The Pact

The Pact

A Chapter by prymore
"

A chapter where a pact is made.

"
     I walked out of the forest and walked over to the head general and bowed. I smiled and saw him looking around.
     "We are alone, they don't like it, nor will they if I'm officially executed and their chance for blood delayed or halted for years, but they will follow my orders."
     "They're loyal, already?"
     "Our kind are loyal, but if the leader loses they will follow the stronger...I have three hundred and fifteen."
     "Three...a creed is only fifty...or is it a hundred?"
     "Minimum fifty, maximum a hundred."
     "You have three creeds...I thought he only gave you one?"
     "He did, some left with the creed, they're loyal to me now."
     "Completely?"
     "Yes."
     "You're going to have to stand trial, I've convinced my people that-"
     I walked past him and stared at the rising moon, I breathed in deeply and felt the urge of power flow through me, I sensed his heart beat faster and I smiled as he inched away a bit.
     "I feel the power that it offers, but I'm not going to transform, nor will I eat you, we made the pact long ago, and even though I'm not bound anymore...well...we should bind ourselves again...officially."
     "I...I can't...if the trial goes well...then by all means...but not before."
     "They're going to kill me...aren't they?"
     "Yes...likely...I've convinced them that I didn't know what you were, just that you had a secret...after you...revive...you can join under another name...if you don't win the trial."
     "Percent of that?"
     "Not much...ten, fifteen maybe."
     "What would improve it?"
     "You could get me killed along with you, or just be imprisoned, while I'm shot...I'd rather not if you don't mind though."
     "Death by shooting isn't so bad...but I won't...I'll honor the pack, even though you won't make another."
     "If...fine then...but I can't...we can't make the same terms...it's unlikely you're going to survive...and that means I'd break it...and no turning...like last time."
     "The pact is the same terms, there is no other type of pact available, since you're not willingly killing me, or sending me to my death yourself...if you intent to then we'll wait...otherwise it would be wise to do this."
     "I may have to guide you to the execution chambers...I could try to get out of it...but it would throw more suspicion on me...do you want to wait?"
     "I'll forgive it, if it happens."
     "Okay...don't...turn me...I don't want to die that way."
     "You'd turn into a new way of living...but I know that you fear us...revulsion fills you...and that's fine...hold out your left palm."
     He gulped and walked over and held out his palm. I looked up at the moon and turned only my right hand, I stilled his shaking hand with my left hand and scratched open a tear across the center of his palm, he struggled briefly but returned to stillness. I tore open the center of my right palm and let go with my left hand, we grasped hands and our palms glowed, I closed my eyes and visualized the glow flowing fully into my palm. I opened my eyes and saw the glow was only in mine, I let go of his hand and we both stared at our healed palms, a scar ran where the cut lie, forever sealing the pact. My hand returned to its natural state, I stretched it and looked at the mark and smiled.
     He stared at the palm and released a breath, relaxing.
     "Not much pain this time?"
     "No...not much...I saw the glow go away...that means-"
     "I'm not going to turn you unless you wish it...the offer is forever there...no pact required...and thank you...my species thanks you as well."
     "Species?"
     "I...yes, species."
     "I thought you intended to wait?"
     "Well...I hadn't...plain's women are...you can read the rest. When is my trial?"
     "Tomorrow."
     "Of course it is...when should I meet you?"
     "You'll be considered a fugitive if you don't come back with me."
     "Tonight?"
     He nodded.
     "Hell then...sit here for a little bit...I'll be back in a little while."
     "Be sure to order your people not to eat me...I don't want to die that way either."
     "Yeah that's not a good way to go, unless you turn halfway through, then they stopped eating and you can heal...if enough of you is left."
     "I thought a bone fragment was all that was needed?"
     "For me yes...for the average one...a spine, brain, and at least a limb are needed for full regrowth, course a fellow can donate if needed."
     "Donate?"
     "Painful...but for a brother, or by order its an honor to sacrifice a small piece for another."
     "I...don't chop me to bits either."
     "If you keep me talking I'll just turn you and lock you in a box for millions of years."
     "I...just don't...we need to be back before sunrise."
     "Six hours to the camp till then...be back in two or three at max."
     "Okay...fine."
     "I would invite you...but they may mistake you as a snack."
     "Just go...mate or something."
     "I don't have all night...nothing will disturb you here...sleep even, if you can...be back eventually."
     "Don't...get me killed."
     "I will be back sooner than later...goodbye for now."
     I walked away from him, back into the deep woods towards the creek.
     


© 2020 prymore


Author's Note

prymore
Well drunk again, expect errors. Enjoy. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on December 16, 2020
Last Updated on December 18, 2020


Author

prymore
prymore

colonial heights, VA



About
Hello my name is prymore, also known as oyak muisso meakezy, and a few others. i'm 22, I love to read and write and have created several fantasy worlds with hundreds of characters. follow me on twi.. more..

Writing
A Quote A Quote

A Chapter by prymore


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by prymore


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by prymore





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5