The Drunken Night

The Drunken Night

A Chapter by prymore
"

I'm drunk while writing this so it's fitting, it's also what came to my mind, so let's see where it goes. :) Pronunciations Balaverd(Ball-ah-vard)

"
     "Captain?" a voice asked.
     I swirled the ice cube in my mouth for a few moments before turning, a young soldier stood behind me, waiting patiently. I sighed and bit down on the ice cube, chewing it to bits and then grabbed the glass, looked at it, and shrugged. I swallowed down the last gulp and pushed the last cube into my cheek.
     "Yes, what do you want soldier?" I asked.
     I saw him salute and shook my head, I placed the glass onto the bar and looked at the barkeep and shrugged and placed a platinum colored chip on the bar, he walked over and nodded and walked to the register.
     "Solder?" I asked, looking back at him.
     "You're required...requested to report back to base sir."
     "Figures...damned night was only started."
     "Here Balaverd." the barkeep said.
     I heard a sharp gasp and stared at him in rage. he shrugged and dropped the golden chips onto the bar, I closed my eyes and breathed in and out, in and out, and in and out. I picked up the chips and turned to the soldier who was staring at me.
     "Are you required to escort me back?"
     "They said yes...yes sir...Balaverd sir...or...sir."
     "Figures again...fine then...may stumble a bit, but doesn't matter...let's get going then...don't shoot me because of my past soldier."
     He nodded but had his hand on his gun from then on.
     Another lost, damned name, no, proud of it, just no one knows anymore.
     We walked back to the base, though the city, and into the meeting of the head generals. The generals stared at us as we entered and the soldier saluted immediately.
      "Balaverd here, no one likes me, but you all need me, due to my past, so here I am, I don't salute anymore."
     Everyone stared at me, the head general shook his head. I chuckled and walked over to the table. I stared at the map and saw each groups positions, I shook my head and walked around the table, I briefly saw the head general pull away the rest of the generals. I focused on the groups and visualized the terrain of the battlefield, every hill, every, tree, each and every blade of grass, the trampleed paths, the thick woods, everything. I picked up the pieces representing the groups and rearranged them, picking the places to hide, the best to attack, the best to defend, and the best to sacrifice themselves. I picked up the last piece and shook my head, and placed it on the edge of the table.
     "Bring this group home, no options around for best ways."
     "Best ways?" One of the generals asked.
     "Yes." I said.
     Another stepped up to me and I shook my head, he got close and whispered.
     "I think you're just an old drunk, not the one responsible for the massacre."
     I stepped away and glanced at the head general, he was shaking his head. I stared at the closest and smiled.
     "It wasn't a massacre, it was a genocide." I said calmly.
     "You sound proud." another of them said.
     "Generals...please don't start this." the head general said.
     "I'm older than all of you combined, and I did what none could do, I am more than all of you." I said.
     I saw the closest heading for his gun. I sighed and charged forwards and slammed him into the ground, grabbed his gun, and pushed it underneath his chin. I stared at him and he at me.
     "ENOUGH!" the head general yelled.
     I backed away and grabbed his arm and hoisted him to his feet and held his gun towards me, the barrel pointing towards me. He grabbed it and pointed it at my head. I stared at him in the eyes.
     "Pull the trigger and I'll torture you to death, much paperwork as it would take, I'd do it." the head general said.
     I stared up at him, he glared at me. I looked at the barrel and relaxed once he put it back in the holster.
     I nodded and breathed in and out a few times, relaxing, letting the drink fill my mind. I opened my eyes and walked back to the map and moved the group from the edge to a new spot, a place where they would only lose two or three men due to animal attacks alone.
     "Two or three casualties." I said pointing to it.
     "from fire?" the head general said.
     "animals...unless you want to sacrifice them, or pull them back, that's about the best place."
     "We'll pull them."
     "One likely then...crossfire from other battle, or maybe misfire from friendly...won't be pretty...find me in my tent later, no doubt for a yelling, goodbye."
     I turned and ignored the calls and walked through the camp, any who passed me gave me a wide berth, I smiled and walked into my tent, I folded out my bed and relaxed fully. I pulled out two glasses, and some whisky, I filled them both halfway and downed one of them. I refilled the empty one all the way up and slipped on it.
     The head general stormed in and stopped and glared at me. I held up the half full glass and he sighed and nodded.
     "More or is it fine?"
     "Fine."
     I handed it to him and he sipped it, he shivered at the taste and stretched his jaw.
     "Stronger than last time, got it delivered from the older kingdom."
     "Older...its illegal?"
     "Technically I suppose, thought it wasn't imported properly, so no."
     "You...you need to stop this."
     "What...drinking...if I stop I'll wake the rest with screams from nightmares, devouring children's throats in front of their parents, while they watch in front of all isn't something I'll forget...and that's the light nightmares...stuff I think of only during a light nap...the real darker stuff is hidden...don't think about it when dulled...doesn't work as much on me though...damned...go on and yell, I'm done ranting."
     "YOU NEARLY GOT SHOT TODAY!"
     "I could of leapt out of the way, have a few seconds advantaged, biological one as well, but I think I'll try to delay that discovery from the public for a while."
     "Indefinitely...not a while!" He yelled.
     "Same difference in the end."
     I swallowed down the last of the glass and stared at the bottle and shook my head.
     "I'm going to sleep, going to cut off my hearing if you keep yelling."
     "You'll be fired, if you keep it up!"
     "And risk me turning...I doubt that will happen."
     "You'll be captured and imprisoned...experiment upon...your secret is-"" he started.
     I closed my eyes and stretched out on the bed. once I felt the entrance open I turned back on my hearing and allowed myself to drift into the memories of old.


© 2020 prymore


Author's Note

prymore
Any suggestions, or questions are welcomed, expect error, wrote this drunk, am writing this drunk, not going to edit it much, besides the spell check, and brief reread.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed it the whole way thru, very interesting and just ominous enough.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

prymore

3 Years Ago

Thank you, I should be adding more to it soon. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
1 Review
Added on December 15, 2020
Last Updated on December 15, 2020


Author

prymore
prymore

colonial heights, VA



About
Hello my name is prymore, also known as oyak muisso meakezy, and a few others. i'm 22, I love to read and write and have created several fantasy worlds with hundreds of characters. follow me on twi.. more..

Writing
A Quote A Quote

A Chapter by prymore


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by prymore


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by prymore