Travel

Travel

A Chapter by prymore
"

The next chapter, I can't think of a good description.

"
     "I've heard this time is hard for everyone."
     "The world ended and everyone...yes."
     "There were two of me...at one point at least, one of them and that timeline are gone, this timeline as worse as it is, it could have been much worse."
     "I don't understand?"
     "Originally only thirty thousand people were left, I was killed in that timeline, but by my original choice of successor, unfortunately the world ended in a more violent way, I was revived as well, but earlier, only thirty thousand people in total were alive when I was revived, and it kept dindlining until only...a thousand I think. That version of me destroyed himself and went back in time to warn my futures past self...the one that ended up warning me, now I have to go back to my past to complete it."
     "Why couldn't you...or the future you just prevent it?"
     "I wasn't powerful enough...in fact I won't be strong enough for a long while...my past self...me, I put a beating on myself."
     "How do you know you don't die?"
     "I visit myself a few times over the years."
     "I see...that...how many times?"
     "Don't worry about the costs...I'll be able to cover them...once I recover."
     "Good...that...okay then."
     We stopped in front of a giant white metal door, I looked around at it, carveining of different types covered the surface.
     "This...this is-"
     "The door of the lost...everyone who lost someone on the outside carved their names, initial, a message for the dead...I can see why I mentioned it...it's...a deep sadness here."
     "Yes...did you...the future you mention how you revived?"
     "You."
     "But we tried...a century after your death."
     "You would have had to sacrifice a life per year of my life, including the ones laying in the tomb."
     "Oh...we...okay then."
     "How will the others accept me?"
     "You founded us...I'm sure fine."
     "I am sorry."
     "For what?"
     "You're parents."
     "Ah...I for-""
     "No."
     "Why?"
     "Wait...don't do it due to my status...forgive me, hate me, on your own terms."
     "I...okay then."
     He walked ahead of me and placed his hand on the doors surface, he flinched and removed his hand.
     "What was-"
     The door turned a bright crimson and disappeared.
     "Blood sacrifice?"
     "Yes...only the leaders blood can open it."
     "That's powerful magic...I hope you and the rest are careful with your powers."
     "We are."
     "Why...nevermind."
     "Why did I kill my original successor?"
     He looked back at me and only nodded.
     "You wouldn't have survived so long otherwise, plus, indirectly his leadership cause the world to end more violently."
     "I see...when...after?"
     "Before."
     "Then why?"
     "It was...I had to."
     "When you get back I'll require more."
     "Okay."
     We walked down the hall and came to a stop at a crimson door.
     "Inside is the machine...just think type, or say the date you wish to return to."
     "How long do I have?"
     "About an hour."
     "I see...okay then...okay."
     I walked up to the door and everything vanished.
     Thirteenth day, thirteenth season, thirteenth year from one hundred and sixty ninth.


© 2021 prymore


Author's Note

prymore
Not drunk, but a bit tired, expect mistakes. Any suggestions, questions, or criticism is appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on March 29, 2021
Last Updated on March 30, 2021


Author

prymore
prymore

colonial heights, VA



About
Hello my name is prymore, also known as oyak muisso meakezy, and a few others. i'm 22, I love to read and write and have created several fantasy worlds with hundreds of characters. follow me on twi.. more..

Writing
A Quote A Quote

A Chapter by prymore


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by prymore


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by prymore