A New World

A New World

A Story by Juls
"

I created this because I am a recent member to this website, so I decided to link that "newness" in a story. It doesn't make any sense at all and it's a bit short, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.

"
I walked into the dome. It was made of ice, almost as tall as a skyscraper. The light outside tinted it into glowing colors that slowly changed like water reflecting on the bottom of a pool. The floor was white, pure white. It hurt my eyes to look at it, like looking into the sun. No matter how much they walked on it, it remained opaque and bright.

What kind of place is this? I thought to myself.

I saw nothing ahead of me, but I couldn't just remain where I was, so I walked forward. My boots clicked each time I stepped, and the echo could be heard from everywhere, clanging with the echo of others around me. I tried to walk the way they did, but it was impossible. They moved so smooth, it was inhuman looking. Their eyes just stared ahead, never turning or glancing. I wasn't too worried though, for they seemed to pay no attention to me.

Miles and miles it felt like. Nothing lay ahead and nothing remained behind. So what was I doing this for, what use would it be?

I saw something at that moment. It was miniscule, but it was not an illusion. A flash of color, a bit of jerking. It couldn't be one of their kind, for the way this object moved was too irregular compared to them. Was it a human? My feet continued to step, but the object didn't seem to appear any closer. Maybe it was an illusion.

A screech lingered in the air, and then all light went out.

A flash of color...

A jerk of movement...

And an opening to something new.

© 2012 Juls


Author's Note

Juls
How is the structure?
Grammar
Should I word some things differently?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is great! you have me wanting to see what else is gonna happen.


Posted 11 Years Ago


It was excellent i am wating for more

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was...interesting. I think you did a nice job of description. I hope you write more. I'm thinking maybe this could be a prologue to a story. An adventure or quest. I don't know. Think about it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Uh, the story made perfect sense to me. Does that mean that somethings very, VERY wrong with me?
Good structure, good grammar, and neat little read. What more could anyone ask for?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 25, 2012
Last Updated on May 25, 2012
Tags: fantasy, story, strange

Author

Juls
Juls

About
Well... I'm here. I'm here to explore... something. I've always had an interest in writing. There have been many times where I just want to create something wonderful out of pen and paper. I.. more..

Writing
Beauty Beauty

A Poem by Juls


A Dragon Attack A Dragon Attack

A Story by Juls