1960's Gang Fight (Part II)

1960's Gang Fight (Part II)

A Chapter by Molly

The next morning, the boys came just as their parents had promised. All were looking as if they got up too early -in their cases, they did, and in desperate need of some hair combing from their sleep-mussed hair.

Adam was the one who greeted them and upon going into the living room, the boys saw Eve laying face down on one of the sofas, looking even more sleep deprived than the rest of them. Adam whispered to them that she wasn't a morning person, and presently went to hand her a mug of steaming coffee.

Without lifting her head, she accepted it gratefully. "It's a good thing that the only thing you can make is good coffee." she said, sitting up and yawning. The next minute, the contents of the mug were gone as if she inhaled the coffee. She looked at the boys and gave them a serene smile that made them blink at the stunning simplicity of her emotions on her face. "Your names seemed to have escaped me last night. Why don't you introduce yourselves while Adam gets the paint."

Josh was the youngest, the one who had broken into the house in the first place, just turned sixteen. He was lean, well on his way to becoming even taller than he already was. Alec was the next one, just seven months older than Josh, and seemed like the smart one in the group, that analyzed what the situation would be and if it would be worth it. Matt was the body builder in the group, the one that probably didn't mind gettin' rough on people, just over seventeen, and then there was his older brother Ral, practically just as ripped as his younger brother.

Then there was Len. He had only been on the scene of the crime because he felt a duty that his gang was his problem, something that others never seemed to grasp. Eve admired that about him, knew that that was the reason why he was the leader. Len seemed to be all four of his team mates combined. Smart, strong, limber, all good things in a leader.

She smiled sleepily up at him, and hauled herself up off of her sitting position and gestured for them to follow her up the staircase. "Well, painting the wall shouldn't take too long, so when you're finished I need for you to help me sort out my closet today. By then, I think it'll be time for you to leave, so tomorrow we'll work on outside work. Okay?"

The boys didn't answer but just gaped when she led them into her room and opened the door to the walk in closet. Inside, someone had taken all the clothes and shoes out of the boxes and just decided to throw them into the space. It looked like the clothes pile went as high as Len's waist and the shoe pile to his knees.

"I thought you said this wouldn't be long," one of them said.

Eve snorted. "I meant painting the wall wouldn't take long. Adam gave me the master bedroom, so his room doesn't have much closet space, so some of this stuff is his too," she said, cheerily. "Don't worry, I'll be in here to help you when you're done with the wall and bring you up lunch. It'll be four o' clock before you know it."

Her optimism went right over the boys head as they internally groaned and started back down the stair case when they heard that Adam had gotten everything ready for them. Like she had said, the wall was the easy job and seemed to be done at eleven, and then preceded to the sorting of the closet.

Some of her clothes were different, they noticed. Len noticed that Eve didn't dress like women these days, wearing dresses. Instead, she wore jeans, and seemed to be comfortable in them. He heard that women were now dressing in the fashion like men, but it really hadn't reached Broken Arrow. The revelation baffled him. It's not like she didn't own any dresses, she did, and they were just fine for a woman in the sixties, but why she didn't wear them was a mystery to Len.

Josh commented on it, and she just smiled and said, "I enjoy giving people something to talk about," 

Lunch came around and Eve went down to fix food and the time just seemed to pass by. Soon enough, it was fifteen minutes 'til four and the closet was neatly organized and sorted so that you could see the floor.

Eve sat down on the floor sighing contentedly. "Another great productive day." she said, smiling up at the weary boys. She checked her watch. "Looks like we're done for today. Thanks for all the help today, so I guess I'll see you all tomorrow."

And at that, everyone went home and darkness seemed to fall over Broken Arrow.

 

 

She grabbed her trench coat just as Adam was putting his shoes on, getting ready to go. The sun had set and the full moon had come, as night settled over the town like a thick blanket that wanted to suffocate you. They sneaked out into the darkness, molding into the shadows, one more so than the other. They split up on when they got to town, and followed their instincts.

Eve had felt something in this town, a different problem other than the two gangs that would fight soon, something that was going to interfere with her plans and mess up what she was trying to set in motion. Eve hates people who mess with her plans.

Instincts forgotten by the human race, she stalked up and down the alley ways, following that dark path that seemed to lead her in circles. Just as she was about to turn into another alley, the white hairs on the back of her neck stood up on end. Eve whirled around, taking her knives from her sheaths and started throwing them into the shadows.

Her weapons weren't just any weapon, it was constructed by Eve, a mere symbol of what she was capable of creating, curling and elaborate lettering were etched into each knife. The knives weren't just knives. They carried her spiritual power that was just a small part of her that could kill or harm any creature that she wished with just one cut.

The shadow she had been aiming at, dodged her attack and lunged towards Eve. It was too close now for her to throw at, so she dropped it and braced for impact as the thing grabbed her throat and pushed her up against the wall, it's hot breath breathing into her face.

What felt like claws, now changed to regular hands, the red and demonic eyes that seemed to stare at her, dulled to a brown human color, and a face took shape.

Eve's eyes narrowed in irritations and she easily pushed him off of her. "What do you want Gideon? And haven't you ever heard of a breath mint?"

He gave a slow, ravishing smile that made her want to slap him, but she kept her face void of emotion. "My mission is to try and stop what you're trying to do to this town."

She snorted in disgust. "Trying to get yourself back into the Highest Court?" she mocked. "You know that your era of rulers have been exterminated, so why even try?" Eve turned around and headed out to tell Adam of the news, but Gideon grabbed her arm.

"Because I love going against you. I live for the fights we have," he added when she opened her mouth. "How about you and I talk without your Second? We won't fight each other and we won't insult each other. At least, I won't." He said and without waiting for her answer, started hauling her towards one of the small bars in town and walked in.

There wasn't many people in the small saloon, just a few late night drinkers. The place was decorated in the old west, low lights, wooden tables and chairs, and old country music going on in the background. Even in their state, the bar tender and others heads' swiveled in their direction as Lucien led her to a small booth in the corner and sat her down and took his seat across from her.

Eve crossed her arms over her chest and huffed, irritated. "You know I hate public places," she whispered to him.

He gave a slow look around the bar. "You shouldn't be this self conscious, Eve. Just ignore them. They aren't worth your time to get worked up about."

"As if you understand," she hissed. "People always stare at me when I go out."

  "But you changed your hair color, so it's better now."

This was how Gideon was. Frustrating, annoying, irritating. It made her want to wrap her hands around his throat and choke him or throw one of her knives and watch as it sank deep into him.

That's when someone nudged the young waitress towards their table and she shuffled towards them nervously. Eve noticed how young she was, probably only nineteen, but she already had some stress lines crossing her beautiful tanned face. She asked to take their orders as if they were about to shoot her down. Eve hated to admit that in her mood, it was possible and she wouldn't even feel guilty when the act was done. But the girl's scared demeanor calmed her down some.

"Coffee. Nothing in it." she said calmly, almost pleasant like. Her voice didn't betray her sour mood.

"I'll just have a beer." Gideon said, not looking at the girl. The unsocial b*****d didn't like talking to people from this plane very much. Not that anyone on other planes didn't get the same treatment from him.

Eve coughed. "Still adding to that beer gut, I see." she muttered, loud enough for both people to hear. The waitress laughed but quickly covered it seeing his scowl towards Eve who just smirked back at him. "You drink too much, Gideon; it's not healthy for you."

Like the arrogant prick he was, he just rolled his eyes at her words and ignored her, still saying he wanted that beer. The girl couldn't get out of their presence fast enough. 

"You could at least try to act civilized here," she said to him.

He just leaned back and grinned at her. "I'm not civil."

"I know that. That's why I said to 'act'."

Gideon leaned back against the booth and chuckled. "I love your smart mouth and quick wit, Eve."

"And I hate your very existence," she said sweetly. He just grinned and shook his head. "So what do you want?"

His dark eyes became serious. "I want you to pull out of this battle, Eve. There's no need for you to fight." He leaned closer and spoke in a quiet voice. "It's a small little fight. You don't need to deal with the likes of these people."

She spoke through clenched teeth. "And what do you want me to do, Gideon? I'm here for a reason. Not because I came here on a whim."

"You'll get hurt."

"It's only natural," she said, surprised at the caring in his voice. Almost like he was pleading, but that couldn't be. Gideon didn't beg, especially not to her. "I'm meant to take on the pain of the world and this little fight won't be any different."

The girl came back with their drinks and left. Gideon instantly took a swig of the beer and shut his eyes tightly. "But it doesn't have to be you."

"You know that's not true." she said softly, sadly. "It has to be me. I won't let anyone else feel this burden of mine." Eve drank her coffee, reveling in the scalding heat, letting it spread throughout her body.

Then she felt the Vibrations change. It was a small shift, a tiny one that the universe usually wouldn't pay attention to, but since Eve was so attuned to the actions in the small town of Broken Arrow, that she knew what was happening.

The Vibrations of the Universe was everything and everyone's fate. They were all wired up to the Higher Court, and Eve's family had access to them too. Every single wire represents the future or what is happening to someone's fate. When something happens to try and force the wire elsewhere, the wire gives off a vibration. That is what Eve felt.

She slammed her mug down on the table and stood up in her anger. "You b*****d. This was all just a stupid joke to you! A diversion to get me away." she spat and turned to leave.

Gideon's hand grabbed her small wrist in an iron grip. "I was protecting you," he said fiercely. "You'll get hurt going out there. If you're with me, then you wouldn't get hurt."

She easily ripped her hand out of his grip and ran out of the bar as fast as she could, ignoring the stares she was getting.

Once she was gone, Gideon sighed and raised his hand. "Check, please."



She met Adam at a beat up, old kids park. It wasn't much of a park though, only some rusty swings and an even rustier slide. Adam was watching the fight between the two gangs that were destined to fight. But it wasn't supposed to be so soon. Eve knew what had happened.

The sky was darker than it should be for nighttime, clouds storming through in angry waves. The wind was howling and thunder and lightning were so close, Eve could feel the electricity in the air. The single lamp post that was the only source of light flickered dangerously, giving the warning of something horrible and ominous coming.

All the while, the two gangs kept on fighting, too busy to be paying attention.

Like something out of a movie, something flew down from the sky. A whole entire army of demons sent from hell was charging this way. The rankings of the demons varied and had Eve worrying. If they were all level one, two or three rankings, they could easily win. But without knowing the enemy, they were screwed.

Eve said the only thing she really could say. "Well, s**t."



© 2013 Molly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 19, 2013


Author

Molly
Molly

GA



About
Ah... I'm Molly. The weird, awkward hermit that doesn't like people... Yep. That's me... Alright, I'll be honest... I love Owl City (they are my heart and soul) along with the actual owls :3 Mus.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Molly


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Molly