari: “Hey Onii-san, can you come with us today?”

 

Me: “Where do you two want to go?”

 

I look at Mari and Rena. They seem to plan on going out for something.

 

Mari: “We receive money in the mail today. It was addressed to Rena and I thought we should at least buy her some clothes.”

 

Me: “Money to Rena? How is that possible?”

 

Rena: “Apparently the capsule I entered this planet was taken by the government and they sent money as compensation. I can request to have them give it back to me but that capsule is something humans will be able to create in a few years. I don’t see the problem of letting them study it.”

 

Me: “Alright, I’ll go. Give me a few minutes; this will be a good chance to show you the town as well. How much money did you receive?”

 

Rena: “A bank account with 200,000,000 yen.” (About 1.76 million USD)

 

I was leaving the room and when she said the amount; my mind went blank and walks right into the door frame.

 

Mari: “Onii-san, are you okay?”

 

Me: “Yeah, but what is with that crazy amount?”

 

Mari: “I don’t think that is a lot.”

 

Secili: “I don’t think that is a lot either. I feel like they got it cheap to get their hands on alien technology with only that amount.”

 

I totally forgot even though mom is really nice, she have a crazy amount of greed. If she is able to get her hand on something, she will evaluate the worth and get the best deal out of it. I remember there was once when we are buying a new car, she cut the price by 20% from the dealer. I didn’t even know that is possible but she somehow manage to do it.

 

Me: “Well, just wait here and let me get ready.”

 

I want to lay down and just relax. I am completely mentally exhausted from everything. However, I did promise those two so I still change and head out together with Mari and Rena.

 

Me: “Alright, let’s go.”

 

Mari: “That took you a while.”

 

Me: “Sorry, I was thinking about a few things.”

 

Mari: “Like?”

 

I turn over and look at Rena. Mari gives me a suspicious face at the same time.

 

Me: “Rena, don’t tell anyone you are a Magidian or say anything about sex.”

 

Rena: “Why? I don’t see the problem.”

 

Mari: “Actually, Onii-san is right. I think it will be better to keep it a secret.”

 

Rena: “If anyone bothers with us, I can just cut them down. Any human or Magidian that is not related to Haku will be an enemy if they pose threat.”

 

Me: “Please don’t! It will bring more trouble if you do!”

 

Rena: “Then what should we do?”

 

Me: “We can just run or hide.”

 

Rena: “What if is not possible.”

 

My head hurts; I put my fingers over my temple trying to think the best answer.

 

Me: “… In that case, I will tell you what to do. If I can’t do that, just try not to destroy or kill anyone.”

 

Mari: “Are you sure that is alright?”

 

Me: “Yeah, Rena is learning our common sense pretty fast anyways.”

 

Rena: “I don’t know if that is the case but I will try my best.”

……

We ride the train to the shopping center. Rena is really quiet and only observes the surrounding. I thought she might ask bunch of questions since this is her first time but I’m glad she didn’t throw tons of questions at me. Then Mari starts whispering to me.

Mari: “Rena is being rather quiet isn’t she?”

 

Me: “Yeah, I was expecting something from her.”

 

Rena: “I just don’t want to cause a scene. You two didn’t want that right?”

 

Me: “Yeah…”

 

We whisper to each other so Rena wouldn’t hear but she whispers to us in respond.  Does Magidian’s have amazing hearing or we are actually talking too loud… I don’t know, I think it is just her having good ears.

……

When we reach the shopping district, there is a shocking scene. There is a girl with cosplaying as a cat girl in front of the station. A man next to her is charging people for photos. I don’t understand why there are people who will do something that embarrassing.

 

When I got closer to the entrance while we are walking out, I notice something off about that girl. Her fake cat ears just… moved.

 

Me: “Is it me or her ears just moved?”

 

Mari: “I think so, could it be?”

 

Rena: “Yes, she is a Magidian as well. I don’t know what type she is but she must be happy.”

 

Me: “What? She looks a bit troubled to me.”

 

The cat Magidian is looking super embarrassed while force to pose and have pictures taken. However, that man is just happily taking money from people.

 

Mari: “Yeah, she doesn’t look happy at all.”

 

Rena: “Our purpose is to serve the master we selected. If she has selected that man as her master, then she should be happy even for such commands. I am actually a bit disappointed in you, Haku.”

 

Me: “Wait, why are you disappointed? Did I something wrong?”

 

Rena: “No, but you haven’t done anything and that is the problem. I am still waiting for your first order.”

 

Me: “So you just want me to make you do something?”

 

Rena: “Yes.”

 

I spat out another sigh as respond. I have never had this big of a problem with anyone before. Ah wait, she is a Magidian. I guess she can’t really be count as a person? What defines a person anyways? Great, thinking about this is just making me frustrated.

 

Me: “Fine then, for today, go find something you like and let Mari help you decide what you should buy.”

 

Rena: “Something I like? I understand the second part but I don’t understand the first part.”

 

Me: “Just find something you enjoy. It can be food or games or whatever.”

 

Rena: “I don’t understand but I will try my best.”

 

Mari: “Rena-chan, just don’t talk about Magidian stuff while with us anymore. We are trying to hide the fact you are one right now.”

 

Rena: “Ah… My apology.”

 

Rena then bows down towards us and making a scene. Luckily, most of the attention is towards the cat girl.

 

Mari: “You don’t have to bow down like that. Just a simple sorry is enough.”

 

Me: “Yeah, anyways, let’s get going now.”

 

The three of us then walks around the district and shopping for Rena. We even went to some really expensive stores. The clothes the three of us wearing are not high class at all, so there are people looking at us when we walk in. We did end up buying a lot of clothes and paid with Rena’s special issued debit card. The sum is huge and since we paid with debit, it surprised even the cashier. We left in a hurry and had a good laugh.

……

Rena: “Is this much really necessary? I think two sets of clothes is enough.”

 

Mari: “No way, you need more than that. Having more clothes will allow you to dress up differently and appropriately.”

 

Me: “I have to agree with that. Even I have quite a few sets of clothes.”

 

Rena: “How about all these stuff? What are these things call toothbrush, makeup, perfume,…”

 

Rena just starts naming off those items one by one. I guess not all of them are necessary but she really has a lot to learn.

 

Mari: “Don’t worry; I will help you learn how to use them.”

 

Me: “Yeah, just listen to Mari when she is teaching you those stuff.”

 

Rena: “Okay.”

 

Afterward, we decide to hangout a little longer. We brought quite a bit of stuff and I guess it was fun doing this once in a while. We put away our bags in a public locker and enjoy ourselves for the rest of the day.


© 2016 Eisho Shu


Author's Note

Eisho Shu
I know I changed few words to Japanese, but I think using Japanese terms for certain places is better. Another reason is they are supposed to be Japanese after all. Some ideology and use of words are different. It is hard to find the right English word for certain moments. Tell me what you guys think and if this change is good.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good idea about the Japanese terms. There is some grammatical errors, but those are easily fixed. All in all you did a great job with this chapter. Good work.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 29, 2016
Last Updated on March 29, 2016
Tags: slice of life, comedy, shopping


Author

Eisho Shu
Eisho Shu

Chicago, IL



About
I love games and anime. Then I pick up visual novel and eventually that got me into some Japanese light novel and Web novel. That is what brings me here to try and start my own story. My pen name is a.. more..

Writing